hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
Xerri and mahony both listed as test from their injuries. You surely give them a rest, xerri in particular when you have majak ready made replacement. Mahony is it worry we don't have anything to replace him. Anyone else scared wood might survive the cut still

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Out: Williams, Wood, Xerri, Ahern
Ins: Polec, Daw, Crocker, Hall
I don't mind Polec coming in because he's worth persisting with, and has tools to hurt the opposition.
But for me Hall is done, and not worth playing. I'd rather we play a kid instead.

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
I don't mind Polec coming in because he's worth persisting with, and has tools to hurt the opposition.
But for me Hall is done, and not worth playing. I'd rather we play a kid instead.
We have no more kids to come in that's the problem. Crocker was already scraping the barrel. Perez is still probs one scratch match off playing otherwise I would bring him in. The only other kid is mcguiness and he's way off and is a tall

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Be interesting if the Polec out non-believers maintain he's a very wanted player, and media, posters wrong etc if not selected this week.

Let's see. Hopefully he comes back and kills it.

If still ignored with Pittard etc well.......

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Be interesting if the Polec out non-believers maintain he's a very wanted player, and media, posters wrong etc if not selected this week.

Let's see. Hopefully he comes back and kills it.

If still ignored with Pittard etc well.......

I'd like to see Polec back.... he is def someone I'd like us to keep hoping the bridge isn't burnt and has been repaired. Not going to guess on the other ins as really not sure whether he is going to continue as or bring the experienced ones back. Can't see any injured outs for once other than Jmah? So does he bring back Polec hall Pitts daw or a couple of them who knows... but if no not sure it's looking too good contract wise also two are still contracted

Of the potential outs would have to be ahern and Williams.... and maybe wood

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Perez only this week if they are happier to have him play against a younger team

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
Coach Scamper,
17219.jpeg

Meows the following:

Jul 6, 2006
Hong Kong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Normally we would be well over 100 posts in this thread by now. We have gone from excited (first two wins of the year) to confused (next few loses) to rage (next batch of loses) now finally to apathy. The tankers are getting their way and a lot of interest has just fallen off. This is interesting because we actually have a chance of a win this week, which not many seem to give a fig about. Afl needs to change something. For the teams who are playing dead rubbers there needs to be some kind of incentive to win. I hate that so many on here advocate loses as being best for the club. They have a valid point, but it goes against every part of my being a NMFC supporter.

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
Normally we would be well over 100 posts in this thread by now. We have gone from excited (first two wins of the year) to confused (next few loses) to rage (next batch of loses) now finally to apathy. The tankers are getting their way and a lot of interest has just fallen off. This is interesting because we actually have a chance of a win this week, which not many seem to give a fig about. Afl needs to change something. For the teams who are playing dead rubbers there needs to be some kind of incentive to win. I hate that so many on here advocate loses as being best for the club. They have a valid point, but it goes against every part of my being a NMFC supporter.
I agree, to the point I was almost to apathetic to respond to...

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
6:10pm Sunday night, another sh*t time slot, although really care factor now is pretty low

It's actually alright considering we can't go mate.

We will lose this. GC haven't been too bad over the last 2 months apart from last week where they were poor in the second half. They have beaten Sydney easily, drawn against the Bombers with narrow losses to Bulldogs, Tigers, Saints and Dees. That form is good enough to beat us at the moment.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We will lose this. GC haven't been too bad over the last 2 months apart from last week where they were poor in the second half. They have beaten Sydney easily, drawn against the Bombers with narrow losses to Bulldogs, Tigers, Saints and Dees. That form is good enough to beat us at the moment.

If they had a bit of luck they would be in the top 8 & contending for finals.

They definitely pressure very hard, and I agree with you, I think they will win.

I am more interested in the match ups.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North Media takes a look at those in the mix for selection.

With Tristan Xerri suffering a shoulder injury against Collingwood, Majak Daw is a chance to replace him in the Roos’ forward line.

Captain Jack Ziebell has begun to train with the main group, but is still another week or two away.

Jared Polec, Jasper Pittard and Aaron Hall were left out against the Magpies, and are hoping for reselection.

Sam Durdin was omitted against the Lions after two consecutive games, and could be considered for a recall.

Joel Crocker and Flynn Perez have been building their match fitness in scratch matches, but are more likely to feature in the final weeks of the season, while Matt McGuinness is still a Category B rookie and will need to be upgraded.

Back