Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Just like last seasons thread post any news, rumors, signings, de-listings, transfers, injuries, retirements, controversies, whatever, you name it over the off season post it all in this thread. I will keep it on the sticky list till round one next season.

thanks

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Ok what do we think will be the make up of the A-League next season?

AAFC have already said it won’t be till the following season that they will be attempting a 2nd division.

But we have Canberra going very very hard to be allowed in for next year.

Will be get a 13 club comp? 14?

Is this a year for testing winter, with a June break and “FFA tv”?

Any rule changes? Cap and floor gone?

Imports in line with Asia or half the squad like the media seem to be pushing for?

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ok what do we think will be the make up of the A-League next season?

AAFC have already said it won’t be till the following season that they will be attempting a 2nd division.

But we have Canberra going very very hard to be allowed in for next year.

Will be get a 13 club comp? 14?

Is this a year for testing winter, with a June break and “FFA tv”?

Any rule changes? Cap and floor gone?

Imports in line with Asia or half the squad like the media seem to be pushing for?

I only see Canberra in if they buy out the Mariners license and relocate the team, but I feel that is also a long shot! Somehow I don't think it's in the FFA's interest, I think they'll rather see the club relocate (if they have to) to North Sydney.
League will remain at 12 next season with Macarthur introduced, No need for expansion so soon.

Needed to happen. Brebner will have no excuses as it’s his team.
As a conspiracy nut i can see Brenber failing then we get someone bigger to coach next year

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
As a conspiracy nut i can see Brenber failing then we get someone bigger to coach next year

I was listening to the FVS podcast and they mentioned the club was in negotiations with Michael Laudrup pretty deep too! But in the end his price tag was to much.

My only problem with Brebs is he is probably to nice to be a coach unlike Muscat who was a mongrel on match day! I can't see Brebs being like that,
being nice wins you nothing!

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

The new campaign will begin in early 2021 - as opposed to a previously flagged December start date - with uncertainty around the duration of state border restrictions one of the key factors.

"Next year's A-League and W-League will start later," Johnson said.

"Most likely it will start in 2021, in the early periods.

"We're still settling on an exact date - for good reason - because this pandemic does change every week.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Changes at the Glory, I wander how much legs that Popovic rumor of leaving has.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon

I would think that popovic has a similar clause that he had at wsw, and I would assume it depends on the actual change of ownership at the club .

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

I reckon there’s plenty of legs to it.

Supposedly he was furious about how the attempted sale of the club was handled

From what I have heard from someone that is close to a staff member at the club, the Poppa rumors are complete bullshit. I also reckon that since that Greek side got relegated, if there was any truth to rumors that only 1 supposed journo that nobody has heard of before was reporting, he might think twice about going.

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
The West is reporting Atkinson is going to sign for Glory. Would be a good pick up. He and Ingham as our LB and RB would be a pretty good combo. Fighting with Meredith if he sticks around. It would be nice to have two young guns starting each week.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Fears of a huge A-League exodus
Fears are growing that their could be large exodus of players out of the A-League if a deal is struck that sees players wages cut significantly next season.
John Davidson Sep 1 2020 7:00AM
The players union, the FFA and the clubs are engaged in talks over a new collective bargaining agreement for the 2020/21 season.

A-League players saw their wages slashed down to 70% of their existing contracts, with many forced to make personal sacrifices as well, to ensure the Covid-19-hit 2019/2020 season could be completed.

According to sources, clubs want to cut player wages down to potentially 30% off their current contracts for next year.

FTBL understands the players are not happy with this level of cuts, after already accepting massive cuts last season and making other sacrifices such as relocation to the NSW hub to get the campaign finished.

“There is a huge level of reluctance,” one player told FTBL.

Some in the competition believe we could see more players depart Australia for more lucrative pastures overseas, if the cuts are substantial.

Already Dimi Petratos and Mitch Duke have headed to Saudi Arabia, Ivan Franjic is leaving Perth Glory, teammate Joel Chianese is moving to India, and Adam Le Fondre is tipped to join Chianese there.

Wellington's Liberto Cacace has also departed for Belgium.

“There’s a fear that the league will lose a significant amount of its talent,” one involved party said.

“Some of the players have had enough. There could be a gutting of all the talent in the A-League.”

Australian players in the A-League have been able access the government’s JobKeeper allowance, but foreign players such as Le Fondre, Bruno Fornaroli, Milos Ninkovic and others have not been eligible.

According to reports, the A-League clubs want the salary cap cut from around $3 million to $2.1 million.

“To date there has been no formal proposal tabled with the players by the A-League clubs,” a PFA spokesperson told FTBL.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Wow anybody see the season prices for the Bulls? Absolutely ridiculous.

Had thought they had been going well, until this.

IMG_0868.png

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Not sure what you get with each and seating options. But imo it seems quite standard pricing.

Membership cheaper at Sydney and we are successful at the moment.

The supporter bay costs over 100 dollars more.

Would think as a new club they would want to entice fans in the region, a region that isn’t flush with cash at the best of times let alone now.

The West is reporting Atkinson is going to sign for Glory. Would be a good pick up. He and Ingham as our LB and RB would be a pretty good combo. Fighting with Meredith if he sticks around. It would be nice to have two young guns starting each week.

Confirmed by the club as well as Nabbout.

118404928_2914884308615898_1113934528513517621_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back