NBA boycott games after Milwaukee Bucks boycott

Remove this Banner Ad

Money is the big issue with the NBA.

They let us know that in no uncertain terms when Morey got no support from the league or players for showing his support for Hong Kong.

Hong Kong is a whole different issue and is complex. Are you familiar with how Hong Kong was westernised in the first place? It is a bit of a stretch to expect LeBron James or the NBA to resolve the Hong Kong protests.

I also note that LeBron James and the NBA have not resolved Middle East peace, the Palestinian question, tensions in Ukraine, Belarus, Kashmir, Ethiopia, they haven't cured aids, cancer, coronavirus, global warming............ Do you expect them to stop playing until the whole worlds issues are resolved?

And given LeBron James and pretty much the entire NBA are not Chinese there is not much personal connection to the issue either.

LeBron James is an African American man and the NBA is a mostly African American League in a country where they believe African American men are being unfairly treated.

He is entitled to protest and just because they are good at basketball does not take away that right. Not taking up every cause on earth does not take away that right either.

And arguing that is does is weak.

So where do we go now? There's POV from all sides on this debate. Do people who disagree with the stance for whatever reason, which is totally fine - everyone's entitled to their opinion - boycott the NBA. Like here in Australia, former fans have boycotted the AFL due to the kneeling.

When are we going to talk about the school/church/concert shootings, done by around 94% white people?
Or do we only talk about the black on black crime?
Who’s talking about black on black crime?

I’m talking about kids being shot, kids of all races get shot daily.

5 year old kid shot riding his bike by his neighbour, no one bats an eyelid.

The problem like i said is guns, which is why you have church/school/concert shootings. It’s why the police shoot people of all races.

So where do we go now? There's POV from all sides on this debate. Do people who disagree with the stance for whatever reason, which is totally fine - everyone's entitled to their opinion - boycott the NBA. Like here in Australia, former fans have boycotted the AFL due to the kneeling.

Will you boycott Taylor Swift?

The Dems use black people, but then again they also do more for them than the Republicans (especially Trump).

I can see them supporting Republicans in normal times, but I dont see why any logical man or woman of colour would support him.

Well that's an untruth. They don't do anything for them.

It's one of the biggest lies and illusions that the Democrats take care of the black communities.

Why did it take Trump to increase funding to HBCs and guarantee that funding when the US had just had a black President for the last 8 years?

That doesn't mean Trump is a good bloke, it just shows though that the narrative being spun is false but it sucks blacks in to give their support to a party that doesn't look after them.

Why are the worst and most dangerous places for black people mostly in Democrat ran states? Chicago isn't a Republican ran town.

Only about 35% of the country vote republican anyway. (voluntary voting).
The electoral college system and gerrymandering means that can be enough to win the presidential election.

Given 95%+ african americans vote blue I'd say no, not many would.
That and the white people who are associated with the african american nba community would become empathetic generally, moreso than a southerner who never meets an african ameriacn person.

What?

Southern America has the biggest black populations by % outside of Maryland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt that.

If 97% of black people vote Democrat and the majority of the league are black...

There's also rarely any black athletes who come out showing any support for Republicans because the vitriol and hate that comes their way will make them a pariah. So they keep quiet for the most part.

IIRC Karl Malone admitted to being one years ago, and Dennis Rodman wasn't a fan of it, in one of his autobiographies, The Worm said that many players around the league considered Malone a traitor to the Black Race, due to his pro Conservative/Republican politics.

Hong Kong is a whole different issue and is complex. Are you familiar with how Hong Kong was westernised in the first place? It is a bit of a stretch to expect LeBron James or the NBA to resolve the Hong Kong protests.

I also note that LeBron James and the NBA have not resolved Middle East peace, the Palestinian question, tensions in Ukraine, Belarus, Kashmir, Ethiopia, they haven't cured aids, cancer, coronavirus, global warming............ Do you expect them to stop playing until the whole worlds issues are resolved?

And given LeBron James and pretty much the entire NBA are not Chinese there is not much personal connection to the issue either.

LeBron James is an African American man and the NBA is a mostly African American League in a country where they believe African American men are being unfairly treated.

He is entitled to protest and just because they are good at basketball does not take away that right. Not taking up every cause on earth does not take away that right either.

And arguing that is does is weak.

Nobody said LeBron has to resolve it. It's about him showing his hypocrisy when money is involved.

