Game Day AFL R14 West Coast Eagles vs Richmond Tigers @ Metricon 5.10 pm AWST Thursday 27th of August 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Effort was good at the start, faded in the last, but I feel it was mostly a matter of the Tigers playing really well, being accurate, having things go their way, JK out early, Gov and Barrass having stinkers, maybe the 4 day break and adjusting to the hub again, being outcoached. Oh well, we were beaten by a better team, learn from it and move on.

Settle down boys. It's a fairly solid game off a 4-day break against another in-form team. The sky isn't falling. Certainly some things we can do better but that was far and away better than anything we did during our first stint in Queensland.

This is my thoughts also. I only saw the second half admittedly, but I couldn’t help but think to the first stint... An enormous deal better.

I am not overly perturbed to be honest.

Hung around didn't take some chances which would've tightened it up, lot of dead wood, Reid, Ah Chee, Brander spring to mind. Shuey and Kelly can't carry the whole load in the middle, need Yeo and Redden and Allen back to beat these blokes.

Bookends Barrass and Darling destroyed us. Very bad nights - the game plane may have defeated them but Barrass gave away 3 goals.
Our bottom 6 or so are not up to it. Good ins will be our key to success.
Gov, Barrass, Rotham - flying for marks together, Richmond got 4, maybe 5 goals from when they spilled it.

I think the intercept marks ended 18-4 or thereabouts, but Hurn got a cheap one late. That is basically the tale of the tape. We must get better at either marking it (maybe we had an off night, we are usually pretty good) or spoiling to a defensive area.

We are terrible at winning or defending front and centre possession off a pack, need to stop the ball going there at all costs.

Darling was fine, basically the only tall forward (no offence intended to Bailey or Brander, but they were rightfully out of their depth trying to play key forward tonight)

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers after game celebration is exactly what we don’t have, not part of our DNA. They set themselves to show us what it’s really all about and they executed. We again wilted under pressure which is quite common for us and part of our DNA.
We obviously have a fair way to go still, it’s not the players themselves it’s their mentality.

Settle down boys. It's a fairly solid game off a 4-day break against another in-form team. The sky isn't falling. Certainly some things we can do better but that was far and away better than anything we did during our first stint in Queensland.
Yeah that’s my issue. No problem with the way we played but the very predictable hand we got dealt was disgraceful against a top 4 rival and reigning premier. Even then it took them shooting the lights out and us being a man down to beat us by 4 goals. Pretty comfortable if all was even (or at least closer) and we played them again we’d reverse that scoreline. Just extremely annoyed because any advantage is always in their favour (nothing new there but doesnt make it any easier to swallow) and tonight was a huge game in the context of our season. Not season over yet.. but it’s put us on the back foot.

Eh this isn't the end of the world. Richmond were genuinely great, kicked some arsey goals and we played so many kids you'd think we're rebuilding. I reckon we could take them in a final.

Ryan was very good should persist with him at full forward, sir JK out the next one if not right
There should be plenty of moments they can create that each game. When they all move up the field, Ryan stays back as last man. Should be doing that anyway. Or my boy Petch Or cameron. I miss that sprint into the forward line when we had the setup high up the field with speedsters waiting out back.

Few too many passengers tonight.

Richmond stopped us pretty well tonight. Pressured us and I guess to our credit we held up pretty well but couldn't get the game on our terms. No intercept marks and no uncontested switching of play.

Midfield was good, backline below average and forward line besides Ryan was s**t. 3 goals from Darling and he did nothing all day.

Annoyed to lose, but not too concerned. If we play like that vs the rest of the hub sides and get some stars back in the process we'll finish 4th, no worries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back