Roast Inner Feral Fan Unleashed - Warning - Unbridled, passionate, and objectionable opinions within

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no value letting Murphy play again this season, he is not contributing enough and is preventing a young kid having a chance to push for a spot on the list for next season. Especially important if list size is reduced.

Simpson should be tapped on the shoulder and finish up this year. If we let him play another year it will hurt the club, regardless of list size.

Kreuzer can be kept as insurance, TDK needs to be our first choice from now on, until he tires or gets injured. We cannot play rucks who cannot forward so Pitto goes out while TDK is fit and available.

Ed gets one more year, no guarantees about senior games, may force his way into the side anyhow.

Casboult has earned another year, as insurance for Harry, Brackets and Charlie, if he wants to play on.

Eddie is finished as a force, anything more than a cameo is a bonus. Keep as a coach or mentor, starting to lose his edge as a player. Had a great career.

It is time for the next generation to take control of this team and be responsible for the results, the players listed above have shown they are not up to the task.

Last edited:

Couldn't agree more Jabba

Of the 28+ I would only keep Jones, Ed and Levi, the rest need to retire or moved on

Im 50/50 on Betts, as I reckon he can play 10-15 decent AFL games next year while he adjusts to his post playing career off field for us

Murphy is actually done, looks good against poor pressure sides but when the heats on....

Simmo has boomer Harvey syndrome......not playing bad for a guy in his mid 30s but the club needs to develop guys in his spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im 50/50 on Betts, as I reckon he can play 10-15 decent AFL games next year while he adjusts to his post playing career off field for us

Murphy is actually done, looks good against poor pressure sides but when the heats on....

Simmo has boomer Harvey syndrome......not playing bad for a guy in his mid 30s but the club needs to develop guys in his spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guys I mentioned won't be part of a flag, best we invest in players that will be

Thats absolutely ridiculous and good teams don't do that sort of thing.

IF you're done, you're done.

It's just my opinion. He's close so it will be done.

No player is bigger than the club. Players should only be handed contracts based on their form, consistency, injuries and obviously the financials. These contract decisions should favour what’s best for the list and future of the club.

This goes for all players, no matter how long they’ve been there.

On form alone, the club would be professionally inept in their duty if they offer Murphy another season. As stated by many observers what does he offer that would warrant a 1 year contract?

Im sure many members couldn’t give a rats arse if he is close to 300 games. All I care about is our next premiership and call me ruthless, a player who serves us well in the past should not be given contracts because of the fact. He has been financially remunerated for his services and no longer can consistently provide the level required at senior level to warrant another contract.

I would also thanks Simpson, Betts and Kruez for their services and let them retire.

Time to move forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's ridiculous if true. Why hold back the development of a kid and hurt our chances of winning games just so we can nurse Murphy to 300?

They gonna nurse Simmo to break the club record while they're at it?

If that's really what they're planning then this club is not going to see success any time soon.

Hard decisions have to be made. Ed and Jones the only ones really deserving of going on. Levi only because we need some form of back up Harry and Charlie as well as ruck support for TDK.

Really don't rate Pittonet at all. He'd be goneski if it were up to me.

That's ridiculous if true. Why hold back the development of a kid and hurt our chances of winning games just so we can nurse Murphy to 300?

It wasn't a rumour. It was an opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another unanswered 5+ goal run by the opposition. The blowtorch should be just about on Teague's backside by now.

We can't stop chopping and changing coaches every 2 or 3 years Sir. Anyhow as we have seen with Radelaide and Matty Nicks, the cupboard of quality potential senior coaches in waiting is pretty much as bare as Mother Hubbard's.

Teague will be fine, but yeah I feel your frustration and disappointment over yesterday's schisen second half.

I feel Newman was a big loss to our back 6 this year. A guy that averaged midfielder numbers and went at 75%by foot, which is elite. And not those bullshit 20 metre backward kicks, he penetrated opposition presses

When fit, he will play

Bingo. Flabbergasted by some posters suggesting he will be on the chopping/trade block at the end of the season.

Don't you just hate those supporters who make irrational heat of the moment calls to trade much required and valuable players ? (Hope I never become like that 🤡🤡🤡😳😳😳

We can't stop chopping and changing coaches every 2 or 3 years Sir. Anyhow as we have seen with Radelaide and Matty Nicks, the cupboard of quality potential senior coaches in waiting is pretty much as bare as Mother Hubbard's.

Teague will be fine, but yeah I feel your frustration and disappointment over yesterday's schisen second half.
True that. Still, not good signs that nearly every 2nd week the opposition gets a run on and our boys go to sleep.

Changed my mind. I want MM to retire with MK and Simmo at seasons end. May as well farewell them all, except Betts, ASAP.

If I had a choice, now, between Robbo (as in Mitch) and Murph; I'd select the former in a heart beat without so much as a second thought. Amazing how things change with time.

Bingo. Flabbergasted by some posters suggesting he will be on the chopping/trade block at the end of the season.

Don't you just hate those supporters who make irrational heat of the moment calls to trade much required and valuable players ? (Hope I never become like that 🤡🤡🤡😳😳😳
I mean, I agree with you, but I can only pull you up so often...

I just read a silly article suggesting that it may be politically inappropriate to keep referring to the main bedroom in a typical Aussie home as the “master bedroom” In response, I’ve resolved to doing, or saying, something politically incorrect; in support of political incorrectness. On that basis; I predict we’re going to do SFA of any significance during this years trade/draft period, or if we do land someone worthwhile, we’re going to get our backsides sanded back to brittle bone.

He better be as good at dealing picks and players to other clubs as he is at selling escalating memberships to members.

I just read a silly article suggesting that it may be politically inappropriate to keep referring to the main bedroom in a typical Aussie home as the “master bedroom” In response, I’ve resolved to doing, or saying, something politically incorrect; in support of political incorrectness. On that basis; I predict we’re going to do SFA of any significance during this years trade/draft period, or if we do land someone worthwhile, we’re going to get our backsides sanded back to brittle bone.

He better be as good at dealing picks and players to other clubs as he is at selling escalating memberships to members.
What was it your 'trust' game said; while we have more ways of communicating, it seems to give us more misscommunication than anything else?

What was it your 'trust' game said; while we have more ways of communicating, it seems to give us more misscommunication than anything else?
One day, you, are going to run this country G; or a not insignificant part of it. Your too damn clever not to.

I really do wonder sometimes exactly how much of the SPS bullshit on this forum is sincere, how much of it is looking for someone to blame, and how much is some old bloke not liking that blackfella on his tv set.

People use words like lazy and soft, and sure he's been down. But the bloke's ridden bulls before, and been subject to tackles most of the muppets watching him haven't ever been subject to. How much of these themes are observations, and how many are reoccurring themes that always seem to crop up around players of indigenous heritage?

I really do wonder sometimes exactly how much of the SPS bullshit on this forum is sincere, how much of it is looking for someone to blame, and how much is some old bloke not liking that blackfella on his tv set.

People use words like lazy and soft, and sure he's been down. But the bloke's ridden bulls before, and been subject to tackles most of the muppets watching him haven't ever been subject to. How much of these themes are observations, and how many are reoccurring themes that always seem to crop up around players of indigenous heritage?

Nah, I don't think it's that, I've seen plenty of other players cop the same type of criticisms over the years and they certainly weren't indigenous. Most of the time they are just baseless ramblings. Personally, I don't think you get to that level of football by being 'soft'. SPS isn't copping it half as bad as Murph right now ( some of the things being said are disgraceful IMO), so I think you can lay that theory to rest. People always need a whipping boy and once somebody starts here others jump aboard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back