Club World Cup: Perth Glory
Top Scorer: Rodrigo (26)
Best Transfer: Rodrigo
Worst Signing:
Sancho
Champions League: Atalanta
Europa League: Napoli
1st Manager Sacked: Dean Smith
Not sure what's more unrealistic Leeds 2nd or Spurs getting a trophy.

Premier League:
1. Liverpool
2. Leeds United
3. Manchester City
4. Chelsea
5. Manchester United
6. Arsenal
7. Tottenham
8. Wolves
9. Leicester City
10. Everton
11. Sheffield United
12. Newcastle
13. Southampton
14. Burnley
15. Crystal Palace
16. Brighton
17. West Ham
18. WBA
19. Aston Villa
20. Fulham

To Get Promoted: Norwich
, Swansea, Brentford
FA Cup: Manchester United
League Cup: Spurs
Community Shield: Liverpool
UEFA Super Cup: Bayern Munich
Club World Cup: Perth Glory
Top Scorer: Rodrigo (26)
Best Transfer: Rodrigo
Worst Signing:
Sancho
Champions League: Atalanta
Europa League: Napoli
1st Manager Sacked: Dean Smith

Troll post, should be put in that Leeds thread Pykie made please mods.

1. Liverpool
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Manchester United
5. Arsenal
6. Tottenham
7. Everton
8. Wolves
9. Leicester
10. Sheffield United
11. Southampton
12. Newcastle
13. Crystal Palace
14. West Brom
15. Leeds United
16. Burnley
17. Brighton
18. Aston Villa
19. West Ham
20. Fulham

To Get Promoted: Watford, Swansea, Brentford
FA Cup: Arsenal
League Cup: Manchester City
Community Shield: Liverpool
Club World Cup: Bayern Munich
Top Scorer: PEA
Best Transfer: Werner
Worst Signing:
Champions League:
Bayern Munich
Europa League: Sevilla
1st Manager Sacked: David Moyes

Last edited:
1. Liverpool
2. Arsenal
3. Manchester City
4. Chelsea
5. Manchester United
6. Tottenham
7. Everton
8. Wolves
9. Leicester
10. Sheffield United
11. Leeds
12. Burnley
13. Southampton
14. Newcastle
15. West Ham
16. Crystal Palace
17. Brighton And Hove Albion
18. West Bromwich Albion
19. Fulham
20. Aston Villa

1. Liverpool
2. Arsenal
3. Manchester City
4. Chelsea
5. Manchester United
6. Tottenham
7. Everton
8. Wolves
9. Leicester
10. Sheffield United
11. Leeds
12. Burnley
13. Southampton
14. Newcastle
15. West Ham
16. Crystal Palace
17. Brighton And Hove Albion
18. West Bromwich Albion
19. Fulham
20. Aston Villa

Best transfer Messi?

Best transfer Messi?
He's got to get there first and then we'll see what he does and we'll also see what happens if City get beaten by 3 or 4 goals. Will he sit on the ground thumping his fists whilst balling his eyes out? Will he storm off the pitch and demand that City bring in a brand new group of players to do all the running whilst he saunters around like a tourist? Will he just storm out of the club if things get tough? Maybe he'll refuse to play because some brute breathed on him too hard and he falls over and DOESN'T get a free like he would in the Spanish League? These and all other questions will be answered if he ever gets to Man City.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got to get there first and then we'll see what he does and we'll also see what happens if City get beaten by 3 or 4 goals. Will he sit on the ground thumping his fists whilst balling his eyes out? Will he storm off the pitch and demand that City bring in a brand new group of players to do all the running whilst he saunters around like a tourist? Will he just storm out of the club if things get tough? Maybe he'll refuse to play because some brute breathed on him too hard and he falls over and DOESN'T get a free like he would in the Spanish League? These and all other questions will be answered if he ever gets to Man City.
And Maradona never made these demands or sooked? A lot of the great past players have. Messi has given 16 years to Barca and maybe he just can’t work with the current President...happens a lot in both sport and real world

1. Liverpool
2. Man Utd
3. Chelsea
4. Man City
5. Tottenham
6. Wolves
7. Everton
8. Arsenal
9. Southampton
10. Leicester
11. Sheff Utd
12. Burnley
13. West Ham
14. Newcastle
15. Villa
16. Fulham
17. Brighton
18. West Brom
19. Palace
20. Leeds
Leeds are winning the league m8

