Resource The NMFC History thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They belong in here:

Last edited:

They belong in here:

Proud to have known all three in some small way. The absolute essence of what a true shinboner is all about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only time I recall ever seeing North Melbourne beat Collingwood at Vic Park was in that memorable 1993 game. One of the most satisfying home and away games I ever enjoyed and I have followed North since 1971. Up there with the Malcolm Blight game v Carlton at Princes Park in 1976.

The only time I recall ever seeing North Melbourne beat Collingwood at Vic Park was in that memorable 1993 game. One of the most satisfying home and away games I ever enjoyed and I have followed North since 1971. Up there with the Malcolm Blight game v Carlton at Princes Park in 1976.

Can you imagine what poor old Adrian McAdam had to put up with during that game ?

" this year does not exist, this year does not exist......rpt. endlessly Hojuman....."

When my father became seriously ill , I arranged for Pagan, steven's and Carey to visit him in Palliative care. as a thankyou I bought each a nice bottle of wine. The one I gave to Carey was a 1998 year vintage , Carey looked at the label (after saying thanks) - "a s**t year"

I love this pic of Sholly as it brings back my earliest memories of coming up against Manangatang in my first ever game of Under 16,'s in the Northern Mallee Football League.

I started on the wing for my local club, found myself about to get properly near it about 3 minutes in. I was planted somewhere around CHB, reasonably loose with nobody within 5 MTRS, just ripe to launch a 15 MTR bomb into our gun CHF.

alas, just like a beautifully weighted Nth Melb backline exit, the kick went over my head and all I remember was this kid smashing me in the back of the scone with a perfect ride.

Yep one Craig Sholl.

It's the closest I ever got to fame on a football oval, hahaha.

Last edited:
Yes the one that got away. But we played some good games during the season especisally Round 22.
Yep still my favourite home and away game. Freezing cold, I didn't really know anybody in Melbourne at the time after just moving down from Mildura and rooming with a heap of ******* Carlton supporters. Went out at half time for the furry and got chatting with a Collingwood bloke also flying solo. When I quizzed him on his interest, his answer was emphatic. "Wayne Carey" , he said. "I can't stand the bloke, but man I'd kill to have him in our stripes."

Summed up the time to be a Roo man perfectly and just an hour or so later I thought " yep, the cup's ours again".

😞

Remove this Banner Ad

Back