Review Round 14 vs North Melbourne @ Metricon Stadium (30/8/20 at 6:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Swallow did not tag LDU. Did that North supporter even watch the game?

James Brayshaw IQ = 4
It would have been hard to keep track of the game with your eyes constantly tearing up

That's hilarious given 2 of their goals were from a soft 50m and a non mark :drunk:
Literally half their goals from dodgy umpiring decisions... That's sad.

Just want to comment on Corbett after re-watching the game.

If we can forget his goal kicking for a second, that was easily his best game so far. I would say he was one of the better players. He knows and suits our game plan. Many times he served as a link and bailed out the team with a contested mark on the wing. Elite pressure, running all day, team first, executed some great tackles (some not rewarded) and kicks.

OK, his set kicks were a disaster. He was not alone. I believe he can make them once he starts to believe he belongs and settles down. I watched him in the NEAFL preseason game. He kicked if I remember correctly 5 goals from everywhere, including difficult angles. Give him a bit more time.

Not sure why so many players missed kicks. It almost looked like they were too desperate and exhausted from hard work when kicking. With a bit more confidence they would be toying with North. Many times players did not see free teammates inside 50. It will come.

Last edited:
Just want to comment on Corbett after re-watching the game.

If we can forget his goal kicking for a second, that was easily his best game so far. I would say he was one of the better players. He knows and suits our game plan. Many times he served as a link and bailed out the team with a contested mark on the wing. Elite pressure, running all day, team first, executed some great tackles (some not rewarded) and kicks.

OK, his set kicks were a disaster. He was not alone. I believe he can make them once he starts to believe he belongs and settles down. I watched him in the NEAFL preseason game. He kicked if I remember correctly 5 goals from everywhere, including difficult angles. Give him a bit more time.

Not sure why so many players missed kicks. It almost looked like they were too desperate and exhausted from hard work when kicking. With a bit more confidence they would be toying with North. Many times players did not see free teammates inside 50. It will come.
100% Corbs has to stay, perfect 3rd tall in this day and age with his physical profile and overhead marking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know it's funny how we get "coaches" to try and teach things like kicking for goal but I bet Sammy Day could look at what Josh is doing and help him
Sam's as close to the player at The Suns who'd you'd lay the kids and house on to kick for goal for you I reckon
If Corbett starts kicking goals he becomes a very very different category player
He kicks 1-2 a match and people are starting to sit up and take notice

You know it's funny how we get "coaches" to try and teach things like kicking for goal but I bet Sammy Day could look at what Josh is doing and help him
Sam's as close to the player at The Suns who'd you'd lay the kids and house on to kick for goal for you I reckon
If Corbett starts kicking goals he becomes a very very different category player
Peter Wright isn't doing anything, that man is an amazing kick for goal, get him to give Josh a few pointers.

Relax Brent Daniels from GWS has played all year as a full time forward and has 1 goal to his name. Aslong as Corbo is doing the team thing and not a passenger then thats all good from me. As mentioned above, his work rate is elite and his marking presence is what we need when plenty of times this year we have turned it over so many times at half forward. He can clearly kick bags in NEAFL, it will all come to him soon.

I'll take lukosius. Tate Kaesler would be the one to work with him from what I understand. He was fantastic on the weekend though, his work rate allows king and day to stay dangerous in our 50.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

We just need a teammate to stand a few rows back, directly behind the goals. Seriously give him lots of goal kicking practice. The rest of his game is tracking well.
That’s exactly what my Dad said to me, imagine you are kicking to someone 5 rows deep. Rarely missed a straight forward goal after that

Peter Wright isn't doing anything, that man is an amazing kick for goal, get him to give Josh a few pointers.
I can see it now, His advice is

run at the ball trailed by a much smaller opponent, get pushed out of the way I n the marking contest and watch the ball rebound to the other end of the field, give a weak chase and then motion to the bench for a rotation as you are gassed from your magnificent effort. Cash 400k cheque

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back