Preview Round 15: West Coast vs Essendon, Gabba, Tuesday 01/09/2020 @ 8:10 PM AEST

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've had him all year and currently ranked 119th overall <end brag>
I too have had him all year and can confirm my season hasn’t gone quite as well.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
No matter what happens, Essendon have 16 premierships, that's the most in the AFL, tied with Carlton. This time period of 15 years has been a genuine lull, but let's have some perspective, still the most successful club in the league, great facilities, a list that has genuine potential to improve, on paper a first class coaching panel. There's no reason to brood, that's all i'm saying..

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
No matter what happens, Essendon have 16 premierships, that's the most in the AFL, tied with Carlton. This time period of 15 years has been a genuine lull, but let's have some perspective, still the most successful club in the league, great facilities, a list that has genuine potential to improve, on paper a first class coaching panel. There's no reason to brood, that's all i'm saying..
The past shouldn't be forgotten, nor should it be a reason to sit comfortably.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Mootsy, Mootsy, Mootsy....

You've come to the wrong place. I think you were looking for the door to the Essendon boardroom.

It's just up there past the dusty trophy cabinet and the "Kevin Sheedy Golden Days" mural.

Towno78

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I don’t think we’re too underdone (compared to the finals where we have literally just brought players straight back in after injury)

Our run and gun players have had significant game time and should have built their tanks up.

Stewart has now settled back in (7th or 8th game back I think?). Stringer is now into his third match so should be okay.

Joey and Hooker have played their first match. So should be better for the run.

Hurley had more a rest than a long break, so should be fine.

Only underdone player I’d see is Heppell. And he’d always make up for that with constant effort. Having midfield depth should help the rotations too.
If Daniher playing only 1 game and barely getting on the park for 3 years doesn't meet your definition of underdone, then that's one crazy low bar. I hope never to play limbo with you.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
If you watch the captains run they train the 26 (named 22 plus emergencies) in fwd/mid/back groups. The mids seemed to be split into two groups so you don't see a couple of people in today's video, but from what I saw:

Forwards:
Daniher
Hooker
Stewart
Stringer
Townsend*
Mosquito
McDonald-Tipungwuti
Snelling
Ham*

🤤

Back