AFL 'Bet of the Round' POTY

Should we allow members 1 pass per year?

• YES

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
iluvparis NonPhixion

~24 hours to go before you get your 3 bets in. If you dont, I am automatically awarding myself Punter of The Year title. :drunk:

Im kinda hoping neither of you send me in your bets.:$

Just on that, if your bet is voided, there is no opportunity to resubmit another bet. Hence pick wisely and be aware of late players potentially being an out.

Its all about strategy and being the most cunning and astute of all punters in this Grand Final.

balmainforever Chism can you please make this thread a sticky if possible just till this time next week? Thanks. The winner deserves to be acknowledged widely on this forum, to achieve punter of the year in AFL is no easy feat esp with all the bs rules I have made ad hoc on the fly.

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm going with Carl +0.5 4th qtr $1.90 TAB. 2nd ranked team vs 8th + a 9 day break vs 6.

Carl in pretty good form and Coll only really betting the easybeats. I did like Carl, but that has tempered a little with some quality coming in for Coll - Quaynor, Mihocek, Stephenson although Sidebottom misses.

Jun 13, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
7 wins, 7 losses this round. Hellboy101 shoots up to 7th with a nice $4.17 winner. langdon19 missed his first bet of the year, but i'll still be tailing. NonPhixion takes out the coveted Brown/Gardner/Gowers trophy this week for a total fail 3-leg GS multi, but probably isn't too phased being on 101%. mouncey2franklin putting in a late bid to coach the crows going 0/7 so far. Some nice patience from a few others to wait for the Suns game to get on.
Going to take some serious commitment to stay on top of things in FootyFest 2. Let's see who comes out on top.
FYI: Tips made after the bounce of a game can't be accepted. Even 2 mins.

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 20.43.47.png

Sausage Legs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
After Mitch Wallis dogging the boys and ruining a 4.50 multi opting for:
Strait out bet365 2.38
Tiges beat freo, gws beat blues, melb beat Syd.
Josh kelly not playing but not too fussed. Deboer back should go to Cripps to nullify.
Tiges simply too strong across board and still just can't rate the swannies. Gawn should feed his mid brigade enuf.

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lot's of good betting games this round. I'm going to get in early with GWS -8.5 $1.90 SB. Carl very disappointing 2nd half and now run into a 4 day break which has been very detrimental to most teams. GWS only get 5 days but they should be up and about. I think they might be going to go on a nice run. If Riccardi becomes a nice third option behind Greene and Cameron they start to look quite potent.

I also like a nibble on 40+, 2nd half line and 4th qtr line.

squeaky1000

Team Captain
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
SGM: Gaff 20+, Shuey Sheed Kelly McGrath Shiel 15+ $1.90 lads

Two pretty high disposal teams and once again targeting a game with no likely tags or role changes. 6 consistent players with high cba's.
This season: Gaff 20+ 10/13, 15+: Shuey 9/11, McGrath 13/13, Shiel 10/11, Sheed 11/13, Kelly 13/13

OhhDeledio

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Matt Crouch 30+ @ 3.10 bet easy

Mids have been allowed to do as they please against the Hawks this year with 5 players going 30+ against them in their last 4 (Merrett 36, Mcgrath 32, Boak 34, gaff 33, Brayshaw 33) and 18 players going 27+ in their last 10. We all know mrouch is a certified ball magnet and I think we should see him get his first 30 touch game for the year (40 touches in this match up last year).

Sorry people, got no idea what's going on with the missing posts in here.
Contacted admin. DM me if you can't get your bet up.

My Stengle bet from yesterday is missing.

Stengle AGS 1u@$1.95 365

Sausage Legs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
After Mitch Wallis dogging the boys and ruining a 4.50 multi opting for:
Strait out bet365 2.38
Tiges beat freo, gws beat blues, melb beat Syd.
Josh kelly not playing but not too fussed. Deboer back should go to Cripps to nullify.
Tiges simply too strong across board and still just can't rate the swannies. Gawn should feed his mid brigade enuf.
Wouldn't be annoyed if I got a life ban for adding dees in anything that resembles a bet of the week

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Apologies I’ve been busy, haven’t done enough homework so stuck with what’s left for this game.
jaidyn Stephenson 2+ $3.10 -SB
Hasn’t been his best this year, but I think the 2 weeks off he had before coming back last week did him well. Looked sharp against Carlton, kicked 2.4, so should have honestly kicked a bag. Looking at the match-ups I see him as the most likely Collingwood forward and I think we could see him more as the deep isolated forward tonight, Brisbane really don’t have a great matchup for him that I can see. Hopefuly see the return of the Spaceman here

Ohh Ok

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Taking on iluvparis here...

Brisbane 1-39, Neale 25+, Pendlebury 20+ @ $3.48 (lads)

Pendles 9/10 on 20+ boosted by the absence of Sidebottom and Treloar. Played somewhat of a negating role on Cripps which saw him fall under last week. Will need a stand up performance to give his team a chance tonight.

Neale is 10/13 on 25+ and has fallen under the last two weeks. Copped attention from Steele and had a tough one against North who tend to strangle teams a bit, still finished on 24. A rest will have done him wonders and a weakened pies midfield should provide him with plenty of chance to accumulate. Big night for him.

Lions vs Pies on their home deck. Lots to play for here for each team. A win puts the Lions in a healthy top 4 spot and a great chance to win the flag. A bye will do them the world of good too. Pies have been managing plenty of injuries and have been scraping through getting it done imo, credit to them. Everything looking to be in the Lions favour this season with GF announce at the Gabba. Plenty to play for and no better chance for a flag. Lions too good tonight.

Sausage Legs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Dogs +7.5 line and Darling to kick a snag. 2.60. sportsbet
Missing Yeo and Shuey in the guts, Dogs have had a couple days extra rest and need to win, the slippery sunday nite metricon should suit the dogs as the eags like to control ball in air more. Would love the eags to win but reckon this one goes against us.

Back