Premier League:
1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Manchester United
5. Tottenham
6. Everton
7. Arsenal
8. Wolves
9. Leicester
10. Southampton
11. Palace
12. Sheffield United
13. Newcastle
14. Leeds
15. Burnley
16. Brighton
17. Villa
18. Fulham
19. West Ham
20. West Brom

To Get Promoted: Watford, Swansea, Norwich
FA Cup: Manchester City
Top Scorer: Kane
Best Transfer: Havertz
Worst Signing: Fabio Silva
Champions League: Manchester City
Europa League: Arsenal
1st Manager Sacked: Moyes

Premier League:
1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Manchester United
5. Tottenham
6. Everton
7. Arsenal
8. Wolves
9. Leicester
10. Southampton
11. Palace
12. Sheffield United
13. Newcastle
14. Leeds
15. Burnley
16. Brighton
17. Villa
18. Fulham
19. West Ham
20. West Brom

To Get Promoted: Watford, Swansea, Norwich
FA Cup: Manchester City
Top Scorer: Kane
Best Transfer: Havertz
Worst Signing: Fabio Silva
Champions League: Manchester City
Europa League: Arsenal
1st Manager Sacked: Moyes
I'm gonna assume you're a City fan.

1) Liverpool
I think the title race will be closer this year, because 1) they haven't reinforced enough and 2) Mane/Salah/Firmino seem to be slowly declining in terms of output over the past couple of seasons. This is not a great thing for them, because Liverpool don't actually create that much and rely on lethal finishing. Losing Wijnaldum will also hurt. That said, Man City haven't really addressed their core issues, so they should retain the title.

2) Manchester City
Having Laporte back should help them defensively, but their backline still lacks a leader and is prone to leaking unexpected goals. Pep's sides have always had issues with high-pressing sides (like Liverpool) but this Man City side are also prone to getting picked off on the counter (Chelsea/Wolves). Buying the likes of Ferran Torres is all well and good, but I wouldn't expect Ake to do much to address the issues at the back. Plus Pep has never completed a 5th season with any club before, and there's no reason to believe that his record in his 5th season will be any better than his record in his 4th (Barcelona/Man City). They'll close the gap on Liverpool some, but I think they'll fall short of regaining the title, especially since Pep will focus more on the CL than the PL.

3) Chelsea
I would say this season will be like 2003/04 - a transitional season wherein many new signings will be integrated. We were able to get around 80 points that season, and given our frantic efforts to address our main issues last season (poor finishing + awful goalkeeping + lack of defensive leadership) I don't see why we can't 1) do far better than last season in terms of points gained and 2) gain around 80 points. Given the opposition, that should be enough for 3rd. I don't expect higher unless either Liverpool or Man City grossly underachieve.

4) Manchester United
Defensively they are reasonable (not brilliant though), but they rely far too much on certain players (Fernandes/Pogba) to actually create chances. van der Beek will help with creating chances, but he's not a Fabregas/de Bruyne-style creator. Plus I'm not fully convinced about Ole - he's improved since the start of the year, but I'm not sure what his ceiling actually is. Should be good enough for 4th, but anything better will be an achievement IMO.

5) Tottenham
Possibly generous - Mou has always done best with heavy financial backing, and Tottenham simply aren't the club to provide it. That, and I think his best is behind him as a manager. However, he has made an effort to improve the side defensively, and like all Mou sides they should be dangerous on the counter. Plus he invariably peaks in his 2nd season.

6) Wolves
Had an excellent season in finishing 7th despite participating in the Europa League - in fact improving on their 2018/19 season. Losing Doherty hurts, but acquiring Marcal makes up for his loss some. Plus, they have been creating plenty of chances despite often relying on counter-attacking. If the acquisition of Fabio Silva comes off, they might well finish even higher. If it doesn't, they could finish lower but...

7) Arsenal
...the difficulty that Arsenal face is that they cough up too many chances and rely too much on Aubameyang's singular brilliance to score. Arteta has added a steel to Arsenal's defence that I don't think I've seen from Arsenal for over a decade, plus he has made some promising signings in that regard, but Willian is not, and has never really been, the playmaker that they need, because while he has been a solid servant for Chelsea, his decision-making in the final third has always been inconsistent. They shouldn't come 8th again, but I'd be impressed if they came higher than 6th or thereabouts.

