Club song changed

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
When was the club song changed?
I thought that it seemed much shorter at the game yesterday, with a lot of the non-verbal part cut out - turns out it is. Its about 25 seconds shorter now. Thoughts?

New Song (footage from yesterday game):

Old Song:

Last edited:
I thought that it seemed much shorter at the game yesterday, with a lot of the non-verbal/musical part cut out - turns out it is. Its about 25 seconds shorter now. Thoughts?

Old Song:

COVID restrictions. Every club needs a 33% reduction in Team Song length

The AFL had them all changed and altered slightly back in 2018.

This is unrelated to that. The club opted not the use the re-recorded song the AFL had for us back in 2018, opting to instead continue using the song we've used for ages (which has now been shortened)

I think it's an improvement, that extended musical section between verses always felt a bit awkward with everyone clapping along waiting for the lyrics to kick in again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opened this thread hoping to read that the 'and we're known as the Adelaide Crows' line had reverted to the original 'we're the Mighty Adelaide Crows'
Opened this thread hoping the American marching tune had been given the arse and the Crows had come up with an entirely new song ...tune and lyrics.

I thought that it seemed much shorter at the game yesterday, with a lot of the non-verbal part cut out - turns out it is. Its about 25 seconds shorter now. Thoughts?

Old Song:

Radio edit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old Song:

Never been a fan of our song in comparison to other club's songs. You can tell players don't overly enjoy signing it. Sorry but it's lame and doesn't create player buy in. Would prefer a war cry or chants. Why be like everyone else?

Good for pregame.
"Best Football Chants Compilation || HD" on YouTube

Chants
"World's Best Football Ultras Chants With Translated Lyrics Part 1 | Boca Juniors, Napoli, Celtic etc" on YouTube

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back