Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Like I said earlier I quoted a poster on Thursday who said 'Hawks supporters overhyped Day' but ironically his mention of Day with the first in the entire thread.

The question I want answered is:

Do Bigfooty posters overhype the idea that 'Hawks supporters overhype Day'?

But I’m not getting the hype
Yes he’s going ok, but I don’t think the hype fits the output just yet
translation: I don’t understand why people are so exited about Day. The excitement is not justified at this point in time.

Hence you criticised people for being excited about Day and dismissed it as unjustified. Do you quote anyone? No. Did you make any reference to anything anyone actually said? No. So all you did was criticised people’s feelings towards day because you didn’t understand them and don’t share them.

Ok
I’ll get my head bitten off here
This sort of thing is what we call a self fulfilling prophecy.
You started by setting the stage for a negative response

But I’m not getting the hype
This is a comment about your view of others excitement. Straight up you don't get why posters are excited about Day.
This is you saying you think others are getting too excited based on your view
It reads as more negative than it has to especially because of what you started your post with

Yes he’s going ok, but I don’t think the hype fits the output just yet
He has potential in spades, but there is a lot of work to come
Again this is you saying that in your view others are getting to excited about his output and dismissing the fact that they could be excited about his potential which you agree he has

You came in looking for a negative reaction from posters almost like you wanted to play the victim, the lone voice of reason, that sort of thing.

Just the sort of petulant response I thought I’d get
Well it was a pretty negative post. Not in anyway constructive just sh*tting on your *fellow* supporters for being excited by a young prospect, to achieve nothing but feel superior.

The hype for Ryan Burton was far greater, he had 103 disposals in his first 7 games (Day 101). Burton had 30 marks (Day 35), game for game their careers have been similar, but Burton was seen as God like.

The hype for Ryan Burton was far greater, he had 103 disposals in his first 7 games (Day 101). Burton had 30 marks (Day 35), game for game their careers have been similar, but Burton was seen as God like.
Yeah the Burton hype was insane. He never won his own footy like Day can and AFAICR didn't stick many tackles either

I think Day is a great prospect who shows excellent decision making. I appreciate this is going to make people think of Pendlebury but he is more athletic than that player. Possibly not a freak athlete like Fyfe although he has the frame to fill out further. I think he has a young body that should develop. Does that mean he will be an inside player? Not sure about that but possibly he will rotate through there in a similar way to how we occasionally run smith through the centre. What is clear is we have a young player who has out performed more senior players and that is something worth celebrating and getting excited about.

I think they upped his minutes on the ground against bombers. Almost cracked into the 90% when he usually sits around the 80% mark.
It’s his first year in the system and has blown (my) expectations out of the water so far. Can’t wait to see how he goes next year after ample senior opportunity and another pre season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they upped his minutes on the ground against bombers. Almost cracked into the 90% when he usually sits around the 80% mark.
It’s his first year in the system and has blown (my) expectations out of the water so far. Can’t wait to see how he goes next year after ample senior opportunity and another pre season.
Might have been partly related to Patton going down. But certainly was preferred over others to make up the minutes.

Why were my posts deleted, and not yours, or Brishawks' or Abasi's, or Grumbleguts, or Rogiebear's? Or anyone that had a go at Glacier?

Amazing.
You can't see the posts of mine or brishawks or grumbles that I deleted but there are plenty.

I've not removed the entire discussion but most of the last page was just rubbish.

You see a post you have issue with report it
You want to continue thihs discussion feel free to PM me

Another week he wont get the nomination, next week is his for the taking.
If he doesn't get one who really gives a s**t. I'm surprised at the running commentary on this one.

If he doesn't improve at all from what he is doing right now he will still play 150 games.

I'm pretty chuffed he is a hawk.

If he doesn't get one who really gives a sh*t. I'm surprised at the running commentary on this one.

If he doesn't improve at all from what he is doing right now he will still play 150 games.

I'm pretty chuffed he is a hawk.
It's all about recognition and personal achievement for Day and for fans they can hang their hats on to the hope we might have uncovered a future star

It's all about recognition and personal achievement for Day and for fans they can hang their hats on to the hope we might have uncovered a future star
I only agree with the bolded part.

The rest doesn't faze me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back