GABBA to host Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

God the tears from WEagles supporters on the main board are so so funny. They're trotting out every single argument previously used to justify why the grand final can never leave the MCG. And also accusing Gil of wanting a holiday in QLD, which to be fair is quite a funny conspiracy theory.
Lets hope they r left with redden faces crying yeoooooooo what could of been........

“Why wouldn’t you have it at the next biggest stadium it doesn’t make sense!?”
Such a simpleton thing to say. No other way to put it.

Just a thought:

IF we make the GF and IF Melbourne members retain their September member privileges but can't use them and IF they don't have anyone specific to pass them onto there could be a pretty decent opportunity for a fund raising raffle amongst Brisbane Lions members. Money raised donated to Alan Christensen's project of choice - he's involved in a few I believe.

If the GF is at the Gabba it will be such a kick-on for Afl in the northern states and a large kick in the pills for the other codes.......bring it on.....its time.....it makes business sense.

Chnl 7 n 9 news both said Gil will most likely announce tomorrow it will be a night GF at the Gabba

Hope we can have an extra public holiday for the day before the Grand Final (like they do in VIC)
That would be great 😃👍

Gut wrenching for us down here that we won't have any chance to attend, unless I can find an exemption allowing me to travel to Brisbane for work.

Be interesting to see how the club deal with September members based in VIC if we happen to make it.

I hope the GF is pitched as a festival of sport type thing.......encourage friends/people of all sports to get along and support a unique event in Queensland sporting history and to promote the state as a sporting state that the other states don't give it credit for...

Make a real big deal of it.

The friendly GF .... welcome to Queensland!

PowderFinger ok.....Guy Sebastion would be good too, has some good catchy songs. Even Johnny Farham, might be an oldie but he still gets people up and singing along. They are real showmen.

Need music that is bright and bouncy..

Bring Barry Gibb (the Bee Gee?) back to Brisbane

I have a feeling COVID will kick off again in the next month - likely override any AFL management plans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the GF is pitched as a festival of sport type thing.......encourage friends/people of all sports to get along and support a unique event in Queensland sporting history and to promote the state as a sporting state that the other states don't give it credit for...

Make a real big deal of it.

The friendly GF .... welcome to Queensland!

PowderFinger ok.....Guy Sebastion would be good too, has some good catchy songs. Even Johnny Farham, might be an oldie but he still gets people up and singing along. They are real showmen.

Need music that is bright and bouncy..
Is Sheppard not a band based in Brisbane or from Brisbane. What about this as an option and also a play on words for the AFL game as well

heard interview with Buckley and goodwin and they were pushing the idea of Grand Final to be played in Perth re money and Hardwick was not having a problem and even advertising should be in Brisbane as they deserve it. First happy thing i will say about anything to do with Richmond all year.

Why do the entertainers have to be from Qld? Just because a band or singer is famous doesn't mean their song/s are the right fit for the GF.

Just have to go back to some of the failures at past GF's, who have been well known and liked .....and the successful one's e.g Lionel Ritchie who had the crowd rockin'

Get the best entertainer who sings songs everyone knows and can sing along too...

Why do the entertainers have to be from Qld? Just because a band or singer is famous doesn't mean their song/s are the right fit for the GF.
Because they're not letting anyone else in. :tearsofjoy:

Charter a plane for us would be a start. ;)

As I mentioned in the members thread, if we happened to make it through to the GF and the number of tickets made available to our members exceeded the number of September members regardless of location, I would expect to be given the opportunity to purchase one, and what I do with it is my prerogative. I’ll be utterly filthy if we made it and I was not afforded that opportunity based purely on the fact that I reside in Victoria.

Wow if this isn’t motivation for boys to make the GF this year, I don’t know what is, just hope we don’t play our bogey side Richmond😧

As I mentioned in the members thread, if we happened to make it through to the GF and the number of tickets made available to our members exceeded the number of September members regardless of location, I would expect to be given the opportunity to purchase one, and what I do with it is my prerogative. I’ll be utterly filthy if we made it and I was not afforded that opportunity based purely on the fact that I reside in Victoria it is illegal for me to attend.

FTFY.

I would expect Ticketek and the AFL (remember, they control ticketing, not the Lions. The Lions just control priority buckets) to provide access to everyone because there may be people registered with Victorian addresses residing in Queensland or other states, for example, unless the state government or someone steps in.

OTOH using that to purchase tickets when you cannot attend would also be a dick move given it would deprive other Lions supporters of the opportunity to attend.

Just have to go back to some of the failures at past GF's, who have been well known and liked .....and the successful one's e.g Lionel Ritchie who had the crowd rockin'

Get the best entertainer who sings songs everyone knows and can sing along too...
This is an extremely unique opportunity MacMum, the AFL Grand Final has never been held outside of Melbourne before and won’t be again for Atleast the next 40 years.
This is an amazing opportunity for which ever State wins the race to showcase themselves in a way that may never happen again.
And if it is given to Qld it needs to be done in a uniquely Qld way, to showcase Qld and the AFL in a combined and united way.
When it is at the MCG, the showcase is the Game.
This year it needs to be a celebration of life and the game In this Pandemic year where nothing in life has been the same.
Including the AFL Grand final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back