Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would tip Richmond to win it. But along with Geelong West coast and Collingwood I wonder if living in a hub will eventually take it's toll. Giving sides like Port and Brissy an advantage. Will be a good finals series no doubt.

When Geelong knock us off in a couple of weeks watch everyone lose their minds lol

If Richmond can beat Geelong in a couple of weeks ill be more confident.

I think you will - and i think you will be $2.50 flag favourites after that game

Obviously i will be pleasantly surprised and happy if the reverse happens - but i dont think it will

The only wobbly i can see in Richmond winning this years flag - is if something happens with this pandemic - and say Qld got shut down - and they all have to hitch up the caravan and move to Adelaide

Havent rated Pt Adelaide at all - and give them very little chance - however that Port v Rich game ( and i dont care who was missing for either side ) i did watch it - and they did play very well - especially the last qtr - because i thought they were gone at 3qtr time

So if some or all finals were played in SA - then that does change the circumstances a bit

I may be wrong, but I have a theory on Us v Lions.

I honestly think now it's just a mental block for you guys. I see it like us v Geelong for ages. There were anumber of times we should have beaten them, but mentally just weren't there yet.

The last 2 times, you've had us under the pump for the first 1.5 qtrs, but failed to convert. We get some traction and away we go.

When you do get us, I think the floodgate wlll open, it will be a big release.

Combination of a mental issue and us not matching up well with the Tigers game plan IMO. Hopefully you're right.

If West Coast cough up a game and they miss the top 4 it could be very hard for them, possibly playing away from Perth after a potential elimination final. In my eyes they are still the second best side though

Right now I think it's a Richmond/West Coast battle pending on where the Granny is held (in Perth makes it more WC favourable, Queensland more Richmond favourable)

There's something about this Geelong list but they've s**t the bed a bit too much in finals to rate.

The wildcard is Collingwood, IMO - something about them feels very WB 2016-esque.

Richmond won their finals at their home ground, and their only recent finals loss was against another MCG tenant. They wont be given the luxury of playing finals at the MCG this year.

WC started poorly because they were playing in QLD. Take them back to Perth and they're as good as gold.

There's nothing to suggest that either team are capable of taking home the premiership unless the circumstances are right.

Geelong are a versatile team, have many players with winning experience in tight high pressured finals games, and an ageing but freshened Gary Ablett ready to throw back into the mix. If that's not a recipe for finals success, I don't know what is.
If you had to put your life on it, where do you think finals and the grand final will be played this year? I’ll give you a hint, it’s the same venue Richmond won an away qualifying final at last year and a venue we haven’t lost at since 2004.

Collingwood are still going to struggle to kick goals against the best teams without de goey fit and firing.

gws have all the weapons, but who knows what you’ll get from them
Yep it is looking increasingly likely de goey will be back before finals, but who knows what form he will be in. If GWS and the pies can hit the form many expected them to at the start of the season then They could give it a shake. But from outside the top 4 it would be very hard. Only team that can win from outside the top 4 is probably Richmond. Imagine a finals series with Brisbane, Port, West Coast, Richmond, Geelong and Collingwood, Melbourne in 2018 form and GWS in 2019 form

If West Coast cough up a game and they miss the top 4 it could be very hard for them, possibly playing away from Perth after a potential elimination final. In my eyes they are still the second best side though
They've got a game in hand.

If Tiges don't beat Geelong they can afford to lose one, still top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope it's the Saints, not looking likely - still if they make the 8 you never know .....:oops:

Otherwise would rather: Geelong, Gold Coast, Brisbane Lions, Swans, GWS Giants, WC Eagles, Dockers

If I had to choose - Geelong

Interesting that West Coast just had their attempt to pay North $800,000 to move their round 18 game back to Optus knocked back by the AFL for integrity reasons. Cheeky buggers.

You do realize we've had our fair share of injuries this year, right? We've just managed them better than in previous years, and our squad is a lot deeper. Stanley, Selwood, Duncan, Ablett, Stewart, Clark, Kolo, Steven, Tuohy, Atkins, Dahlhaus, have all been missing for extended periods this year. We had 7 best 22 players missing at one point, lol.

We'll also face them without Selwood and Ablett, two of our best and fairests (and all the other things) lol.
Won’t Selwood be back after the bye? What’s wrong with him?

Won’t Selwood be back after the bye? What’s wrong with him?

Bit of an ongoing knee niggle. Was alright once the footy resumed after the covid break, but past 4-5 weeks, really dropped off. Good chance we give him the bye and the Essendon game, before injecting him for the big match against you guys. If it persists though, who knows...

Interesting that West Coast just had their attempt to pay North $800,000 to move their round 18 game back to Optus knocked back by the AFL for integrity reasons. Cheeky buggers.
It hasn't been knocked back yet. if it isn't it's a disgrace.

Clubs have sold home games to get over financial difficulties in the past (Richmond included). The AFL have usually allowed it.

Although it's rarely raised half-way through the season - but this is a reasonably abnormal season. I guess all clubs have seen their finaces severely affected - probably even more than they expected.

I don’t see it as a big deal. The Eagles has the cash to offer and North wanted it. It’s not as if it’s going to affect the outcome of the game anyway. Strange that it wasn’t accepted.

Clubs have sold home games to get over financial difficulties in the past (Richmond included). The AFL have usually allowed it.

Although it's rarely raised half-way through the season - but this is a reasonably abnormal season. I guess all clubs have seen their finaces severely affected - probably even more than they expected.
Yes but hasn't it always been selling a home game to a neutral venue (e.g. Cairns)?

Not sure I've heard of selling to the other side's home ground, that is crossing the line imo.

Back