Fox Footy 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn't find a thread on First Crack and then thought about starting one but decided to just add a comment here instead seeing as it's a Fox show.

I can't stand The Bounce, the same as all but the earliest years of The Footy Show when I feel like watching a footy talk show I don't want to watch some cringe worthy attempt at comedy. I want to watch a bunch of knowledgeable people sitting around talking about the last round and big bonus points if its about my team.

That's why I've enjoyed The Couch, AFL 360 and Footy Classified at different times in recent years and I have to say I'm enjoying First Crack atm, Tom Morris, David King and Leigh Montagna seem to have the balance about right. I enjoyed their trade show last year and although I've only watched First Crack occasionally I find myself tuning in to it more than most of the AFL shows on Fox/Kayo.

That's why I've enjoyed The Couch, AFL 360 and Footy Classified at different times in recent years and I have to say I'm enjoying First Crack atm, Tom Morris, David King and Leigh Montagna seem to have the balance about right. I enjoyed their trade show last year and although I've only watched First Crack occasionally I find myself tuning in to it more than most of the AFL shows on Fox/Kayo.

First Crack is a good way to end the round.

Still no mini games for AFL even though they now do them for NRL and NBA besides soccer which has always had it. Lazy bastards

Spot on. I love the mini NRL packages that allow me to catch up as time doesn't permit watching every AFL and NRL game.
The Optus app I had in Australia was great as they had 3 minutes, 25 minutes and the full replay plus 45 or so minutes for big games.

There's a lot I dont like about Fox Footy's coverage, but I think their pressure gauge stat has been a really useful addition to their coverage this year.

Was missing it during last night's Bulldogs/Cats game. Certainly adds more to the coverage than the 'Telstra Tracker'.

There's a lot I dont like about Fox Footy's coverage, but I think their pressure gauge stat has been a really useful addition to their coverage this year.

Was missing it during last night's Bulldogs/Cats game. Certainly adds more to the coverage than the 'Telstra Tracker'.
I like it but I've never heard a methodology of how they work it out. I'd love to know how one team is a 204 while the other is 178. Have they explained how they come up with the figure anywhere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Niall when he joined Fox Sports?
At least he had a bit more content than some gambling advertising to work with. Poor old Daisy looks like someone being forced to do a Billy Brownless impression at gunpoint

I like it but I've never heard a methodology of how they work it out. I'd love to know how one team is a 204 while the other is 178. Have they explained how they come up with the figure anywhere?
It's actually a champion data metric, there's 6 types of pressure which CD assigns value to, more info here

edit: Something to note, when Fox shows the pressure gague in game, it's for a period of time, like the last 5 to 10 minutes. So it's possible for a team to be elite for 5min, but most teams are average over the course of a game.

Kelli Underwood commentating the Richmond v Fremantle game tonight. I thought she was shocking on Ten but I don't mind her hosting duties on the pre-game. Be interesting to see if she is any better than all those years ago when Ten tried to be different and threw her in at the deep end.

How is a show like "Bounce" the lead out of Sunday footy coverage? It honestly doesn't strike me as a terrible concept — a loose, late-night comedy show somewhat revolving around AFL. But doing it right after the final game of the day ends strikes me as inappropriate, especially since the dumb "jokes" usually come at the expense of watching the winning team's song live.

I like Fox Footy overall and think their game coverage is miles better than 7's, but "Bounce" needs to be moved to a different time.

How is a show like "Bounce" the lead out of Sunday footy coverage? It honestly doesn't strike me as a terrible concept — a loose, late-night comedy show somewhat revolving around AFL. But doing it right after the final game of the day ends strikes me as inappropriate, especially since the dumb "jokes" usually come at the expense of watching the winning team's song live.

I like Fox Footy overall and think their game coverage is miles better than 7's, but "Bounce" needs to be moved to a different time.
Couldn't agree more. I pretty much have the TV locked on to Fox Footy all weekend, but turn it over when Bounce comes on. It's just not the right spot for it. Just do a Sunday Stretch as a lead in to First Crack.

Last edited:
Gerard Healy should never be allowed to commentate Eagles games ever again.

Never talks about what their opposition are doing well just what the Eagles are doing wrong and what they will need to do to win.

Week in week out its the same s**t.

He sounds grumpy as well because he doesn't have NicNat to pull himself off to tonight.

Him and Russell in the box is horrendous.

Never talks about what their opposition are doing well just what the Eagles are doing wrong and what they will need to do to win.

Week in week out its the same sh*t.

He sounds grumpy as well because he doesn't have NicNat to pull himself off to tonight.

His tone of voice grates upon my ears something chronic.....Oedipus Rex.

Week in week out its the same sh*t.

Healy has long over compensated for West Coast and Fremantle because he knows the rest of the Victorian-centric footy media - including Fox Footy's own commentators - don't know or care.

His job is special comments not cheerleader.

How's it different to Brayshaw doing North games? Or Lyon doing Melbourne games? Or Dunstall doing Hawthorn games? Darcy doing Bulldogs games?

Or on radio, Brownless doing Geelong games, Maclure doing Blues games or Cornes doing Port games?

Seems odd that you want to criticise an imagined cheerleader while ignoring actual cheerleaders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back