Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you mean "as well"?

WC had a first-gamer, a second-gamer and a third-gamer.

Clearly Richmond are more advanced in the development of their supporting cast.

I disagree, although I don't think it will make a difference.

Also, Prestia and Edwards aren't actually your two best players, are they?
Prestia won the club B&F last year in a premiership year so yeah I'd say he's in our very best players category..

Prestia won the club B&F last year in a premiership year so yeah I'd say he's in our very best players category..
He's not your best player. Do you disagree?

Everyone knows the answer so I'm not sure why you're arguing.

Prestia is a fine player but let's not overstate his importance compared to Martin.

West Coast game plan fell apart under Richmond pressure

not sure they can beat them

5 day break with travel against a genuine premiership threat with a depleted side and losing Kennedy early, and it wasn't a blowout by any measure.

If we don't win the flag this year it won't be because of evidence from this game.

What do you mean "as well"?

WC had a first-gamer, a second-gamer and a third-gamer.

Clearly Richmond are more advanced in the development of their supporting cast.

I disagree, although I don't think it will make a difference.

Also, Prestia and Edwards aren't actually your two best players, are they?

Reminds me of our game V Tigers. 3 KPP with three games between them one of them debuting and playing on JR

Reminds me of our game V Tigers. 3 KPP with three games between them one of them debuting and playing on JR

Waiting for Prestia, Houli, Edwards, Astbury and few others to be rolled out in 3.... 2.... 1... 🤣🤣🤣

But you don't actually claim they are your two best players, do you?
Martin's the best player ability wise and overall in the side, doesn't mean he is the best individual performed every season for us, or in every break down of form or game, so it depends if you take the overall vs season form into account.

Prestia was certainly better than Martin for the 2019 season, but obviously their entire body of work has Martin the better player.

I would say Prestia is easily our best midfielder, given Dusty plays a significant time in that half forward role.

Martin's the best player ability wise and overall in the side, doesn't mean he is the best individual performed every season for us, or in every break down of form or game, so it depends if you take the overall vs season form into account.
He's your best player. I think that's pretty clear.

Overemphasising last year's B&F results gestures towards a point that nobody really believes.

He's your best player. I think that's pretty clear.
Sure, agree overall.
I still think there's a lot to be gained with the return of the 2019 best and fairest and another previous AA being one of the best mids coming back to the side, on top of Astbury who becomes even more important as the experienced head with Grimes potentially missing a month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, agree overall.
I still think there's a lot to be gained with the return of the 2019 best and fairest and another previous AA being one of the best mids coming back to the side, on top of Astbury who becomes even more important as the experienced head with Grimes potentially missing a month.

Just out of interest re Prestia ( and i do agree he is a very important player ) re his injury - where is he at - has he been playing in those scratch match 14- 16 a side things - when is he likely to be back playing in the seniors

Sure, agree overall.
No doubt about that, little scary actually because it means Martin will be able to spend even more time up forward where he is very dangerous around goals. Does Prestia walk straight back into a final if the time line works out that way? So hard this year with no VFL but at the same time the shorter qts do provide less concern about players running out the game.

Against Richmond, WC had Williams, O'Neill, Reid, Brander and Rotham all with 10 games or less.

From last night's game 40% of Richmonds team played less than 50 games.

Jake Graham - 48 Games
Shai Bolton - 41 Games
Liam Baker - 35 Games
Ivan Soldo - 34 Games
Noah Balta - 23 Games
Oleg Markov - 21 Games
Marlion Pickett - 13 Games
Jake Aarts - 10 Games
Thomas Dow - 1 Game

Trust me If tigers play with same intensity, they will also sweep your mob. Eagles remain the only team capable of beating tigers.

Port beat Richmond.
St Kilda beat Richmond
GWS beat Richmond
Collingwood drew to Richmond.

Even Hawthorn beat them.

They're not infallible, and certainly you're deluded if you think West Coast "remain the only team capable" of beating them.

Trust me If tigers play with same intensity, they will also sweep your mob. Eagles remain the only team capable of beating tigers.

Not the only team. We’ve gone alright against the tigers in recent meetings, had them at HT in the PF before they got on top, belted them by 70pts in our H&A game at the G last year, and before that I think Ablett had a chance to kick the winning goal which went on the full in 2018. We stack up against them, but what tends to happen is when their pressure goes up, our system falls away and that’s where they get us, and where they got you guys last night.

We’ll see how we go against them in over a weeks time, should be a good game.

No doubt about that, little scary actually because it means Martin will be able to spend even more time up forward where he is very dangerous around goals. Does Prestia walk straight back into a final if the time line works out that way? So hard this year with no VFL but at the same time the shorter qts do provide less concern about players running out the game.
That's the big question with him, Grimes and Astbury.
I think you take the risk with one or two but maybe not all. Then 2-3 unlucky guys fall out of the side.
I believe that Prestia is tracking to hopefully play maybe one home and away game before the season's end. You bring him in regardless because he probably offers more than the fringe player in place of him even if a little rusty.
Grimes is probably the biggest risk as his first game back from a hammy (prognosis not confirmed) could be a final.
I think with the emergence of Balta, we can actually cover and would be better suited to leave Astbury out. Sucks for him, but the timeline doesn't work in his favour.

Just out of interest re Prestia ( and i do agree he is a very important player ) re his injury - where is he at - has he been playing in those scratch match 14- 16 a side things - when is he likely to be back playing in the seniors
Had a setback as he was originally on the same timeline as Nank who played yesterday, might sneak in 1 home and away game but hasn't been playing. The bye we have, and any potential pre-finals byes work greatly in his favour because it potentially gains him 2 additional weeks of recovery time/full training.

Back