Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2021 - Kingy and Benny are back for KROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey K rock Football
Constable, I love him as young potential player ( as much love as Cameron Ling loves him )but do you know if there are any truth of the rumours that was on him over a month ago that he wants to be traded at the end of the season?
I think we need to keep him in at our club, as what we will get for him be bugger all, but his value to us is worth more to us, as our inside mids ( Selwood and Dangerfield) aren't getting any younger

Thought you may have herd some inside info about him...

Hi guys, I feel like a few have probably asked this already, but what do we do with the big Sav for the rest of this season? I know he's got potential but purely for this season, does he have a spot or do we just put him on ice for the season? Unfortunately he just looks completely shot of confidence.

Hi guys, I feel like a few have probably asked this already, but what do we do with the big Sav for the rest of this season? I know he's got potential but purely for this season, does he have a spot or do we just put him on ice for the season? Unfortunately he just looks completely shot of confidence.

Hey guys outside of Ablett and Selwood do you see any certain starters currently out of the team? Also it was great to hear Chris Scott say that continuity was going to be prioritised from here on in. Do you agree that over the past few years we have occasionally been a bit too focussed on flexibility at the expense of bedding down a settled team when leading into finals?

Great call the other night.

1 - How dirty do you think Kolo was when Merrick kicked that goal. He must be thinking what do I have to do !!!

2 -Great team effort after droppping the ball in the first 1/4 to come back and grind out that style of win. Really showed a level of determination, belief and committment to each other that I have not seen overall for a while. We've won a lot of games since 2012 but rarely have I seen that style of team effort. And its the 1%ers, the off ball pressure acts and non stat attracting things like blocks, running 150m to fill a space etc.

3 - And speaking of running to apply blocks or fill space.... Gary Rohan. The work he did to effect English's kick was amazing. He was over 15 paces - so about 15 meters away - and in the time it took English to go thru his kicking motion Rohan had covered that distance, effected the spoil and won the free.

I know he's not the most popular player and ive given him sprays for being ineffective.. but the last month or so, he has provided a team oriented highlight reel that is almost peerless. It reminds me of the kinds of thing Travis Varcoe would do in 2011... amazing gut runnimg and work.

Not saying we are there yet.... but im firming quietly that we have a bond in the group that could be a little like Kiwi in the 83 cup... given no chance after a miserable start and just given it all the beans and having everything work on the run home.

GO Catters

To paraphrase Draft Day .. we living in a whoie different world than we did before this Pandemic ...

with list size reduction coming just how many players will have to go ..

... and do we keep a player like Jack Steven rather than keeping a younger player that might not have given a go yet.. Simpson has shown the worth of patience. so players like Kennerly who were showing plenty preseason, Jarvis, Tarca etc .. who are only 20..... might be seem easy to delist this year but long term might be very short sighted.

IMO.. Sal Cap payouts will not be a reason to keep players... If the AFL have excused clubs to allow them to pay out coaches ..then they will allow clubs to pay out contracts with no SalCap complications.

Hi Ben and Tom

With finals around the corner, what end result for 2020 do you think would be a bare minimum, pass mark for Chris Scott and the club? Would not making a Grand Final be an adequate outcome? With four top-2 finishes from 2012 (2013, 2016, 2017 and 2019) and zero Grand Final appearances, can the club justify persevering with Chris Scott for much longer if the team does not get past the Preliminary Final stage?

Finally, is it possible for Ben to use all of 'nude', 'stimulus' and 'unprecedented' during the call of the Bombres (deliberate misspelling) game?

Go Cats.

Hey I'm going to re post a question as by the look of it, bigfooty website has lost a fair few pages ( not sure what happened..

Hey K rock Football
Constable, I love him as young potential player ( as much love as Cameron Ling loves him )but do you know if there are any truth of the rumours that was on him over a month ago that he wants to be traded at the end of the season? As his worth to much for us as Selwood isn't getting younger and we need him as his our next inside mid, but as a trade we would be lucky to any good value back from him..
Cheers FoxDog50

Hi all,

Great win by the Cats.

Benny and I are recording on Tuesday afternoon (Monday night for you, dazbroncos).

Feel free to fire any questions in.

Cheers

Kingy

Great call and great win. Bummed I missed the first bit but geez it was great to get the smashing win.

With Ablett a certainty to get back in, can Brad Close hoLD his place? Bloke has great hands in marking contest- kicks that ball well at goal and to team mates, has great vision with ball in hand and does the 1%ers that don’t get stats but help the team.
I can see his impact being much like Bundy in 2011... just standing up when needed.
Can we keep him in and say Steven out ( granted they play different roles)

Speaking of 2011 - can this game v tigers be the rd 23 v Pies match of 2011 - win and get that confidence to take all comers in thw finals?

Go Catters

Great call and great win. Bummed I missed the first bit but geez it was great to get the smashing win.

