Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Jezza Cameron shaping up as another?

IMG_0343.GIF

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Well, 2020 seems not to have been a good year for anyone related to the Giants - neither our current players nor ex-players seem to have covered themselves in glory. Patton, Smith, Scully, McCarthy, Tomlinson, Marchbank, Ahern, Bonar, Plowman, WHE, Treloar all quite poor or injury prone. (OK, that's cherry-picking; Shiel & Steele have been good.)

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Cam McCarthy today:

However, McCarthy revealed to The West Australian that he would love to join the Magpies if possible.

Since being drafted in 2013 by GWS, McCarthy played 70 AFL games and move to the Dockers at the end of 2015 due to homesickness.

“I’ve always said that from day one, I was, like Collingwood,” he said.

When the whole Cam McCarthy “homesickness” ruse was peddled many people were highly sceptical. From memory they claimed it was deep depression and “displacement” (also known as softcockitis) and these subsequent events have only proven this.

Some of these Gen Y and Gen Z youngsters are very entitled.

Anyways we’ve moved on and have better players but it’s good we can see what really happened. Clearly not a full quid.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Cam McCarthy today:

However, McCarthy revealed to The West Australian that he would love to join the Magpies if possible.

Since being drafted in 2013 by GWS, McCarthy played 70 AFL games and move to the Dockers at the end of 2015 due to homesickness.

“I’ve always said that from day one, I was, like Collingwood,” he said.

When the whole Cam McCarthy “homesickness” ruse was peddled many people were highly sceptical. From memory they claimed it was deep depression and “displacement” (also known as softcockitis) and these subsequent events have only proven this.

Some of these Gen Y and Gen Z youngsters are very entitled.

Anyways we’ve moved on and have better players but it’s good we can see what really happened. Clearly not a full quid.

Maybe we put too much blame on his managers * ups and the kid just was entitled.

It worked out in the end for us compared to him.

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Well, 2020 seems not to have been a good year for anyone related to the Giants - neither our current players nor ex-players seem to have covered themselves in glory. Patton, Smith, Scully, McCarthy, Tomlinson, Marchbank, Ahern, Bonar, Plowman, WHE, Treloar all quite poor or injury prone. (OK, that's cherry-picking; Shiel & Steele have been good.)
I thought Bonar looked really good for us on a half back flank before he did his AC joint. Ahern has been disappointing after a promising start.

I have no idea why Melbourne don't play Tomlinson as a Rance style defender. I reckon he was easily a better key back at the Giants than he was on the wing (only really went there full time after Scully left and ostensibly on the basis of his big motor). He's a miles better option back there than Oscar McDonald.

Soooo homesick for Western Australia that he was willing to sit out a year - now he wants to go to Victoria?
Brings back memories of the great Mitch Clark!

May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Whilst we haven't exactly picked up diamonds from GWS, Plowman has been a very consistent defender for us. I think he is quite underrated.

Whilst we haven't exactly picked up diamonds from GWS, Plowman has been a very consistent defender for us. I think he is quite underrated.
agree.
Kennedy and Setterfield have been serviceable.

Tomlinson finished a long way down in the Melbourne B&F after Goodwin tried to play him as a winger most of the year.

He finally saw the light and moved him to key defence where he's a mile better suited.
I always liked the idea of Tomlinson being a Nick Riewoldt style centre half forward and just running the pants of a defender

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I saw also that his wife needs medical treatment and has had to fly back and forth to WA. So that will take a load off his mind. I don't begrudge him heading home. It would have been nice to keep him, and better if he could have regained his 2018 form, but overall a good mature age pickup from the draft team.

Back