Autopsy Round 15, 2020: Hawks lose to the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry should have said that it had Minority report written all over it.

The movie is okay but I really love the short story. If you have never read Philip K Dick, you're in for a treat.

Only realised late last night that we had a 5 day break and Crows had the bye. Wow, that’s some great scheduling right there AFL.

Thanks!

I really feel for JOM, Wingard and Mitchell who were sold a lie, and will be wasting the peak of their careers playing in a bottom four team.
Dont agree at all .

Success in sport isnt a given .
They chose to come for whatever their own reasons were.

If they were told we would win flags , play finals every year and signed solely because of that , well fool them to be honest .

Plenty of players have left their club for success and it doesnt work out.

Whos to say in 2-4 years we arent playing finals again when they are still playing.

Dont agree at all .

Success in sport isnt a given .
They chose to come for whatever their own reasons were.

If they were told we would win flags , play finals every year and signed solely because of that , well fool them to be honest .

Plenty of players have left their club for success and it doesnt work out.

Whos to say in 2-4 years we arent playing finals again when they are still playing.

Just ask Nathan Buckley about how hard it is to win a premiership. Unless they salute soon the poor guy will go down as the Daniel Kowalski of the AFL.

Minch showed a bit last night. Takes it on, has acceleration, nice kick, knows where the goals are.
If he has the capacity to get a bit fitter and run through the middle I can see value in retaining him. But he wouldn’t want to do a hammy before the end of the season...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Howe was solid. Showed composure and good skills. Only wish he had more of the footy as he can actually hit a target by foot. Connected with scrimshaw a couple of times.

hanrahan has a very quick mind but his skills don’t match. He needs to slow it down and just absorb the pressure for a moment or two longer and make better use of it.

i Really liked obrien in defence. Had 3 intercepts in one quarter. Scrim, who played well, had 6 for the game. Id be ok with O’Brien moving back and Patton replacing ceglar next week If fit. If it all goes bad we can move Lewis to defence for some development and O’Brien back forward.

If he has the capacity to get a bit fitter and run through the middle I can see value in retaining him. But he wouldn’t want to do a hammy before the end of the season...
He looks way too thick in the upper part of his body. If he's going to cut it at AFL level then he most definitely needs to trim down a fair bit. Talent isn't the guys problem its just wether his body can hold up and allow him to get his skin folds down so he can be more agile.

I mean, this was predictable. I don't know what Clarko thought would happen by omitting blokes who actually performed well last week and bringing back in the old brigade but it panned out essentially as I thought it would. I wasn't even upset about it.

On the plus side, Scrimshaw is showing what he can do when given more responsibility, and he'll continue to get better as a footballer in 2021.

All of this said - I'm still not certain that this is the end for the Hawks. We've still got enough good players at the right ages to give the finals a good tilt for a few years, all we need is a refresh.

List trims to 35 and need to account for drafted players coming in as well as potential trades/FA. No chance

was scully not one of our better players last night?
Is this an accomplishment worthy of celebration? He may have gotten a few touches but were they influential? His softness and 40kg frame is a liability in general play.

Is this an accomplishment worthy of celebration? He may have gotten a few touches but were they influential? His softness and 40kg frame is a liability in general play.

well i thought he was our most dangerous player when he had the ball so that would suggest they were influential

he also laid a really hard tackle and copped a hit or two

scully has been worthy of criticism this year but the fact people are still calling for his head after his performance last night just shows the degree of bias that the game is being watched with. there were probably 15-16 players that deserve to be dropped before scully based on yesterday's performance, yet most people are only on about Scully, Stratton, Ceglar, and TOB.

well i thought he was our most dangerous player when he had the ball so that would suggest they were influential

he also laid a really hard tackle and copped a hit or two

scully has been worthy of criticism this year but the fact people are still calling for his head after his performance last night just shows the degree of bias that the game is being watched with. there were probably 15-16 players that deserve to be dropped before scully based on yesterday's performance, yet most people are only on about Scully, Stratton, Ceglar, and TOB.
Yeah Scully was good. If only the inside mids could have won more of the ball and pressured the opposition a bit, he may have got more ball on the outside...

List trims to 35 and need to account for drafted players coming in as well as potential trades/FA. No chance
There is a reason he and glass and some others are playing ahead of guys like Moore, Ross and Walker. We are looking at them with a view of making a decision on them when lists are cut.

I mean, this was predictable. I don't know what Clarko thought would happen by omitting blokes who actually performed well last week and bringing back in the old brigade but it panned out essentially as I thought it would. I wasn't even upset about it.

On the plus side, Scrimshaw is showing what he can do when given more responsibility, and he'll continue to get better as a footballer in 2021.

All of this said - I'm still not certain that this is the end for the Hawks. We've still got enough good players at the right ages to give the finals a good tilt for a few years, all we need is a refresh.

With out having to come out and say I think Clarko knew exactly what was going to happen. He pretty much said in the below article that winning albeit valuable isn't the be all end all with where we find ourselves this season. Read between the lines mate… we weren't trying to win that game last night and are just going through the motions to get this COVID affected season over and done with. The cue has finally been put in the rack (hopefully not too late draft pick wise) and the main mistake Clarko is making I feel is not blooding a new youngster while the season is shot. I got a gut feel we'll finally see Finn debut against the Saints on Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back