With Ablett a certainty to get back in, can Brad Close hoLD his place? Bloke has great hands in marking contest- kicks that ball well at goal and to team mates, has great vision with ball in hand and does the 1%ers that don’t get stats but help the team.
I can see his impact being much like Bundy in 2011... just standing up when needed.
Can we keep him in and say Steven out ( granted they play different roles)

Speaking of 2011 - can this game v tigers be the rd 23 v Pies match of 2011 - win and get that confidence to take all comers in thw finals?

Go Catters
1percenters is a stat. afl tables says he averages only 0.5 1percenters a game.

in comparison with our other forwards he is about the worst. Rohan aversges 1.5, hawkins 1.2, atkins 0.8 and miers is about 0.6. Even ablett averages 0.6.

Hi Ben and Tom

Great call on Sunday.

When the season was on hold back in April, it was great to listen to your station's calls of the Cats' Grand Final wins. Is it feasible to upload these commentaries to this podcast, perhaps splitting each game into 3 or 4 parts? For future Geelong games, is it possible to have the radio calls transferred to a podcast format after the match? Even if the calls are available to listeners for only a limited period, perhaps one month, that would be great. This content would be a delight during a challenging time, particularly to listeners such as me who are persevering through a hard lockdown in Melbourne.

Could you please get the great man Tim McGrath in for a podcast edition at some point? Bluey's direct and astute assessment of the Cats' prospects would be a most welcome addition to your critiques.

Thank you and keep up the great work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey boys,
Who is looking most likely to be our next player to make his debut from last years draft?
Also on on Sunday before the game you interviewed Matty Scarlett and asked about Cockatoo and how close he is.

Scarlett said he is yet to tear a scratch match open and there is suggestions he isn’t pushing himself to full pace, is there any truth to this? How has Cockatoos attitude been to not getting a game yet when so many of us thought he would “himself included”

Do you think Jack Steven is in our best 22?lot of people have Atkins as the player most lucky most weeks to keep his spot,
Why do you think the match committee are sticking with him?
I personally don’t think he adds enough in a contest and around the ground.
Please also stop bringing up he’s a tackling machine, the amount of times he’s missed simple tackles this season has been frustrating.

Also any trade targets you think are more likely to join GFC than not?

Love you work and throughly enjoy listening to you boys every game day,
This will be my first podcast and no doubt ill
Love it.

Last edited:
We need a proper investigtion into why atkins gets games and doesnt even need to come back through the vfl after a month off from injury. His tackling stats are terrible. His disposal and goal stats are terrible. His 1 percenter stats are poor. He is now being given lots of midfield team at the expense of better players to boost his stats and they are still terrible.

Hi all,

We are back this week with a Cat Attack Podcast - plans is to record Tuesday afternoon if you have any questions.

Cheers

Kingy

Friday night showed us we need mark Blicavs in the backline when we play Richmond. Surely Stanley can ruck 95% and Hawkins can take forward ruck work. Cannot play both of Taylor and Henderson. Whether Jordan Clark comes in or there’s a reshuffle, we lacked pace and need to address this. Hopefully lessons learnt can be used in finals. Great to see esava take some clunks, but as they say, 1 swallow doesn’t make a summer. Rohan and Ablett will provide a more dangerous forward set up. Duncan Dangerfield and Hawkins all had colours lowered, that won’t happen again

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So that was not good -

But IMO there's 2 ways to look at it. It wasnt a final - thats a bonus - but was it just the prelude to one?

Richmond beat us and credit them for it. No taking anything away from them.

That said - did we not change up things once it wasnt working so as to keep that change up our sleeve or are we only one dimensional.

Id also add that whilst the Tigers pressure was stout - we also missed unforced getable targets and skills were as poor as ive seen for some time.

So if we can correct those controllable mistakes, we dont play a debutant in a Final ( no offence to him btw) and we show the abiltiy to change when needed and not feed Grimes the ball at will, we could be much better.

But can we do that?

GO Catters

Still feeling the pain from Friday night.

With Chris Scott nearing 10 completed seasons at the club and amassing a very good home-and-away record (!) over the journey, what 3 home-and-away performances do you rate as Geelong's best during the Scott era and why?

Thank you for keeping the podcasts going.

Boys, Love listening to the podcast from rural country Victoria...
That funny time of the season that runs basically all year around ( Trade Week )
We seem to be linked to every player that is coming out of Contract. ( I hear Brodie Grundy wants to come to Geelong in 2021 ;) )

The 3 main players we been linked to are
Jeremy Cameron
Brad Crouch
And now Jack Viney...
Out of them all, in where you hear things in the AFL world, how likely are we to get any of them... Or is there any other players we could be a chance at getting you may of herd...
Cheers FoxDog50

Joe Danaher potentially linked to the Cats?

Real, overated or just an injury potential looking for a new place to miss games?

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back