Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been keen on him since last year
Getting him over the likes of Papley, Kelly, etc, is smart list management, especially given the cost and the number of roles he can play
Still feel there is more to come

I know. You won him over to me.

It's one of those pieces you can drop in from a height and it will still fit straight in.

Odd decision from Dow if that rumour is true. Either very short sighted or not enough confidence in himself.

Been given plenty of games in his first 2 years, and been injured most of this year.

Murphy and Ed need replacing soon. If Dow is the midfielder we drafted him to be, he should be primed to take over a midfield spot next year or so.
I get it from his perspective. He is seeing Honey, Philp, Cottrell get games (I get the injury played a role) and before that LOB, Gibbo and clearly Walsh excelled. Dow is yet to get a significant run at it and might feel marginalised. His draft cohort are also succe

He seems to have done exactly as Russell and the coaches have asked of him. I would be saddened to lose him but, understand that he might seek a broader role elsewhere in a fresh environment. He might not see Ed and Murph going anywhere soon enough for him.

Say it ain’t so, Paddy, I’d hate to see you go. On the other hand, I get it. We will lose one or two along the way.

I get it from his perspective. He is seeing Honey, Philp, Cottrell get games (I get the injury played a role) and before that LOB, Gibbo and clearly Walsh excelled. Dow is yet to get a significant run at it and might feel marginalised. His draft cohort are also succe

He seems to have done exactly as Russell and the coaches have asked of him. I would be saddened to lose him but, understand that he might seek a broader role elsewhere in a fresh environment. He might not see Ed and Murph going anywhere soon enough for him.

Say it ain’t so, Paddy, I’d hate to see you go. On the other hand, I get it. We will lose one or two along the way.

Hardly. 20 games in 2018, followed by 19 in 2019. Then injured for most of this year. He's maybe, missed 2 games that he felt he could have played in the last couple of weeks. And he'd be kept welll-informed of the club's/AR's requirements and intentions with him.

The "more opportunity" thing sounds like a lot of supposition to me.

Hardly. 20 games in 2018, followed by 19 in 2019. Then injured for most of this year. He's maybe, missed 2 games that he felt he could have played in the last couple of weeks. And he'd be kept welll-informed of the club's/AR's requirements and intentions with him.

The "more opportunity" thing sounds like a lot of supposition to me.
Of course it’s supposition. What else do we do around here? I’m not an itk, just watch and comment. He would certainly be informed, that doesn’t mean he likes the information. Wait...that’s supposition.

Of course it’s supposition. What else do we do around here? I’m not an itk, just watch and comment. He would certainly be informed, that doesn’t mean he likes the information. Wait...that’s supposition.
Relax man. You said Dow is yet to get a decent run at it. Playing almost all games in the previous 2 seasons and missing games this year through injury doesn't constitute "yet to get a decent run at it", in fact, it's the complete opposite.

My comment about supposition is directed at the rumour. It sounds like something a non-Carlton supporter would "suppose" because they don't follow players as closely as we do, and therefore don't factor in the reasons for his absence. Hence supposition.

Relax man. You said Dow is yet to get a decent run at it. Playing almost all games in the previous 2 seasons and missing games this year through injury doesn't constitute "yet to get a decent run at it", in fact, it's the complete opposite.

My comment about supposition is directed at the rumour. It sounds like something a non-Carlton supporter would "suppose" because they don't follow players as closely as we do, and therefore don't factor in the reasons for his absence. Hence supposition.
No problem. The decent run at it refers to this year when he is knocking the door down according to folks on here. It does sound like someone fishing for conversation or rumour mongering. Wait, I think I got hooked...🎣

No problem. The decent run at it refers to this year when he is knocking the door down according to folks on here. It does sound like someone fishing for conversation or rumour mongering. Wait, I think I got hooked...🎣
Yeah but he literally only came back from injury three weeks ago, since then he's been knocking down the door but it's only been a few weeks and we've been winning.

The bloke is totally unhinged. I joined his group for shits and giggles, and thought he would boot me from my first comment. Alas he didn't.
He carries on like he's some sort of Carlton guru.
Wait!!!! You're still in there?! I'm actually jealous. He has a rivalry with another carlton page. I cant remember the blokes name, but they do not get along.

Re: the source of the latest Zac Williams rumour. It's implied he has good connections given his position right? How's the accuracy of his previous rumours been?

At the end of the day, someone the OP knows may have indeed heard that Paddy Dow is seeking, or plans to seek a trade. And while there can be various reasons for this, I doubt that "greater opportunity" is one of them, when you take the entirety of his career (including this year) into consideration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: the source of the latest Zac Williams rumour. It's implied he has good connections given his position right? How's the accuracy of his previous rumours been?
Wasn't wrong in who we chased. In the end, we didn't land them, but he was on the money.

re: Dow seeking a trade.
I reckon mid way through every season there'd be a dozen player managers taking 'I want to explore a trade' calls from dozens and dozens of footballers. Some will go. Many, many more will stay.

He may have fallen 'out of love' with the Blues..
He may have received a 'mother offer' to play with his bro..
He may be testing the waters..
Or it may be blown out of proportion..
It maybe just plain old bullshit..

If it's correct that he has 2 years on his contract, like Papley and Sydney.. we hold the cards.

re: Dow seeking a trade.
I reckon mid way through every season there'd be a dozen player managers taking 'I want to explore a trade' calls from dozens and dozens of footballers. Some will go. Many, many more will stay.

He may have fallen 'out of love' with the Blues..
He may have received a 'mother offer' to play with his bro..
He may be testing the waters..
Or it may be blown out of proportion..
It maybe just plain old bullshit..

If it's correct that he has 2 years on his contract, like Papley and Sydney.. we hold the cards.
Players just don’t leave carlton. We are too big a club. Where is he going to go north ? 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back