Finally we have a Grand Final!

SydFC.png

V

Melbourne-City-FC-logo.jpg

Date: Sunday 30th August 2020
Time: 6:30pm EST
Venue:
BankWest Stadium, Sydney

The best two teams of the season play off for the dunny seat!
Will Sydney win its 5th Championship? or will Melbourne City finally live up to its expectation and take out their first real title.
Sure to be a tight and hopefully exciting match.

Prediction: going on form can't go past City winning there first title
Melbourne City: 2-1

Enjoy the match people hopefully an exciting match unlike last year!

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Anyone know what capacity BankWest will have for the final? General Giant you heard anything from Sydney FC?

No idea. It was at 10% for the semi. So 3k. (That’s what they were saying in foxsports....)
Don’t know if there is any change for the Grand Final.

Tickets have gone on sale today to members and only single seats left.

Last edited:
The dream grand final for the COVID era grand final I guess - 2 teams no one cares about, playing a game that no one knows is on, in front of a handful of diehards and some empty seats. The ultimate "if a tree falls in the woods..." trophy.

The ground situation is equally hilarious, holding it in neither teams home at Parra. Although that probably checks out in the COVID era too. Had it been a year ago the game would've been played in front of a half empty SCG with fans whinging that it should've been at Leichardt (which they still wouldn't have filled.)

The dream grand final for the COVID era grand final I guess - 2 teams no one cares about, playing a game that no one knows is on, in front of a handful of diehards and some empty seats. The ultimate "if a tree falls in the woods..." trophy.

The ground situation is equally hilarious, holding it in neither teams home at Parra. Although that probably checks out in the COVID era too. Had it been a year ago the game would've been played in front of a half empty SCG with fans whinging that it should've been at Leichardt (which they still wouldn't have filled.)

You’re having a bad year aren’t you.

Every Sydney GF has been a sellout, should check details before throwing a tantrum.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. So much toxic bitterness.

You’re having a bad year aren’t you.

Every Sydney GF has been a sellout, should check details before throwing a tantrum.

They've hosted it twice.... once in the inaugural season when tickets were given away to fill it, once when they played the biggest team in the league.

That was a really weak argument man.

They've hosted it twice.... once in the inaugural season when tickets were given away to fill it, once when they played the biggest team in the league.

That was a really weak argument man.

Soooo why say we don’t fill the stadium for a grand final? Man.

They weren’t given away in the inaugural season as myself and a few others were on the site trying to get tickets from the get go and missed out. Man.

Only thing weak is your clubs efforts. How the mighty have fallen.
That final last season must have broken you more than we thought.

Soooo why say we don’t fill the stadium for a grand final? Man.

They weren’t given away in the inaugural season as myself and a few others were on the site trying to get tickets from the get go and missed out. Man.

Only thing weak is your clubs efforts. How the mighty have fallen.
That final last season must have broken you more than we thought.

I said they wouldn't have filled the stadium this season against Melbourne City.

Read the Stensholdt book about the first 10 years of the A-League - it states categorically that thousands of freebies were give away to the first GF.

I said they wouldn't have filled the stadium this season against Melbourne City.

Read the Stensholdt book about the first 10 years of the A-League - it states categorically that thousands of freebies were give away to the first GF.

Garbage.

And unless they gave them away before the Grand Final released the tickets it’s bullshit.

Some of you Vucks are so broken. It’s amusing.

Let’s get the jerseys right for this one. Sydney home kit. City third kit (red and white stripes). Struggling to think of why that horrendous away strip should make an appearance in the final game of the season.

Not sure you can say no one cares about Sydney. Granted everyone who doesn't support them utterly despises them but they do care (in the sense they want to see them lose).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back