Toast Round 14: Carlton 48-72 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the skipper played the ultimate sacrificial game today. Had the usual dozen or so at half time but Cripps has started to have an influence in the second quarter.

After half time Pendles had him at every stoppage and shut him out of the game, whilst sacrificing his own game.

Adams to his great credit took up the mantle as chief possession getter and play maker and killed them in the second half.

Moore and Daicos all class.

Go Pies you bloody beauties!

IQ took a huge step today not for the obvious reason of a good game - but his resilience.
He could have easily gone back into his shell after lowering his colors to Betts early, but instead went on to play an inspired game.
Outstanding.
Didn't see the other games, but is IQ a possible chance for the rising star nom this week?

11k, 9h, 5m, 5t, 7 rebound 50, 7 intercepts, 3 score involvements

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adams is brilliant, and not in the traditional sense. The guy has worked that hard at his game, and improved out of sight as a result.

Should be AA & clearly win our Best & Fairest.
Tight between him and Maynard I reckon.

There was a time I thought that C.Brown was clearly a better prospect than Daicos. Boy was that wrong. He has come on in leaps and bounds. Not just a bit player, but an important cog. Not overly prominent today, but I don't think he was beaten at all, which has been the case for a month or so now. Big improver J.Madgen.

When the going got tough, we got going. That first 15 mins of third quarter we absorbed a lot of what they had, to not let them score was pivotal.

How good is Adams going too, what a season he's putting together

Remove this Banner Ad

Back