Results falling our way...

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I thought this would create a bit of fun and potentially give us some excitement for the rest of the season. As I pointed out in another thread, we have an opportunity to finish in our highest ladder position ever if some results fall our way and if a lot of things go our way then there's even a possibility of finals but that's a long shot at this stage. Our best ever finish came in 2014 when we ended the season in 12th position and we're currently sitting 13th on the ladder right now.

So we'll start off by listing the games that we would like to fall our way this weekend:

Tuesday - West Coast (5) to beat Essendon (11)
Thursday - Sydney (16) to beat Melbourne (8)
Friday - Brisbane (3) to beat Collingwood (6)

Sydney beating Melbourne is probably a huge ask but if the other three results fall our way then it bodes well for us climbing the ladder. I'll detail next week's games and what we want to fall our way later this week.

Last edited:
The Eagles look a good chance to beat Essendon tonight. Result number one seemingly going our way.

West Coast got the win. It means we only need to win one more game than Essendon for the rest of the year to finish ahead of them on the ladder. Considering their remaining opponents are Geelong, Port Adelaide and Melbourne, I'd say there's an excellent chance we will finish higher than Essendon this year.

If that was a win rather than a draw over essendon we would be sitting 11th. Aw well, gonna be a nice little battle within the club to get us our highest finish

for the match tonight, we'd want Richmond to beat Fremantle (as much as I can't stand Richmond)
Freo are fighting back here. 7 point game now with still more than a quarter to go.

Tomorrow night is very important. Although it's unlikely to happen, we should all collectively be pulling for the Swans to beat the Demons in Cairns tomorrow night!

It may very well turnout that we have a huge say in whether Collingwood play finals this year Jen2310 . The Pies play Brisbane, us and Port Adelaide in their remaining games this year. If the other two games not involving us go according to ladder positions then the game against us could very well be the difference between playing finals and not for Collingwood. In fact, if Collingwood were to lose all three games and we won our remaining three fixtures then we would actually jump ahead of the Pies on the ladder and possibly even play finals!

Anyway, it's in our best interests for Brisbane to beat Collingwood on Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While Brisbane could beat the pies, I'm not gonna be supporting that though lol for obvious reasons haha. Conflict of interest.
Of course not. You rightly want the win over Brisbane!

I was just laying out possibilities if results were to fall a certain way. If Brisbane ends up beating Collingwood and then lose to us then that would make for a really exciting game between our two clubs in round 17 but that's obviously not your preferred outcome.

We can jointly cheer on the Swans tomorrow night though :)

Of course not. You rightly want the win over Brisbane!

I was just laying out possibilities if results were to fall a certain way. If Brisbane ends up beating Collingwood and then lose to us then that would make for a really exciting game between our two clubs in round 17 but that's obviously not your preferred outcome.

We can jointly cheer on the Swans tomorrow night though :)
Yeah, I don't mind the swans. So Lets hope they can win over the dees. Also, friend and old co-worker, she goes for the swans.

Yeah, I do want to beat Brisbane. I always remember last years win against them at the Gabba. Easter weekend. It was my first time in Brisbane. Smacked them by 10 goals. Good night. I was staying at a hotel/apartment across the road from the Gabba, so all mum and I did was walk.

But things are very different this year. And I am prepared at losing that game. I think it's gonna be all about how the pies play, the forward line moreso than anything.

Yeah, I don't mind the swans. So Lets hope they can win over the dees. Also, friend and old co-worker, she goes for the swans.
MELBOURNE
In:
J.Harmes, B.Fritsch, A.Neal-Bullen, J.Smith
Out: M.Hannan (omitted), A.vandenBerg (omitted), M.Hibberd (ankle), K.Pickett (managed)

A lot of non-forced changes for the Demons tomorrow night. I wonder if that will hurt them and how they deal with the tricky 26 degrees and 65% humidity Cairns conditions late tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah, I do want to beat Brisbane. I always remember last years win against them at the Gabba. Easter weekend. It was my first time in Brisbane. Smacked them by 10 goals. Good night. I was staying at a hotel/apartment across the road from the Gabba, so all mum and I did was walk.

But things are very different this year. And I am prepared at losing that game. I think it's gonna be all about how the pies play, the forward line more so than anything.
That sounds like a fun memory. I've been fortunate enough to see the Suns win most times I've watched them play interstate and it's a nice feeling.

Brisbane haven't been very convincing lately. A 1 point victory over North and a 2 point victory over St Kilda. Having said that, it may have just been fatigue catching up with them and they are coming off a 9 day break with the bye as opposed to Collingwood on a 5 day break and are still yet to have their bye this year. Do you anticipate fatigue may be an issue for the Pies on Friday night?

MELBOURNE
In:
J.Harmes, B.Fritsch, A.Neal-Bullen, J.Smith
Out: M.Hannan (omitted), A.vandenBerg (omitted), M.Hibberd (ankle), K.Pickett (managed)

A lot of non-forced changes for the Demons tomorrow night. I wonder if that will hurt them and how they deal with the tricky 26 degrees and 65% humidity Cairns conditions late tomorrow afternoon.

That sounds like a fun memory. I've been fortunate enough to see the Suns win most times I've watched them play interstate and it's a nice feeling.

Brisbane haven't been very convincing lately. A 1 point victory over North and a 2 point victory over St Kilda. Having said that, it may have just been fatigue catching up with them and they are coming off a 9 day break with the bye as opposed to Collingwood on a 5 day break and are still yet to have their bye this year. Do you anticipate fatigue may be an issue for the Pies on Friday night?

Hard to say. Brisbane have come off a bye, and Pies 5 day break. Its nothing like the back to back 4 day breaks + 3 different states fixture we had not long ago. But anything is possible.
I think we'll know how they start. One forced change, with Mayne out for the rest of the H&A season -- from that clash with Cripps. Had to have surgery on his fractures cheek gone. I forsee Levi Greenwood coming in, Maybe to tag neale? We may make another change. Maybe Ruscoe for Cameron? Depends whether they want to go with the 3 talls again.

With seeing interstate wins, I've seen a couple. Last year against Crows in Adelaide -- First time I went back to where I used to live in about 10 years. The Brisbane game. Those two were my only interstate games. I try to go to a couple a year. Was planning on going to Perth and Sydney this year, but 2020 messed that up lol

I have never seen the suns win. Granted im a new fan and only went to one game. Last year at marvel v Carlton.

Last edited:
Results are falling our way!

Swans get the big upset win over the Demons.

with only lions vs pies to go this round, next round is:

roos vs power
saints vs hawks
cats
vs bombers
bulldogs vs eagles
dees vs dockers
crows
vs giants
blues vs swans
lions vs suns

bolded is who i'd assume we'd want to win for us to have the best chance of advancing up the ladder, correct?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back