Autopsy Round 14, 2020: Port Adelaide 11.7.73 def Sydney 7.5.47

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
And I'm not disputing we have gone after low risk, high reward players. They just haven't given us any reward, so therefore they are failures.
But you said we had been focussing on the wrong players, and the examples you gave were a high-quality player who was bizarrely on the out at the Suns, delisted, therefore, requiring no trade, and didn't want to leave the state and a player who was given as an extra mature concession pick. Both outliers to the normal recruiting process. They shouldn't be the yardstick.

But you said we had been focussing on the wrong players, and the examples you gave were a high-quality player who was bizarrely on the out at the Suns, delisted, therefore, requiring no trade, and didn't want to leave the state and a player who was given as an extra mature concession pick. Both outliers to the normal recruiting process. They shouldn't be the yardstick.

We evidently have been focusing on the wrong players, as every one we've gone after has turned out to be a bust.

At the end of the day both those two I named (among many others) were delisted. It's proof there are delisted/discarded/unwanted players who are good. We have just not targeted the right ones.

Corpuscles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2006
Lunatic Park
AFL Club
Sydney
We evidently have been focusing on the wrong players, as every one we've gone after has turned out to be a bust.

At the end of the day both those two I named (among many others) were delisted. It's proof there are delisted/discarded/unwanted players who are good. We have just not targeted the right ones.

Which ones should Swans target this year?

You know the ones that won't be a "bust"? btw : How do you know or what is the secret formula?

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Why has Florent become a board whipping boy? He's clearly been attracting better opponents due to our outs, so he hasn't been able to find space as easily.

He is not soft, he brought down Powell-Pepper (a bigger guy) with a tackle that resulted in a HTB free.

He's a victim of his own good work. When he was getting smashed on here it was when his form was very good and he knocked up getting it because of excellent work rate. He then proceeded to put a butcher's apron on. So although frustrating if he gets that form back then he should be backed to improve his disposal. Kid has the heart to work his arse off with a great work ethic so if he can put that into his work away from gameday then he will be a very good player for us.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Stop with all the shots man. Seriously. If you talk about that one more time... its becoming nauseous. Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Have to blame someone and Buddy is the scapegoat. Would be reprehensible for Ted to question the club on current trajectory of the list. Go as far as to say would have been lucky to have won 50% of the games during his tenure at the club if we did not have him. Deadset Bob of the head as to has been the best Swan in the 25 years out of him & Lockett. Goodes was great Kelly just as great but those 2 sit by themselves. For him to be denigrated because of what he has earned or cost which is simply ridiculous. Possibly a top 5-10 greatest player of all time and guess what ?

He was/is a Blood. Been a bloody pleasure to see him wear the jumper.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Would be reprehensible for Ted to question the club on current trajectory of the list.
Ah Wolfy!

It is exactly what I have done. I've stated all along that the blame/credit sits with those that did such a deal in secret. Harley & Gardiner now have to deal with it which is fine because they are dealing with it the best they can.

This was all discussed back in late 2013 /early 2014 on here by us all. We were all excited but at the same time acknowledging that it will have implications on our list management should Buddy not get on the park.

Anyway.
I'll sign off on this for now.
Cheers

"The Messenger"

Last edited:
Back