Toast Welcome to Freo Caleb Serong– Fremantle’s 2nd 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #8]

Remove this Banner Ad

The technique they followed was learnt from American sport. Make your opponent's pay as much as possible not just doing what's best for yourself. Generally, Afl clubs have allowed clubs to get a bit of a bonus but keep them honest. Carlton made us pay full dollar with a small nga bonus. Umpiring aside, we would have beaten them this year, so we are a near rival that they would want to damage.

Have we seen this

This just made my entire week. Thanks for posting, Snuffy.

I don’t even care we’re gonna get our clocks cleaned this week by the Tigers. We’re being more decisive with our player/coach management by letting the people we don’t want go (carter, cam Mac, Weber, etc...) and locking in the key parts. I love what Belly and Co. are doing here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Haselby was talking to Josh Carr on 6PR (I know I shouldn't listen but it's a guilty pleasure) tonight and sounded like it was a done deal for Serong in terms of him having signed a 2 year extension.

Anyone notice that play in the last quarter where there was a ground ball on the wing, he reached out and put his left hand on top of the ball, dragged it bck towards him along the ground with his left and somehow got his right fist to connect for a perfect handball out the back of the pack?
You can't teach that s**t. Outstanding.

Anyone notice that play in the last quarter where there was a ground ball on the wing, he reached out and put his left hand on top of the ball, dragged it bck towards him along the ground with his left and somehow got his right fist to connect for a perfect handball out the back of the pack?
You can't teach that sh*t. Outstanding.

Yep and I also noticed the commentators didn't even mention it.

Just like when Lobb took that outstanding one-handed contested mark going back with the flight and it barely raised more than a 'mark by Lobb'

If Martin had done either of those things we would have been treated to 14 replays and a post-match interview about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep and I also noticed the commentators didn't even mention it.
Yep, thought the exact same,was sitting there thinking how *en good was that! and not so much as credit from the commentators, tbf tho they were all probably eyes locked on dusty scratching his arse like school girls gazing at picture of Justin beiber.
His inside work around stoppages is next level.
Daniel Kerr like

Hi. Freo supporter seeking footy discussion forum. Likes: following Fremantle Football Club, and reading smart, fine-grained analysis of structures and strategies. Dislikes: clichéd thinking, and frenzied attacks on Freo players who fail to be utterly perfect every single game. Will tolerate the latter if there's some of the former, or at least a fair chunk of broadly genial and mostly supportive Freo-related chat. Promises not to be an annoying poster. Apologises for the off-topic (and potentially rule-contravening) nature of this post.
Thanks for all the welcoming likes and so on, though it would have been nice, given the substance of this post, at least one of you had warned me to stay away from the game day threads!

This kid is already my favourite player and his attitude towards the game is first class. Says it how it is and wants to win... accepts nothing less. These are the type of people and players we want and need to drive this club to where we have never been before and you know Caleb is going to be the focal point of the future we are trying to build.

Oh and lock him in for Rising Star.

Thanks for all the welcoming likes and so on, though it would have been nice, given the substance of this post, at least one of you had warned me to stay away from the game day threads!
Haha, fair call. Game day threads are not for nuanced discussion

Yup. Bit of belief there.

Yep, thought the exact same,was sitting there thinking how fu**en good was that! and not so much as credit from the commentators, tbf tho they were all probably eyes locked on dusty scratching his arse like school girls gazing at picture of Justin beiber.
His inside work around stoppages is next level.
Daniel Kerr like
And he is just a wee barne. And already signed up for another 2 years.. Imagine how good he will be in 4 years.

This kid is already my favourite player and his attitude towards the game is first class. Says it how it is and wants to win... accepts nothing less. These are the type of people and players we want and need to drive this club to where we have never been before and you know Caleb is going to be the focal point of the future we are trying to build.

Oh and lock him in for Rising Star.

I can't concentrate on what he's saying with that presenter breathing into his mic the whole time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back