GABBA to host Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Take your hand off it.

There is lucky to be 10,000 genuine Lions fans that have been consistent members for any length of time. Even then, probably only half of them pledged and upgraded the September option and of course they should be entitled to a ticket. But to suggest random Queensland fans that have never financially supported the club and feel entitled to a ticket when they'll be long gone when we are back languishing in the bottom 4 are more entitled to a ticket over Melbourne members that have pledged their 2020 membership with September upgrades and been a member and financially supported the club for well over 25 years is utterly absurd.

And if you think that Melbourne members (you know, people that love this club more than anything) would only try buying tickets to the GF to hold QLD fans to ransom, you are a dead set idiot and the suggestion is idiotic.

But sure, continue to make the argument that random Queensland theatre goers should be entitled to a GF ticket over any long standing Brisbane Lions member. :rolleyes:

I'm already amused by the number of people jumping on the bandwagon. So far we have two families who are going to buy memberships next year for the first time. One couple, who are using the two purchased tickets for tomorrow's game, came over last night to borrow jerseys and scarfs cause they don't want to wear the new ones they just bought until they've washed them a few times and made them look old. LMAO - they don't realise the sponsor logo gives the game away.

Great people, but I'd be mighty pissed if they could snag GF tickets and Long term members, including us, missed out.

I'm already amused by the number of people jumping on the bandwagon. So far we have two families who are going to buy memberships next year for the first time. One couple, who are using the two purchased tickets for tomorrow's game, came over last night to borrow jerseys and scarfs cause they don't want to wear the new ones they just bought until they've washed them a few times and made them look old. LMAO - they don't realise the sponsor logo gives the game away.

Great people, but I'd be mighty pissed if they could snag GF tickets and Long term members, including us, missed out.
Yep, the Brisbane theatre goers will be out in droves getting on the bandwagon, probably getting GF tickets if we make it, will never financially support the club or buy merchandise and will be nowhere to be seen, when we fall out of the eight or the Broncos start winning again, whichever one is sooner, until the Lions are back up there.

Hell, when I lived in Brisbane in 09 and 10, I got along to quite a few Brisbane Roar games, again when they were near the top of the table and getting very good crows of 13,000+ and now they barely get 2,000 people getting along. Same for the Reds. The state is full of fair weather supporters that only wants to watch a winning team. :rolleyes:

And people think any random Brisbane Lions fans should get priority over financially paying members of the club. :rolleyes:

And people think any random Brisbane Lions fans should get priority over financially paying members of the club. :rolleyes:

Who are these people thinking that?

Even if ticket allocations get limited by AFL action, surely only Lions members would get access - same as the usual GF procedure.

No need to worry, looks like at the very least every September member will get a ticket to the GF if we make it.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/09...s-on-ticket-allocation-for-gabba-grand-final/

McLachlan also said he was hopeful of making some tickets available to non-members through a general public sale.

“I think 31,000 are able to go (to the Grand Final at the Gabba) and high 20,000 will go to non-corporates,” McLachlan said on SEN Breakfast.

“We will prioritise members first and then hopefully there’s a public sale after that. There’s a couple of scenarios where all the tickets are taking up by members but we’ll certainly be prioritising members and the public.”

No need to worry, looks like at the very least every September member will get a ticket to the GF if we make it.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/09...s-on-ticket-allocation-for-gabba-grand-final/

McLachlan also said he was hopeful of making some tickets available to non-members through a general public sale.

“I think 31,000 are able to go (to the Grand Final at the Gabba) and high 20,000 will go to non-corporates,” McLachlan said on SEN Breakfast.

“We will prioritise members first and then hopefully there’s a public sale after that. There’s a couple of scenarios where all the tickets are taking up by members but we’ll certainly be prioritising members and the public.”
Not convinced by that, to have the Vic based members at the game it obviously requires entry to the state which won’t be an AFL decision...I’d be shocked if they offered tickets to Victorian based members at this stage to be honest; you’re talking about possibly 2-3,000 people coming from a potential hotspot into Queensland all at the same time.

Good news to hear it will be mostly fans though, September members should be able to get their hands on tickets no worries one would assume from that.

edit - just realised you never mentioned Vic fans...carry on

I’d be shocked if they offered tickets to Victorian based members at this stage to be honest
Yep, Vic members are just the worst so why bother offering them anything all the while holding your hand wanting their money, getting them to pledge despite knowing they’re getting nothing in return and enticing them to upgrade for a September upgrade.

