Game Day Round 14: Essendon v Hawthorne, Thursday 27/8/20, Adelaide Oval, 4.10pm ACST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that actually happened. Still very concerning it took this long for them to play this brand of footy. I wonder what changed.

Ok, but from what i am seeing the gameplan is shambolic regardless if the players can execute or not. A plan based on running forward of the ball with no accountability or respect for the opposition, and no ability to defend.
I am not a fan of our defending but midfield turnovers make it hard to defend. That quarter showed what our plan is about. Forward handball to players running forward rather than stationary targets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A goal kicked from structured play. I honestly can't believe what I just saw.

Last year it was everytime Walla provided energy we looked good, now it's Joe.

This team is so mental, our gamestyle is high octane run and it seems we need some pretty big motivation to actually do it.

McGrath that was your best quarter of footy in your career. One little error when you have the handball too quick. That should be the lesson to take the space, you can stop time, your quicker than others.

Hooker forward got the ball rolling and suddenly we had a dangerous forward line....first time for ages.

Matched up McEvoy and with Patton off we don’t need the extra in defence.

Just looks like there more run and carry. Lowering the eyes. Not as much "handball first" approach.
It is still hand ball first but it is just smarter footy. Stop hand ball to stationary targets. Hit the guys running forward and it allows the forwards to lead at the ball. Skill level was better as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back