Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Right

Proof will be wat people do between now and next season and more importantly the next decade of Recession

So if he thinks meaningless SurveyMonkeys, Raffles, $100 a ticket Raffles and screwing around with Reserve Seats/allowing on sale of tickets to Opposition Members, are going to keep unemployed families interested he is in for a rude shock.

I certainly don't think he was looking that deeply into it. Only reflecting on the current situation and hoping its a one off anomaly no doubt.

Clearly its going to be a tough few years by the look.

I believe he was referring to the considerable uplift in social/digital content that has proven populace and unlikely to be rolled back as a result and I imagine a value for money benefit to fan engagement - arguable more so than some of the stuff you reference.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I was a specially selected Member today who was asked to spend $100 in a a Raffle to win tickets to this years Grand Final.

I ummmd and ahhhhhd and declined.

You're so..........."privileged"

I was a specially selected Member today who was asked to spend $100 in a a Raffle to win tickets to this years Grand Final.

I ummmd and ahhhhhd and declined.
I got the same call. Looked at it, thought it was a client, missed it sadly and then when I tried to call back immediately got a voicemail.
I called the club directly and they had no idea what it was for or who called. Professional organisation my ass.

Imagine having an authorised unknown 3rd party (this outsourcing by the club/league is so wrong) call your members who are feeling the impact of Covid19 and yet still donated their annual membership fee to keep the club financially supported during the pandemic. On top of that have the audacity to hit them up for raffle tickets to go to a grand final that will be held in another ******* state, that we wouldnt be able to attend as its not essential and we arent even in bloody contention. Blimey.

Like honestly its s**t like that which solidifies us as a glorified local footy club. We are so out of touch and have no sense of appreciation for what this city is going through.
Still charging for the scarf to be sent out too. s**t campaigners.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
Kangaroos
I got the same call. Looked at it, thought it was a client, missed it sadly and then when I tried to call back immediately got a voicemail.
I called the club directly and they had no idea what it was for or who called. Professional organisation my ass.

Imagine having an authorised unknown 3rd party (this outsourcing by the club/league is so wrong) call your members who are feeling the impact of Covid19 and yet still donated their annual membership fee to keep the club financially supported during the pandemic. On top of that have the audacity to hit them up for raffle tickets to go to a grand final that will be held in another ******* state, that we wouldnt be able to attend as its not essential and we arent even in bloody contention. Blimey.

Like honestly its sh*t like that which solidifies us as a glorified local footy club. We are so out of touch and have no sense of appreciation for what this city is going through.
Still charging for the scarf to be sent out too. sh*t campaigners.

I thought all the same as she rambled on not taking a breath but the 3 minutes had me tuning out on something more important.

Clever use of the mobile number to get us to pick up.

Disgraceful

Apr 27, 2008
I thought all the same as she rambled on not taking a breath but the 3 minutes had me tuning out on something more important.

Disgraceful
Mate I don't even try to be polite anymore. Once the spiel starts, I just hang up and block the number. Takes about 3 seconds

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul

Disgraceful

Reckon l must have got x 2 those the other day. But have a " golden " rule. Unidentified no. Hoj. doesn't answer. Send me a text. " Hoj. it's me. Pick up " 👍

"We've learned what we sort of already knew," said Amarfio. "Club membership is not transactional it has much more to do with identity communication and clearly expanded content has become an even bigger priority."

JFC Ben would it kill you to just say we do it cos we love the club and it's a part of us.

Waussie

Nov 26, 2017

Like honestly its sh*t like that which solidifies us as a glorified local footy club. We are so out of touch and have no sense of appreciation for what this city is going through.
Still charging for the scarf to be sent out too. sh*t campaigners.
We aren't the only ones. A tiger supporter mate gets a call without fail every 3-4 weeks asking for a donation .

What are we at atm? And is it the final figure yet?

Just off the Website:

BA06227A-20FD-4E31-A25C-9E413088D4EB.png

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

I am still surprised the MCC is allowed to continue to exist in its current form. You should just be able to join, I am far too old now but I had no chance of knowing 2 full members (I think that is what you need) to put you on the list. It is a form of discrimination I think.

haha

Just received this email

[TD valign="top"]At the beginning of the year, North legend Glenn Archer said, “our members, our supporters, are the most passionate in the league.” At the time, I don’t think the great man himself could have predicted the year we’d have, or the levels to which you, our members, have supported our club.

Our club ranks among the highest for member retention, with more than 97% of members maintaining their support despite not being able to attend games. This statistic alone, shows our members, more than others, understand their contribution is more about belonging, and enabling the club to thrive into the future. Next week is member appreciation round and while we could never fully repay you for your generosity shown throughout this season, we have a lot in store to celebrate you, the lifeblood of our club.

Looking ahead to 2021, to show our appreciation for your support we are offering you a FREE upgrade to your membership for 2021 and want to assure you that we will go to any length to make sure you are looked after and feel valued.

