1612063919200.png
SC Fixture 2021.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord De Goey

All Australian
Jun 4, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I didn't start Lloyd, Neale or Macrae this year. Probably my biggest regret. Ideally ill start all three but at the very least 2.

Lloyd McDonald Lukosius
Neale Macrae
Grundy Marshall

What are the chances Danger is a fwd again?

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
I didn't start Lloyd, Neale or Macrae this year. Probably my biggest regret. Ideally ill start all three but at the very least 2.

Lloyd McDonald Lukosius
Neale Macrae
Grundy Marshall

Danger should almost certainly get forward eligibility. So should Marshall. Been sharing ruck duties with Spuddy Ryder this year. if Marshall get DPP he will be pretty much the first player I pick next year.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Danger should almost certainly get forward eligibility. So should Marshall. Been sharing ruck duties with Spuddy Ryder this year. if Marshall get DPP he will be pretty much the first player I pick next year.
Fyfe will be a good chance to be a forward imo.

Could be some decisions to make if all of Danger, Fyfe, Marshall, and Petracca are forward eligible.

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Fyfe will be a good chance to be a forward imo.

Could be some decisions to make if all of Danger, Fyfe, Marshall, and Petracca are forward eligible.
Fyfe for sure. Reckon Petracca will lose it. Has played forward a bit more recently, but needs to hit 35% to be eligible.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Petracca was a lock all pre-season and it paid off. He's in next year. Locking down Grundy, Bont and Ridley too. Steele is a massive chance depending on price.

Some others I will be looking out for (but not :padlock: yet):
Bailey Williams (Bulldogs) - made the leap. Always shown glimpses but is slowly becoming a top 10 player for us.
Hunter Clark - I don't think many backed him in this year. Certainly ready.
Brad Hill - at his low price could be a good mid pricer and hopefully with the longer quarters he gets better.
Rowell - hopefully no 2nd year blues and he re-commences his premo status.
Cerra
Dawson - I've had him all year he's slowly coming good. Might give him another go next year.
Andy McGrath - pretty self explanatory

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
DEF: Lloyd, Rance, Balta
MID: Neale, Macrae, Titch, Piggy, Bolton
RUCK: Gawndy
FWD: Fyfe, Dusty, Danger

Probably no chance to work though with the 2 rookies we will have available next season
Polson will be rookie priced, so there's another one. :p

Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics

Lloyd McDonald Lukosius
Neale Macrae
Grundy Marshall

Absolute certainty! The question is whether or not he's had the mid time needed to have mid dpp.

2020-08-27 (2).png

I had difficulty doing forwards as it's the hardest position to predict eligibility. Out of those who average over 100 I can't see Petracca, Brayshaw or Greenwood holding forward eligiblity, ditto Whitfield (though he may be a defender), Smith, Simpkin, Rowbottom and Davies-Uniacke for those under 100. On the other hand; Fyfe, Dangerfield and Marshall might gain it. Maybe also Lycett though I worry Ladhams will hurt his SP.

Out of the leading forwards who will still be forwards, I think Hawkins is an avoid given his age and role, whereas I feel Dusty can be had for cheaper later in the year. Sonny's a tricky one, he looks appealing on paper but does he get enough midfield time next year?

Out of the those under 100 average, I think Heeney is appealing - he's a good shot of being in the best six forwards and his price will be somewhat unders because of that foot injury. Jack Martin is a maybe - his average is affected by that 18 but can you expect hm to back it up?

I think Butters and Rozee (if you're brave) are good calls - Butters especially seems ripe for a 100+ average season. Preuss will be interesting if he's still an R/F and moves clubs.

If you're feeling really brave, Franklin might appeal - his fitness is a huge worry but he'll likely be priced around $250k and his best still seems very good to me. Of course now I've said this he'll likely tear his hammy again and he'll only play 3 games.

View attachment 946663

I had difficulty doing forwards as it's the hardest position to predict eligibility. Out of those who average over 100 I can't see Petracca, Brayshaw or Greenwood holding forward eligiblity, ditto Whitfield (though he may be a defender), Smith, Simpkin, Rowbottom and Davies-Uniacke for those under 100. On the other hand; Fyfe, Dangerfield and Marshall might gain it. Maybe also Lycett though I worry Ladhams will hurt his SP.

Out of the leading forwards who will still be forwards, I think Hawkins is an avoid given his age and role, whereas I feel Dusty can be had for cheaper later in the year. Sonny's a tricky one, he looks appealing on paper but does he get enough midfield time next year?

Out of the those under 100 average, I think Heeney is appealing - he's a good shot of being in the best six forwards and his price will be somewhat unders because of that foot injury. Jack Martin is a maybe - his average is affected by that 18 but can you expect hm to back it up?

I think Butters and Rozee (if you're brave) are good calls - Butters especially seems ripe for a 100+ average season. Preuss will be interesting if he's still an R/F and moves clubs.

If you're feeling really brave, Franklin might appeal - his fitness is a huge worry but he'll likely be priced around $250k and his best still seems very good to me. Of course now I've said this he'll likely tear his hammy again and he'll only play 3 games.
What am I looking at in that spreadsheet?

Eligibility isn’t that hard to predict. Need to spend 35%+ in a position to earn eligibility in that section.

What am I looking at in that spreadsheet?
It's their 2020 - 2019 - 2018 average (with a caveat for any outliers this season to show value). I'll post an updated version in a few weeks time.

RE the second: I'm aware, it's just difficult to find and a lot of people I suspect are on the cusp so could go either way.

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Sam Walsh - M1

Absolute lock for mine. Slow start to the year means he should be reasonably priced next year.

Cerra another one that should be relevant next year. Hoping he played back enough early in the year to be a def/ mid.
Scrimshaw on the watchlist as well.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Don't think he's played enough time forward for R/F unfortunately.
Agree .....will be interesting based on his starting price .....his lack of weight isn't hampering his ruckwork, and he's better at ground level than English

In fact all round he's a better prospect than English IMO

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Agree .....will be interesting based on his starting price .....his lack of weight isn't hampering his ruckwork, and he's better at ground level than English

In fact all round he's a better prospect than English IMO

I can see TDK having a Marshall type breakout once he puts on a bit more size. 2022 probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back