No doubt the club should implement something similar for Brisbane fans if we make a GF in Melbourne in the future and give you nothing.:rolleyes:

On 612 abc radio (yes, I'm that old) they just announced that the chief health officer has now mandated a max of 20,000 spectators at the grand final, and that the number may change in either direction as we get closer.

That's not entirely how it played out - might have been misreported. Dr Young said the current capacity was 20, 000, with the aim of it being 30, 000 by grand final day but with no guarantee.

See below:

Yep, Vic members are just the worst so why bother offering them anything all the while holding your hand wanting their money, getting them to pledge despite knowing they’re getting nothing in return and enticing them to upgrade for a September upgrade.

No doubt the club should implement something similar for Brisbane fans if we make a GF in Melbourne in the future and give you nothing.:rolleyes:
What? Nothing to do with what I posted.

Surely the SUNS get allocated some tickets too.
Can't see that happening MM, no different to any other opposition club, their only chance will be if any tickets go on sale to the general public after competing team members get their share.

Horrible thought but if the unthinkable happens and we don't make it who do we go for if it's a Richmond v Collingwood GF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don't stop taking people's posts out of context and lying about what they're posting, you might need a break from this thread to calm down and stop trolling.

Last edited:
Can't see that happening MM, no different to any other opposition club, their only chance will be if any tickets go on sale to the general public after competing team members get their share.

Horrible thought but if the unthinkable happens and we don't make it who do we go for if it's a Richmond v Collingwood GF?
Didn't think I would ever say this but ......... Collingwood :'(

If it's not us, as always if a non-Victorian club is in the GF against a Vic club, I'll be going for the non-Victorian club despite being Victorian.

West Coast was the only victor in recent years (18) after Richmond beating both GWS (19) and Adelaide (17) and Dogs over Sydney (16) and Hawks over West Coast (15), Sydney (14) and Freo (13). Sydney was the only other in (12) over Hawthorn in recent years.

Pretty evident there is a distinct advantage to Vic clubs, not that they'd ever admit it. I really couldn't stand it if either Richmond or Geelong won it too. One of the non-Victorian clubs will do just fine, even if just to hear Victorian clubs and their fans whinge how disadvantaged they were the GF being played at the Gabba.

If it's not us, as always if a non-Victorian club is in the GF against a Vic club, I'll be going for the non-Victorian club despite being Victorian.

West Coast was the only victor in recent years (18) after Richmond beating both GWS (19) and Adelaide (17) and Dogs over Sydney (16) and Hawks over West Coast (15), Sydney (14) and Freo (13). Sydney was the only other in (12) over Hawthorn in recent years.

Pretty evident there is a distinct advantage to Vic clubs, not that they'd ever admit it. I really couldn't stand it if either Richmond or Geelong won it too. One of the non-Victorian clubs will do just fine, even if just to hear Victorian clubs and their fans whinge how disadvantaged they were the GF being played at the Gabba.

They can't admit an advantage, but the can own a disadvantage and whine like crazy about it.

Absolutely every non vic team, but if north every got near a gf I'd consider them. They've provided so much laughter over the years and I kinda feel sorry for them. Kinda

Absolutely every non vic team, but if north every got near a gf I'd consider them. They've provided so much laughter over the years and I kinda feel sorry for them. Kinda

I would've been ok with the Dogs as I'd always had a soft spot for them before seeing how entitled and obnoxious their fans became when the media started talking them up as the destined club in that finals series.

Now I suspect any fan base would end up the same so would rather none. Maybe in the future Melbourne or St Kilda given their history, but I suspect the above will end up being true in those cases too.

I would've been ok with the Dogs as I'd always had a soft spot for them before seeing how entitled and obnoxious their fans became when the media started talking them up as the destined club in that finals series.

Now I suspect any fan base would end up the same so would rather none. Maybe in the future Melbourne or St Kilda given their history, but I suspect the above will end up being true in those cases too.

Good thing that'll never happen to us.

I think the Queensland Premier will be hoping for two of Lions/Eagles/Port to make the GF.
That would at least bring tourist to the Brisbane region and some much needed $ to the economy.
Two Victorian teams on the other hand ?.
I'd like two of Lions to make the GF.

It'll be Australia v Australia A all over again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back