GABBA to host Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In HUN this morning that it is expected to be announced on Wednesday.

AFL dignitaries and a couple of players all flying up to QLD today....which will make it approx 2000 AFL club officials, players and families now in Qld.

Wow, Go Queensland!:brisbane::goldcoast:

(Stuff you COVID, I want to be there! Let us out!!:'()

Last edited:
Its a bit of a cliched suggestion but I agree with Cal Twomey who said that if the Gabba has the Grand Final, they should see if Powderfinger are willing to re-form to do the entertainment. They are actually about to release an album of unheard songs recorded from as early as 1998 so might even line up promotionally.

Its a bit of a cliched suggestion but I agree with Cal Twomey who said that if the Gabba has the Grand Final, they should see if Powderfinger are willing to re-form to do the entertainment. They are actually about to release an album of unheard songs recorded from as early as 1998 so might even line up promotionally.
The wife asked earlier this morning if I was going to wrangle my way up somehow to go to the GF if the Lions make it, and I conceded it was probably going to be too hard unless something changes.

If Powderfinger reforms for it as well though, I might be persuaded to buy a $70m yacht and sail up since apparently that's the way to get through these things. ;)

The wife asked earlier this morning if I was going to wrangle my way up somehow to go to the GF if the Lions make it, and I conceded it was probably going to be too hard unless something changes.
Gut wrenching for us down here that we won't have any chance to attend, unless I can find an exemption allowing me to travel to Brisbane for work.

As long as that idiot bass player plays his bass at a reasonable height. That put me off them for a long time more than their early tweeness in the shadows of grunge.

As long as that idiot bass player plays his bass at a reasonable height. That put me off them for a long time more than their early tweeness in the shadows of grunge.
TBH he redeemed himself a lot by funding the build of The Fortitude

Out of the group of 5 of us that have lions membership. Only 2 of us inc me upgraded to September member. If the lions make it. I wonder what the splits for both teams will be?
15,000 each plus AFL hierarchy after they all quarantine ?

Out of the group of 5 of us that have lions membership. Only 2 of us inc me upgraded to September member. If the lions make it. I wonder what the splits for both teams will be?
15,000 each plus AFL hierarchy after they all quarantine ?

We have four of our seven. The nieces didn't get it cause they wouldn't have come to Melbourne for it. Will be a meltdown if we make it and it's here.

God the tears from WEagles supporters on the main board are so so funny. They're trotting out every single argument previously used to justify why the grand final can never leave the MCG. And also accusing Gil of wanting a holiday in QLD, which to be fair is quite a funny conspiracy theory.

God the tears from WEagles supporters on the main board are so so funny. They're trotting out every single argument previously used to justify why the grand final can never leave the MCG. And also accusing Gil of wanting a holiday in QLD, which to be fair is quite a funny conspiracy theory.
next will be he befriended the owner of bettys burgers to help close of hastings street Noosa for a GF parade ...

We have four of our seven. The nieces didn't get it cause they wouldn't have come to Melbourne for it. Will be a meltdown if we make it and it's here.
the melts have started on the other 3 in our group. They tried buying septmeber membership today and i laughed. I bought mine roughly in mid July. I think I snuck in.

September Member codes will be a worth a pretty penny this year then. There's probably a few of us Melbourne members with the September Member upgrade that committed to the club at the earliest opportunity who won't be able to attend any finals this year due to Covid.

I helped a couple of you folk out last year with codes for the games in Brisbane given I couldn't get up there, so imagine what they are worth this time round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

September Member codes will be a worth a pretty penny this year then. There's probably a few of us Melbourne members with the September Member upgrade that committed to the club at the earliest opportunity who won't be able to attend any finals this year due to Covid.

I helped a couple of you folk out last year with codes for the games in Brisbane given I couldn't get up there, so imagine what they are worth this time round.

Lol well start the bid at $10 to buy today and no refund required if the Lions bomb out and don't make it to the GF.
You could make a small fortune

How much was the September Member Upgrade, $40.
That’s probably a good place to start.
But the ballot for the games up here have only gone out to Brisbane members? Is that correct?
So maybe they won’t be offered to members from Melbourne anyway? Dunno?

These days turned out nothing like I had planned...

a948271a1a8d5380195e47b7ac85afa638daa97d

I hope the GF is pitched as a festival of sport type thing.......encourage friends/people of all sports to get along and support a unique event in Queensland sporting history and to promote the state as a sporting state that the other states don't give it credit for...

Make a real big deal of it.

The friendly GF .... welcome to Queensland!

PowderFinger ok.....Guy Sebastion would be good too, has some good catchy songs. Even Johnny Farham, might be an oldie but he still gets people up and singing along. They are real showmen.

Need music that is bright and bouncy..

Last edited:
How much was the September Member Upgrade, $40.
That’s probably a good place to start.
But the ballot for the games up here have only gone out to Brisbane members? Is that correct?
So maybe they won’t be offered to members from Melbourne anyway? Dunno?
I was being facetious anyway.

I wouldn't ever look to profit from something like that, hence why I was happy to help a couple of my fellow posters on here last year. :thumbsu:

I've got absolutely no idea where the below is from, but god it would be funny if Port and WC won home qualifying finals and then had to 'host' prelims in QLD.

Meanwhile, Queensland is expected to secure hosting rights for both preliminary finals as part of the agreement.

But Port Adelaide and West Coast are set to receive the green light to host potential qualifying or elimination finals at home.

The finals series could also begin on a Wednesday night.

so now we need a grand final chant for games - pile the pressure on. Wouldn't it be the dream - lions win the home grand final the only time it will ever be in their home state.

The sulky southerners can whine all they like because the fact is every team goes out every week to win the game, and if you do that you win the premiership. And then we'll win three of the next four to rub their faces in our superiority that allows to win any game, any where.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back