8) Everton
Everton have often flatted to deceive in recent seasons, but Allan/Doucoure (should he be signed) will add dynamism to a midfield that was too ponderous last season, while James should contribute a good number of chances and goals. However, I don't expect them to finish higher than 8th - Ancelotti is a very good manager and an excellent man-manager, but IMO his best comes in the cups, not in the league because he seems to swing between varying formations too much or running a certain system into the ground. That sort of unpredictability can catch a side off guard in a one-off, but over the season it unsettles your side and/or makes you too predictable.

9) Leicester
They impressed last season, and their key hitman still remains, but he's getting on in years and one of his main assets is his pace. If that starts going, he won't be quite as lethal as a striker. Moreover, Rodgers does seem to lose his touch somewhat in his 3rd season with a club (Liverpool/Celtic) and his sides have always been somewhat dodgy defensively. They did well to concede as few goals as they did last season. 9th may be harsh, but given what's in front of them it's hardly ridiculously so.

10) Southampton
They finished last season very impressively and have made some interesting signings. Southampton have certainly improved during Hassenhuttl's time with the club, and he's stylistically similar to Klopp (heavy pressing with quick counterattacks). His record doesn't completely bear this out, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was like Klopp at Dortmund/Liverpool - improving gradually in his first two seasons before peaking in his 3rd/4th.

11) Burnley
Very well-drilled side with a very competent manager who knows the club inside out. Should finish around here.

12) Sheffield United
Did incredibly well to finish above the Top 10 last season, but that was in large part down to Dean Henderson, who has now since departed. Still, Ramsdale is not a bad replacement, and Wilder is 1) good and 2) intimately familiar with the club, so I rate them a bit more highly than any of the sides below them.

13) Leeds United
Very difficult to rank. On the one hand, Bielsa is up there in terms of pure managerial skill. It's also not clear to me that Leeds will suffer the usual issues associated with Bielsa sides; namely that they start well before badly fading away. While COVID probably made a difference, Leeds were clearly picking up steam even before the enforced break. The Championship is a notoriously physically demanding league, so if a Bielsa side can survive that (never mind ultimately winning easily) then I don't see why they would burn out in the PL. On the other hand, there are obvious holes in this Leeds side, enough to say that I think they'd probably be relegated without Bielsa's involvement. None of the GK's or LB's are at the required standard, and while Rodrigo will no doubt score more than Bamford (who wouldn't really?), I'm not sure he alone will be a massive difference-maker. Much depends on whom they secure over the coming weeks.

14) Crystal Palace
IMO not a particularly impressive side, but if there's one thing Roy knows how to do, it's keeping average sides in the PL. Eze will contribute some goals, which were badly lacking last season.

15) Brighton
Graham Potter's side plays a positive, proactive brand of football, and they certainly create enough chances to finish close to the Top 10. The issue is that they don't have any great finishers and I don't see that they've addressed this issue. Should stay up but that's about it.

16) Newcastle
I don't rate this squad particularly highly at all, nor am I completely convinced of Bruce's ability as a PL manager. Dubravka was literally the difference between them staying up and going down. Callum Wilson will contribute some goals, but Dubravka had better continue his good form, otherwise relegation looms.

17) Aston Villa
I don't necessarily think that Dean Smith has the sort of managerial style that's suited to consistently surviving relegation dogfights, nor do I think that this squad is much chop with the exception of Grealish, but as with last season, I get the impression that there may actually be 3 other sides who fare worse.

18) West Brom
Their overall Goals For/Against profile is remarkably similar to that of Sheffield's 2018/19 season, plus Bilic is a competent manager, which gives them a reasonable chance of staying up. However, whereas Sheffield's GK was an obvious asset, West Brom's is IMO a liability, so I don't expect them to fare anywhere near as well defensively. Additionally, I'm not sure there are enough goals in the side and the squad suffers from an ongoing lack of investment. Them staying up will likely require other sides to fall in a heap.

19) West Ham
On paper, they certainly have the squad to stay up, and Moyes does know his way around a relegation dogfight, but morale around the club is clearly at a low and their owners continue to undermine the club. Given how leaky their defence was, losing Rice (as seems likely) will be a big blow and Soucek is more a Fellaini-style bruiser than a real defensive midfielder. So it doesn't look good.

20) Fulham
Scott Parker is untested at this level and there seemingly aren't enough goals in this side.

Last edited:
Premier League:
1. Liverpool
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Manchester United
5. Arsenal
6. Wolves
7. Leicester
8. Tottenham
9. Everton
10. Southampton