Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

all fair points Ferris

I think his footy brain is A grade and he is a genuine utility player because he has the size to compliment his brains and can play multiple roles as required - these types aren't common.

still as you say - he may be better off at another Club -it may also be difficult to be in a place which houses a bunch of campaigners who knifed his father.
Always go back to that game he played on Fyfe. Could take over Ed's tagging role.

I do worry for him though that either:
1. Just not durable enough, or
2. Has to push his body too close to his limits in getting to be AFL ready.

Last edited:
Always go back to that game he played on Fyfe. Could take over Ed's tagging role.

I do worry for him though that either:
1. Just not durable enough, or
2. Has to push his body too close to his limits in getting to be AFL ready.
I think he's a great tagging option for bigger bodied mids like Fyfe, Bont or Cripps. They can't just shrug him off as he's big himself. Similar to Steele or Hewitt, who always give Cripps trouble.

Pull ya head in young fella ....

c7d27a05e7effb56931ac695a91a03a6.jpg

Gerard Whately list the plot when he moved from ABC and started to get paid big dollars. Used to just give his opinion, now he makes his opinion up to get more attention.

Has lost any credibility he once had.

Gerard Whately list the plot when he moved from ABC and started to get paid big dollars. Used to just give his opinion, now he makes his opinion up to get more attention.

a former prime minister had a similar take on an abc journo who moved to sixty minutes:

To Richard Carleton: "You had an important place in Australian society on the ABC and you gave it up to be a pop star…with a big cheque…...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember being really excited at his 'crossover' to dedicated footy coverage/tv 'journalism'. If memory serves, he started well, effectively carrying on from his ABC Grandstand days, but it didn't take long for the decline to initiate.

a former prime minister had a similar take on an abc journo who moved to sixty minutes:

To Richard Carleton: "You had an important place in Australian society on the ABC and you gave it up to be a pop star…with a big cheque…...
That former PM is my all-time political hero.

I remember being really excited at his 'crossover' to dedicated footy coverage/tv 'journalism'. If memory serves, he started well, effectively carrying on from his ABC Grandstand days, but it didn't take long for the decline to initiate.

Whateley turned me off early on when he interviewed Kennett and when it came around to talking about women's football and in particular injury in women's football, Whateley tested Kennett alluding him to be sexist (whether he is or not does not matter)
Kennett turned the tables and embarrassed Whateley to the extent it made for some of the most awkward radio I'd heard.

I don't think Whateley has recovered since :)

Wish I could find a way to put it as eloquently as you guys.

He's a dead set fu**head

100%. Everything said about him in this thread is accurate. I never forget what he said about us past few years... It wasn't too long ago he was complaining about our rebuild. Saying it was a failure. It wasn't going anywhere. We recruited poorly. Suddenly he can see the light?!? Just like the majority of these so called footy "experts" they know sweet FA when it comes to anything footy. How they get their positions is beyond my comprehension.

Hutchy has messed with that station‘s purist footy soul. I miss Robbo, Dermi, Ox, and even KB (sniper).

Brereton is a pain to listen to, but when he spends time really looking at the game, he has very good insight.

Bartlett actually knew his stuff but played back-seat to all his guests, with most not having anywhere near the understanding of matters Bartlett had.

Schawrz was dopey but at least he was genuinely dopey and tried to fire up some interesting discussion.

Hutchy has messed with that station‘s purist footy soul. I miss Robbo, Dermi, Ox, and even KB (sniper).
I totally agree that station is almost unlistenable now. How on earth Dwayne Russell is worthy of a talk show is beyond me.
It's hard to understand how Hutchy has built a successful business when he has created such a mess with a prime asset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back