Review Changes vs Swans - AVB, Pickett, Hannan, Hibberd OUT - ANB, Fritsch, Harmes, Smith IN

Remove this Banner Ad

Cazaly Stadium in Cairns will be the 11th venue where a game for premiership points has been played between Melbourne and Sydney/South Melbourne, and only the 2nd venue outside of NSW and VIC, with the other being Manuka Oval in Canberra. It will be the 35th venue Melbourne has played at for premiership points and the 36th venue for Sydney/South Melbourne.

Good luck on Thursday!

Paul Roos in 2015: Jonesy, well done on your third BnF, but you're sacked.

Would have a helluva campaigner to sack on him BnF night and not tell him about it during the exit interviews 😂

Probably opens the door for Lockhart. Would prefer to just see Fritsch back and some shuffling around of other players.

I want Fritsch back (in the side) too. Frustrating how he doesn't execute his chances consistently but I still can't help but feel that one day it will all just click, even if for one glorious game, and he'll kick a huge bag.

If you're bringing in Fritsch, might as well bring in Bennell just to stand next to him and take his shots when he marks inside 50 a la Adelaide game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harmes named forward hopefully the campaigner plays there. lose alot of pressure for 3 crabs

Might be an unpopular opinion but I think Spargo may have played his last game for the club.
Bloke's an absolute dud, he's a (very) small forward, but he has not had a single tackle inside 50 the last two games and only 2 from his 5 games this year. Compared to kozzy, who has 12 for the year at an average of 1.1, which is above average. If you are playing in the forward line, you have to apply pressure which he is not doing, no wonder that the dogs were able to waltz out of their backline so easily. Charlie, it's time for you to (Spar) go
Ok Spargo has his faults which we've all seen but in the last quarter against the saints he locked Wilkie in a fierce tackle and put enough acid on Hill and Jones to force turnovers. In a game of inches these efforts were bloody important. Spargo will never set the AFL world on fire but to call him an absolute dud is wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back