NBA boycott games after Milwaukee Bucks boycott

Remove this Banner Ad

Death, taxes, and a MAGA supporter posting their favourite YT grifter. It would be a great bit if it wasn't so goddamn ******* lame. 'The Officer Tatum' lmfao.

Not ******* up people's businesses, livelihoods nor threatening regular people's safety through the protests actions.

Thank you Gus for supporting the players' right to strike today's games, in the most non threatening way possible.

Reminds me of the time you protested getting banned on big footy dot com by signing up with a new account, and then again for a second time. Just inspirational.

The most interesting thing now is will LeBum bully the league or the other teams who voted to keep going into doing what he says.

I think there is a strong possibility that the Playoffs will resume without LeBron and The Lakers, and Kawhi and The Clippers.

I personally applaud him for taking such a stance, but I think it may very well backfire with the Lakers
Fan base, esp if The Celtics go on to win the Chip.

Interestingly enough, The Bucks players seem happy to resume playing after a period of protest is over.

The issue is there is absolutely ZERO evidence that those SAME police officers on that same day would not have done the same to a white man with the same criminal history and resisting arrest in the same manner.
No. That is most definitely not the issue.

Username is quite apt.

I think there is a strong possibility that the Playoffs will resume without LeBron and The Lakers, and Kawhi and The Clippers.

I personally applaud him for taking such a stance, but I think it may very well backfire with the Lakers

Interestingly enough, The Bucks players seem happy to resume playing after a period of protest is over.

LeBron is doing more to make the NBA worth less going forward than anyone with his mouth and hypocrisy. He can afford to do that now however because he's made his money.

Finals ratings were down 20% on last season.

No doubt multiple factors at play but if indeed numbers keep dropping so to may the salary cap. Not sure the players who are young and still want to make as much money as they can for their families futures want him ******* it all up for them.

They are so woke they are asleep.

Do they ever think how the victims of these people they martyr feel about pushing the narrative we all should get behind these crims?

hahaha havent heard that before. i gotta use it. Can I use it?

Last edited:
Death, taxes, and a MAGA supporter posting their favourite YT grifter. It would be a great bit if it wasn't so goddamn ******* lame. 'The Officer Tatum' lmfao.
As usual a leftie who doesnt refute the content of something being said and just attacks the person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt multiple factors at play but if indeed numbers keep dropping so to may the salary cap. Not sure the players who are young and still want to make as much money as they can for their families futures want him ******* it all up for them.

Salary cap is tied to projected revenue. Players have long fought for a % share of revenue because revenue always trends up over time. Now actual revenue has nosedived and forecast revenue is likely to be much lower. Can't expect to have 50% of revenue then cry foul and demand 60% or 70% because of COVID and expect the owners to take the hit.

I support the players' right boycott games or the remainder of the season if that is their want. But actions have consequences. The NBA and team owners owe the players nothing if the actions of the players torpedoes the revenue of the teams and organisation.

Don't like being a cop? Don't be a cop

Don't like being in a Black man in America? Don't be a Bla.....wait just a second.

Don't disagree that there isn't an equivalency between the two. I think you misunderstand what I was saying.

Guns are not the cause of racism. Eliminating them from the equation would remove some of the sheer carnage in body count and the 'self-defence' fallback though. A lot harder to wriggle out of excessive force claims when guns are scarce, albeit it wouldn't stop some from trying.

Not excusing police brutality, racial profiling or institutional racism in any way. Less deaths as a result of these things would be welcome though.

Don't disagree that there isn't an equivalency between the two. I think you misunderstand what I was saying.

Guns are not the cause of racism. Eliminating them from the equation would remove some of the sheer carnage in body count and the 'self-defence' fallback though. A lot harder to wriggle out of excessive force claims when guns are scarce, albeit it wouldn't stop some from trying.

Not excusing police brutality, racial profiling or institutional racism in any way. Less deaths as a result of these things would be welcome though.

think post was more directed at the one you quoted...

agree with the general premise here, but when trump era policies have allowed for local police to have access to military gear the size of the gdp of micronesia, all your doing is empowering their trigger happy status. i would start with that problem first.

Never lose sight of the big issues :rolleyes:

Which, as has now been proven, is money. I thought it’d take until Monday to solve racism but it’ll be sorted by Friday which is impressive.

So remind me, seeing as the NBA is now resuming because of money, why don’t the people who help fund it deserve to get what they’re paying for? It’s ok for the players to grandstand for a day but then cave (predictably) because in the end it’s all about the dollar but it’s not ok for the average fan to complain when these millionaires decide to stop working because they’re not happy with the world? News flash, the world sucks and I still have to go to work.

Three things rule this planet. Money, followed closely by religion and sex. The NBA players once again overrate their importance and then they can’t even stick to their convictions because at the end of the day their pay is more important than the cause they’re supposedly behind.

It’s posturing. Nothing more and nothing less. I hope that is obvious to you now and anyone else who actually thought these players genuinely give a s**t if it means they actually have to sacrifice anything for it.

I will say that LeBron and a few others do a lot for their communities etc. but the majority just want their money and to go home. If they didn’t the playoffs would be canceled, not just postponed for two days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously, what do you want them to do?
Theyve knelt, theyve spoken, theyve protested, theyve united.

What more can they do besides say nah fu** you guys we aint performing for you any more.

What did the one day protest achieve? Either do it 100% or don’t do it, otherwise what message are your sending? So basically Jacob Blake’s justice was worth a 24 hour break to these players?

There needs to be police reform and education and a change at the highest level of government, and maybe a total NBA strike would make a very small difference but look how fast they backed down? That’s just another terrible example to the people they’re trying to get justice for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back