Status
Not open for further replies.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Cliffs:
- Due to football department spending being slashed next year, it’s looking increasingly likely that West Coast will abandon the standalone reserves and revert to the old model of spreading players across all WAFL teams.
- Or they could continue the current arrangement of using informal scratch matches.
-Aligning with an existing club is seen as unlikely as it hasn’t worked well in the past, and a recent constitution change at Perth (the most obvious partner) makes it difficult to enter an arrangement with them.

It’d be extremely disappointing if we’re forced to ditch our reserves team, which is clearly the best model, because of league-wide cuts designed to support teams who are in a much more parlous financial position than us. Especially if those clubs are still able to field their own teams in the newly expanded VFL, which will now include teams from the NEAFL so will encompass 14 of the 18 AFL sides.

I‘m sure this apparent disadvantage to us, Freo and the SA teams will just be one of those unfortunate things that nothing can be done about, though.
so freo won't be alligned to Peel next year?

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Really don't mind either way if we have a reserves side or not. No evidence that it helps to develop our reserve players more compared to being at different clubs. I'd prefer the players spread out at different clubs than having a host club though.

Matsu

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Anus lace out to Reid. I'm ready.

Also, Scofield sporting one hell of a hair cut

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
That scrimmage footage posted to Twitter today against the Tigers looked to have all the intensity of Tuesday night mixed AFL 9’s...

Really hard for the depth players when they’re asked to step into the senior side with that as their only hit outs this year.

Mitch O’Neill involved for what I’m pretty sure is the first time all year.

Didn't see Johnson (chronic Partingtons) or Edwards though. Also no Waterman or Petruccelle.

Actually on a second watch I think I saw Edwards once or twice, and Petch was suited up in the huddle at the start but didn’t appear in any of the gameplay.

Last edited:

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
From very limited footage, Treacy & Reid looked lively. Camo looked to still be a bit underdone. Hammer, Braynus & Brander busy. Chol in the wings looks good.

Fivey where is MON? I didn't see him at all in that vid.

Actually yeah, like Petch he’s in the huddle at the start but not in any of the actual play.
F62022FA-FE9F-4228-80EF-B850D8537B01.png

Huge game for the Demons today in their pursuit of a first finals series in forever. You’d think we’ll beat the Swans, but ideally we need to make it a % boosting win as well.

Honestly, if we can’t make finals this year...*inhales deeply*

Up you mighty Red Legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back