Further to this, a price freeze will be placed on on all membership packages for 2021.

We have been working to provide members with more value through a new partnership with AIA which will not only benefit your health and wellbeing, but also puts money back in your pocket with significant rebates on offer for your North membership.

The importance of your continued support cannot be understated as we navigate unchartered waters and look ahead to next season. It will be incredibly vital for our members to continue supporting the Club financially in 2021, in order for the Club to remain financially strong despite the challenges it faces due to the current pandemic.

Further information regarding your free upgrade will be provided to you with your renewal notice.

While this year has been unprecedented and challenging for all of us, we hope things will quickly improve and go back to normal as soon as possible.

Another important change to note is in 2021, your membership card will be accessible via your mobile, with entry to stadiums moving away from plastic membership cards. You will still receive your member choice item and our Junior members will still receive their membership pack.

This decision has been made in conjunction with deep consultation with a large number of our members.

The reasons for this change are:

1. To comply with new health guidelines for safe stadium entry, including contact tracing

2. Easier access and convenience

3. Complexities with timing of the fixture due to Covid-19, that impacts the ability to deliver plastic membership cards in time

4. Benefits the Club through cost savings, while also enabling juniors to have better quality membership packs

5. Reduce unnecessary plastic

To make this transition easy, we will work with each and every member.

If the membership card is sentimental or important to you, members can opt to receive a souvenir card by calling Membership Services on 1300 526 427 after you have received your renewal notice.

Those currently without a smartphone, the club will have multiple solutions to ensure you can get into games with ease.

Please be patient as our membership staff work through this transition over the next six months. More information on how to access your membership via your mobile will be delivered shortly.

Once again, thank you for your support and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]Scott Wood

General Manager – Consumer[/TD]

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Just received this email

[TD valign="top"]
This decision has been made in conjunction with deep consultation with a large number of our members.

1. To comply with new health guidelines for safe stadium entry, including contact tracing

3. Complexities with timing of the fixture due to Covid-19, that impacts the ability to deliver plastic membership cards in time

4. Benefits the Club through cost savings, while also enabling juniors to have better quality membership packs

If the membership card is sentimental or important to you, members can opt to receive a souvenir card by calling Membership Services on 1300 526 427 after you have received your renewal notice.

Those currently without a smartphone, the club will have multiple solutions to ensure you can get into games with ease.

Please be patient as our membership staff work through this transition over the next six months. More information on how to access your membership via your mobile will be delivered shortly.

Once again, thank you for your support and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards[/TD]

[TD valign="top"][/TD]

Okay, who here has been canvassed?

...............waits for the dormant alt. accounts and new accounts to arrive................

No more membership cards..............because "plastic".

Just who are we placating here?

Just received this email

[TD valign="top"]At the beginning of the year, North legend Glenn Archer said, “our members, our supporters, are the most passionate in the league.” At the time, I don’t think the great man himself could have predicted the year we’d have, or the levels to which you, our members, have supported our club.

Our club ranks among the highest for member retention, with more than 97% of members maintaining their support despite not being able to attend games. This statistic alone, shows our members, more than others, understand their contribution is more about belonging, and enabling the club to thrive into the future. Next week is member appreciation round and while we could never fully repay you for your generosity shown throughout this season, we have a lot in store to celebrate you, the lifeblood of our club.

Looking ahead to 2021, to show our appreciation for your support we are offering you a FREE upgrade to your membership for 2021 and want to assure you that we will go to any length to make sure you are looked after and feel valued.

Further to this, a price freeze will be placed on on all membership packages for 2021.

We have been working to provide members with more value through a new partnership with AIA which will not only benefit your health and wellbeing, but also puts money back in your pocket with significant rebates on offer for your North membership.

The importance of your continued support cannot be understated as we navigate unchartered waters and look ahead to next season. It will be incredibly vital for our members to continue supporting the Club financially in 2021, in order for the Club to remain financially strong despite the challenges it faces due to the current pandemic.

Further information regarding your free upgrade will be provided to you with your renewal notice.

While this year has been unprecedented and challenging for all of us, we hope things will quickly improve and go back to normal as soon as possible.

Another important change to note is in 2021, your membership card will be accessible via your mobile, with entry to stadiums moving away from plastic membership cards. You will still receive your member choice item and our Junior members will still receive their membership pack.

Kind Regards[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]Scott Wood

General Manager – Consumer[/TD]
I am sentimental, I would like a card. Go and visit an Aussie recycler and see if he can conjure up a plastic card. Promote him as a sponsor. Deliver the cards in time?? For next season? Pish posh

I'm the same. And switching accounts on a mobile phone is annoying.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'm the same. And switching accounts on a mobile phone is annoying.

What if there's issues with the carrier? What if your battery goes flat?

This is another cluster *.