Listen to what the moron said at the time. Lecturing Morey on not calling out that POS Communist Government because "mah money". Don't say stuff that means I might not get my money.

It's like taking blood money and being content to stay quiet about where that money comes from then having the nerve to lecture others on morality.

Well that's an untruth. They don't do anything for them.

It's one of the biggest lies and illusions that the Democrats take care of the black communities.

Why did it take Trump to increase funding to HBCs and guarantee that funding when the US had just had a black President for the last 8 years?

That doesn't mean Trump is a good bloke, it just shows though that the narrative being spun is false but it sucks blacks in to give their support to a party that doesn't look after them.

Why are the worst and most dangerous places for black people mostly in Democrat ran states? Chicago isn't a Republican ran town.

Modern democrats do a damn lot more for black communities than republicans.
You cant possibly say otherwise.

You mean trumps false claim about saving HBCUs? Most of them are still dying financially and he tried to resist at every hurdle, while a bipartisan bill was put forward with many educational reforms that finally got passed after over 6 months of negotiation.

You arent seriously fooled when Trump says something are you? You realise its 90% of the time a blatant lie.

You say its most dangerous in democrat run states, while not at all addressing WHY are black people poor, WHY do poor people commit more crime, WHY do african americans vote Democrat, WHY are democrat states teh biggest contributors to tax revenue but some of the smallest recipients.
Its all linked in a cyclical downfall and you cant even see it.

IIRC Karl Malone admitted to being one years ago, and Dennis Rodman wasn't a fan of it, in one of his autobiographies, The Worm said that many players around the league considered Malone a traitor to the Black Race, due to his pro Conservative/Republican politics.

And the most brain damaged, drug f**ked nba player in history is a republican.
If i supported that side I wouldnt be bringing Denis' name out too often

It'd be alright if Trumps views were just conservative and not overtly fueling racial tensions.

I think there would be people feeling that way in their own families across america right now.

Charles Barkley often cops s**t for his views. Charles isn't overtly political but still cops it when he shares a view that doesn't support the black Democrat narrative.

Black Republicans cop vile abuse. A lot of it from supposed BLM supporters.

Charles Barkley often cops sh*t for his views. Charles isn't overtly political but still cops it when he shares a view that doesn't support the black Democrat narrative.

Black Republicans cop vile abuse. A lot of it from supposed BLM supporters.

Oh boo *ing hoo like people who get brought up in uneducated redneck families dont get the same treatement when they decide to vote against their families agenda.

You reckon democrat voters in NASCAR are not treated that way?

Thats life buddy.

BLM didnt invent pressuring freinds and family to vote the same way you silly boy.

Modern democrats do a damn lot more for black communities than republicans.
You cant possibly say otherwise.

Like what? I can say otherwise because look at everything going on, there's no evidence your claim is true.

Take Maxine Waters as an example, been in politics for 30 years. Wasn't a multi millionaire when she started but is now a multi one. Also represents one of the poorest areas in the US. One of the most corrupt politicians in the US.

She's making her own family rich while her community is a slum.

You mean trumps false claim about saving HBCUs? Most of them are still dying financially and he tried to resist at every hurdle, while a bipartisan bill was put forward with many educational reforms that finally got passed after over 6 months of negotiation.

You arent seriously fooled when Trump says something are you? You realise its 90% of the time a blatant lie.[/quote]

Actually I got that factually checked at politifact. So it's not actually a false claim. It's that easy to find out if something is true or not.

More was accomplished to keep them around then the previous 8 years. No bold statement there.

You say its most dangerous in democrat run states, while not at all addressing WHY are black people poor, WHY do poor people commit more crime.
Its all linked in a cyclical downfall and you cant even see it.

Well if Democrats look after black people so well why are they facing all these issues?

I'm going with because they don't actually do anything for them, why? Because if they remain poor they can control them through welfare.

Lift them up, educate them, make them more self aware and they'll work out the fraud that is the Democrat Party.

Oh boo f*n hoo like people who get brought up in uneducated redneck families dont get the same treatement when they decide to vote against their families agenda.

You reckon democrat voters in NASCAR are not treated that way?

Thats life buddy.

BLM didnt invent pressuring freinds and family to vote the same way you silly boy.

BLM are just a bunch of Marxist hypocritical *******s.

We're talking about regular normal people here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back