Preview Rnd 14 - Carlton v Collingwood Sunday 30th August 3.35PM @ Gabba

Rustica

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Bull Racing F1
I must admit, I am having negative thoughts and feelings about this game as well. I really hope we have turned the corner. Years of close loses and losing games, we should win have a major factor in all these negative thoughts and feelings most of us have.

I hate going into each and every game nervous as hell because I still don’t know which Carlton team we will get.

JoeyPBLUES

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I must admit, I am having negative thoughts and feelings about this game as well. I really hope we have turned the corner. Years of close loses and losing games, we should win have a major factor in all these negative thoughts and feelings most of us have.

I hate going into each and every game nervous as hell because I still don’t know which Carlton team we will get.

Yep. I’m the same. We turn up we can beat them. We don’t turn up we don’t beat them.

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Arrow is right. Don’t play chaos footy. Don’t over press. Don’t press too hard. Play plenty of temp footy.
I think their back line is a bunch of panic merchants. Moore, Roughead, Magden.
Our forwards need to work hard to expose that. And we win.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Arrow is right. Don’t play chaos footy. Don’t over press. Don’t press too hard. Play plenty of temp footy.
I think their back line is a bunch of panic merchants. Moore, Roughead, Magden.
Our forwards need to work hard to expose that. And we win.

Just put pressure on Noble and Maynard, drag Moore to the square

Tjblues

Team Captain
Feb 11, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
Ever heard of a drawn grand final lol
If I’m not mistaken, the Grand Final replay was abolished in 2016 in favour of extra time. So in fact you do have to win 3 games in a row to be a premier.

Enough on this. For this year I don’t believe our ability to win 3 in a row is of tremendous concern. If we want to make finals it may be though

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep. Grundy seriously cracked the s***s.
Was grabbing Pitto by the jumper and throwing him to the ground, even tried to hit Walsh from behind waaaaay off the ball but when Grundy past him with his arm braced (elbow a bit up too), Walsh heard him coming and side-stepped out of the way at the last minute.
Willos return that day too.

Had about 10 touches in the first qtr. Was everywhere

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Hope we have this game wrapped at 3 quarter time ish, cause I will be switching my Telly over to the A League for City's (the Pride of Melbourne) first Grand Final appearance.

I know this is the Baggers biggest home and away game in years, in terms of what's at stake, but a grand final, especially a fledgling club's first one, is something i cannot pass up.

I suppose I can atill watch bits the final quarter of this on my phone though, The Kayo and Mobile Apps have been a real game changer, you can now actually watch Carlton whilst on the can if you have to go (not that I have ever done it :) )

Feeling a bit more confident now about our chances, I don't expect we will belt them, but probably be a fairly comfortable 4-5 goal win.

Back