Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Tim is getting stronger in each fight. He was still carrying puppy fat 3 or 4 fights ago, all muscle now.

His work on the inside was impressive. I felt some of those body shots, or it might have been the spices in my dinner flaring up.

Shame that Horn couldn't get himself fitter for this one. He was never willing to force the fight onto his terms, plainly because he didn't have the aerobic capacity to do so.

He can retire proud.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
back here in Perth it was a wonderful night at the local pub with about 250 punters packed in and blind drunk by 7.30 local time as everyone wondered wtf it took so long to get the fight started.

Once it bell sounded it was quite obvious early on that the majority of the room was heavily backing Timmy T (including myself with a hefty bet) and as we all witnessed after round 2 it was just a matter of time before Horn either got punched into the the next galaxy or gave up.

Enjoyable night and i look forward to winning many more coin cheering on the son of the legend.

He’s got the killer eyes of his old man and never took a backward step.

impressive performance

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
MMA fans still cannot come to grips with this.

2C91B423-E533-4A15-915C-B0AFB1AFD268.jpeg

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hopefully fights the Brazilian world champ next

Yeah they were saying last night that would be Teixeira's mandatory, but then I thought i read somewhere he had a fight already booked against an Argentinian.

Don't know much about Teixeira but he'd seem to be another big step up for Tszyu. I don't really have a problem with that but boxing seems to be more risk averse (unlike MMA) so you'd think he might have a few tune up type fights in the US before he did that.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
MMA fans still cannot come to grips with this.

View attachment 946597

I'm sure a lot like me are fans of both boxing and MMA, but you'd reckon most realise that Floyd let him gas himself and carried him through that fight. I don't think he let Conor land that uppercut on him, still think that was a remarkable effort by Conor to do that but Floyd was pretty old and to me showed signs of rust in the fight.

I look back on it and still shake my head at the remarkable circumstance that made that fight possible. I don't know if we'll ever see the likes of that spectacle again. I think the fight was bigger than fight fans realise, it's hard for us to know because we're so close to it. I had friends who not only don't watch boxing/MMA but actively dislike it asking if they could come around for it, it was must see viewing for the mainstream apparently.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tim and his handlers should have called out Kell Brook IMO. Easy fight (he's finished I think), decent money, welcome to the UK audience, main event. Brook probably doesn't accept it but should always have a name ready in the post-fight. Make people talk about it. If they get that fight, it's easy money, if he doesn't you claim he's ducking you. win/win

Assuming the Argentinian being discussed is Castano? Don't like this division tbh, hopefully he goes up as he fills out, some great fights potentially there

Sounds like Horn is done too. Good decision but if you come back, leave Rushton

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
I don't know if we'll ever see the likes of that spectacle again. I think the fight was bigger than fight fans realise, it's hard for us to know because we're so close to it. I had friends who not only don't watch boxing/MMA but actively dislike it asking if they could come around for it, it was must see viewing for the mainstream apparently.
It’s a shame you missed Mike Tyson fights in his heyday.

The entire planet was stopping to see that even if it was only for a few minutes. This before internet, cellphones & social media.

I remember as a teenager going past pubs & social clubs seeing they had blackboards out the front saying ‘TYSON FIGHT HERE‘.

it was huge and his opponent never even got a mention.

Floyd/Connor was big and well promoted but nothing compared to seeing Tyson fight.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Tim and his handlers should have called out Kell Brook IMO. Easy fight (he's finished I think), decent money, welcome to the UK audience, main event. Brook probably doesn't accept it but should always have a name ready in the post-fight. Make people talk about it. If they get that fight, it's easy money, if he doesn't you claim he's ducking you. win/win

Assuming the Argentinian being discussed is Castano? Don't like this division tbh, hopefully he goes up as he fills out, some great fights potentially there

Sounds like Horn is done too. Good decision but if you come back, leave Rushton

Zerafa was right about Rushton. As much as I was rooting for Horn that fight too which he obviously won, I think the ref cost Zerafa the win in that 9th round. Shouldn't have stepped in and Horn would have got stopped.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
So Tszyus camp has applied for Texiera to have a voluntary defence against Tim (has a mandatory against Castano). Top Rank, who look after Texiera interested in having the fight in Australia with Perth, Brisbane & Sydney interested in hosting.

All parties said to want this before the years out.

Interesting. I think with a win Tim should sign with a real promoter like TR but once you're the champ there's merit in staying more of a free agent too.

Moloney gets his career ruined by Inuoe. I like the Moloney's but they'd both lose to Monster one after the other within 10 rounds

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Nice. Agreed Burge I believe Teofimo might win. Gut feel perhaps, I don't know. I know's good. Loma will obviously come out with a few different game plans though and he always evolve's. Classic chess player Loma is.

I think Garcia will stop Cambell. Put up a good fight against Loma a year or so ago but Garcia will rip him with his left hook and lightening speed imo.

A couple of crackers coming up. Looking forward to it.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nice. Agreed Burge I believe Teofimo might win. Gut feel perhaps, I don't know. I know's good. Loma will obviously come out with a few different game plans though and he always evolve's. Classic chess player Loma is.

I think Garcia will stop Cambell. Put up a good fight against Loma a year or so ago but Garcia will rip him with his left hook and lightening speed imo.

A couple of crackers coming up. Looking forward to it.
Lopez will have the size and power. Loma has the abundance of Loma qualities but he does get hit, being hit by Lopez can ruin your night. Belter of a fight regardless

Tend to agree re Garcia too. Good step up for him but think he gets it done

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Bob Arum has declared they're now certain that Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder will take place on Dec 19th at the new Allegiant Stadium in Vegas. He said they are "moving ahead" with plans that would see 10,000-15,000 fans at the 65,000 capacity venue.

8B8E0C09-FFD9-48C1-B06F-9B990AEAB0A1.jpeg

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bob Arum has declared they're now certain that Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder will take place on Dec 19th at the new Allegiant Stadium in Vegas. He said they are "moving ahead" with plans that would see 10,000-15,000 fans at the 65,000 capacity venue.

View attachment 958961
Surely by then society has seen sense and we can have bigger crowds than that ffs. Be nearly 12 months of bullshit by then

Fury wins easily again. I dont see what adjustments Wilder can make to change things. Fury just has him covered

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
shout out to zerafa. Said it before and will say it again. Absolutely love this guy. Can't wait to see him fight again.

Tim looking to fight again before Christmas in Sydney for some reason wont be for the world title

Names linked to from most likely to least likely opponent seem to be

Dennis hogan who at one point was a team mate of horn 28-3

Michael zeraffa

And lastly Daniel Lewis who apparently beat Tim in an amateur fight

Back