Preview Round 15: West Coast vs Essendon, Gabba, Tuesday 01/09/2020 @ 8:10 PM AEST

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think we should have dropped BZT with no Kennedy. Given how little time 3 tall forwards will actually be on the ground given NicNats low TOG we could have quite easily have gotten away with a short backline.
They will still run with two. Hooker plays forward. Hurley and BZT take the other two with Ridley covering when all three on on the ground.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Love the team on paper although don’t like seeing Redman omitted.

I’d go with Hooker forward. If they go three talls then Hurley takes Darling, BZK takes the resting ruck and Ridley goes to Allen.

Sneaky chance given neutral ground and no Kennedy.

Think we should have dropped BZT with no Kennedy. Given how little time 3 tall forwards will actually be on the ground given NicNats low TOG we could have quite easily have gotten away with a short backline.
Give him a chance to play on someone around his experience level

Okay, potential match ups:

Hurley on Darling
Ridley on Allen
Zerk on Williams
Saad on Ryan
Gleeson on Ah Chee
Smith/Guelfi on resting midfielders

Barrass on Daniher
McGovern on Hooker
Hurn on Stringer
Sheppard on Walla
Cole on Mozzie
Rotham on Stewart
Jetta on resting midfielders

We play 7 defenders usually, not sure whether Hooker plays forward or back.

Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
So Hepp back, can assume Parish to play on a HFF and get flunked about like he always is? SuperCoach question by the way.

Best of luck, would seriously love you to smack the flogs off their mantle.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
So Hepp back, can assume Parish to play on a HFF and get flunked about like he always is? SuperCoach question by the way.

Best of luck, would seriously love you to smack the flogs off their mantle.
I think if you've got Parish in your side you're reaching as it is.

westking

Cancelled
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Whoever happens to be winning
Injury list declining, best team we have fielded in yonks. Exciting times woohoo. Cant wait...actually I can. To put a downer on things, I still think this game will be over half way through the first. So personally Im preparing for the train wreck that we are all so familiar with.

Correct me if I am Wrong but I am pretty sure this is the first time all our our listed 7x All Australians have played together?

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
You're going to the game? Man as somebody in like the 7th week of lockdown, I am so jealous right now. Even if we lose, enjoy it for me.
I went to the Saints game - where we were just terrible - but I did hold in mind the awareness of what all of you are going through in Vic. So tough.
It was good for the soul (and blood pressure) to just be grateful to be in the stands on a nice winter day.

Hope you are holding up okay.

I expect WC to towel us up even though I hope that doesn't happen. Either way, I'll make sure I enjoy it. Hang in there.

Fridge16

All Australian
Sep 12, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Correct me if I am Wrong but I am pretty sure this is the first time all our our listed 7x All Australians have played together?

It was mentioned in an article today that it’s the first time since round 9 (I think) last year. Not exactly sure on the round but they definitely said it was last year.

Sammy1992

Senior List
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey guys sorry for the intrusion.

Do you think James Stewart will play forward? He is named at centre halfback? Would of though Hurley, Ridley and Thatcher were your key defenders?

Hey guys sorry for the intrusion.

do you think James Stewart will play forward? He is named at centre halfback
Yep. Woosha just taking one from the Sheedy handbook

Back