The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A million? Where did you source this?
This article says 458,000 changes since the last election, including residents who have moved address.

They are separate issues.
Trump has not promised he will vacate the WH post election, hence the extraordinary step by two US Generals. This issue is a very real one.
Not to harp on this, but this tweet says up to 1.5M in one county alone.

Not to harp on this, but this tweet says up to 1.5M in one county alone.

Did you read the article that Mofra posted? I don’t think you did, as you ignored it in your reply.

Extract:
The sides reached an agreement in January 2019, requiring the county to attempt to contact as many as 1.5 million people in the inactive voter file to determine their status, Judicial Watch said at the time.

Six months later, President Trump used the settlement to falsely claim California "admitted" there were "a million" illegal votes in the 2016 presidential election, in an effort to support his widely debunked claim of “serious voter fraud” in the state. The agreement says nothing about voter fraud or illegal voting.

Additionally, it says all parties agreed there was no admission of liability or wrongdoing by the state or county.

Notes:
They asked the state to contact 1.5 million people who haven’t recently voted, to see IF they still lived at the same address. These people hadn’t voted since 2008.... so none could have voted in 2016, which completely contradicts Trump. Completely contradicts Trump. I will write that again. Completely contradicts Trump. None of this has anything to do with Voter Fraud, except IF you are Trump. Trump being a massive LIAR.

I don't post much about the USA. I think we we have enough problems of our own and need to be putting our energies into those.

I also used to think "well, that's America, but we're a different country". However the history of the last 100 years or so - especially since WWII - has shown us that many of the social and political trends emerging in the USA find their way here and to other modern economies. And of course there are toxic elements common to both countries like the Murdoch media that are driving similar strategies here to those they deploy in the US.

So I'm linking the following as a cautionary tale rather than as just another piece of ghoulish voyeurism. The writer is an Australian and that's how he regards it too.

I like to think we have more safeguards built into our political system that would protect us from the excesses of a sociopath like Trump but I'm not really sure about that. We do have a Westminster style cabinet government and a house of review. However we have an inferior constitution and no effective charter of rights. We have already hollowed out the public service as a fount of policy advice leaving policy development to the revolving door of the political classes (politicians and their hand-picked "advisers"). If a charismatic leader took charge of the ALP or the LNP and won big at an election (including a senate majority) we might be just as exposed as the US was when Trump took office.

Anyway this piece is as much about the pandemic as it is about the state of things in the USA. I just felt it was better in this thread than the Covid19 one.

Whats happening in the US these last few weeks ? Not a lot other than the " accepted " level of corruption that is now the norm.

Bannon , former Trump campaign manager and big supporter indited for fraud. Collecting private donations for " Trumps Wall " but obviously needing the money for himself more than any wall project. Now becomes the 10th Trump associate now indited from his 2016 campaign.

Eric Trump wont appear in front of a NY court on Trump campaign inquiry , and will invoke the fifth if he is summoned.

Pompeo breaks all the rules and convention, talking partisan politics from outside the US.

RNC books convention centre as close as they could to a Trump hotel , which promptly put rates up by 60% for the duration.
Nice little windfall for the Trump family.

To think this bloke is still a chance to win again , let alone be able to run is astounding.
Now the pandemic is a train wreck and a whole other story !

Whats happening in the US these last few weeks ? Not a lot other than the " accepted " level of corruption that is now the norm.

Bannon , former Trump campaign manager and big supporter indited for fraud. Collecting private donations for " Trumps Wall " but obviously needing the money for himself more than any wall project. Now becomes the 10th Trump associate now indited from his 2016 campaign.

Eric Trump wont appear in front of a NY court on Trump campaign inquiry , and will invoke the fifth if he is summoned.

Pompeo breaks all the rules and convention, talking partisan politics from outside the US.

RNC books convention centre as close as they could to a Trump hotel , which promptly put rates up by 60% for the duration.

To think this bloke is still a chance to win again , let alone be able to run is astounding.

The Baker Act prohibits people in public positions campaigning for a political party. All the people that spoke at The Trump Party convention that have public jobs, have broken the Baker Act. This includes his kids, Pompeo, etc.
All should be fired.... but this is about the least of their crimes.

The Baker Act prohibits people in public positions campaigning for a political party. All the people that spoke at The Trump Party convention that have public jobs, have broken the Baker Act. This includes his kids, Pompeo, etc.
Hatch Act? Although the Baker Act may have some uses...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bookmark this, he will. His supporters vote in numbers.

A friend of mine works for one of the GOP senators up for re-election. He has told me he will be back in Oz this year. Numbers aren’t looking good and he is in a red state. I would suggest Trump will get less than 230 of the 270 he needs.

Bookmark this, he will. His supporters vote in numbers.

His supporters certainly will , but I have to believe most of America wil have well truly had a gut full of a corrupt buffoon they now have and will come out in droves to get rid of him.

Forgot to mention in my little rant the corruption that is now the post office.
Trumps own words , “ If everyone votes the Republicans can’t win “ so his hand picked man of course a large donor
will come in and make sure he disrupts any mail ballots as best he can.

Corruption is being normalised everyday by this crook and his mates

So right now half of his cabinet are large donors with no experience what so ever in the portfolio they lead.

Right leaning people just seem like zombies , blindly following , being led by a bloke that is so obviously character flawed and incompetent.
It’s staggering to me.

thought you might find this interesting

The last shooting in the US was probably justified.... it’s a terrible thing but the video is damning. After successfully resisting arrest (wins fight), he walks round his car, opens car door and reaches to get something out of the compartments. The cops are telling him to surrender that they didn’t want to shoot.... his girlfriend is yelling and screaming at him to surrender. He doesn’t listen.... he has outstanding warrants for domestic violence, violating parole and the police were called due to domestic violence by him towards his wife.
Police shoot him and then provide first aid.

Then the riots start.

On the third night, a 17yo boy drives from a neighbouring state, with his semi-automatic.... to provide protection to buildings and businesses. It’s illegal for him to open carry, as he is 17yo. He shoots 1 protester in the head after a chase.
Then he is running to the police, when he trips and the mob chasing him attacks him. He shoots died a guy kicking him and shoots a guy pulling out a concealed pistol (also illegal) in the arm.
Then even though multiple people tell the cops that the 17yo is the shooter, they don’t question or arrest him but drive to provide first aid to those that are shot.

Kid is arrested at his home the next day.

What are total crap of a situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back