cats
vs bombers
bulldogs vs eagles
dees vs dockers
crows
vs giants
blues vs swans
lions vs suns

bolded is who i'd assume we'd want to win for us to have the best chance of advancing up the ladder, correct?
You've hit the nail on the head. If all those results were to occur then we would be just 2 points outside the top 8 with 2 winnable games to go!

Does tonights result matter? Because...

I need Carlton to win...

HAND ME A BUCKET. I NEED TO GET THAT DIRT FROM MY MOUTH....

Depends on what we're aiming for. If we're still aiming for finals then a Carlton win is preferred. If we're only concerned with our highest ever ladder finish, then we'd want GWS to win. I want finals so I say (begrudgingly) let's go Blues!

Depends on what we're aiming for. If we're still aiming for finals then a Carlton win is preferred. If we're only concerned with our highest ever ladder finish, then we'd want GWS to win. I want finals so I say (begrudgingly) let's go Blues!
Okay. Because it helps the pies too. lol

A wise man once told me, if you are relying on teams to win/lose to get you in, you dont deserve to be there
unfortunately, we don't control our own destiny to make it in to the finals this year, hence the reason for this thread haha. i don't expect us to scrape in, but it's nice to be in the conversation at least.

I won't harp on this because I know Jen is very invested but obviously it's in our best interests to have Brisbane to beat Collingwood tonight.

I won't harp on this because I know Jen is very invested but obviously it's in our best interests to have Brisbane to beat Collingwood tonight.
Yes it is. Hope it’s a tough game so they are tired for the Suns game!!

speaking of Brisbane, this feels different to other cross town rivalries- Queensland footy is strong when both teams are playing well. Of course we went to beat them but it really feels like we want each other to do well

speaking of Brisbane, this feels different to other cross town rivalries- Queensland footy is strong when both teams are playing well. Of course we went to beat them but it really feels like we want each other to do well

Speak for yourself Mr. My disdain for Brisbane in Everything from Rugby League to Lawn Bowls is very very deep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane's poor kicking in front of goal is a trend we'd love to see continue. Particularly given how many shots on goal we missed against the Roos.

As you pointed out, we want this to be a tough game too so they are completely exhausted by the time we face them on Wednesday night.

Lions looking beaten up, Neale looking very sore.
The game played out exactly the way we wanted it too.

Tough game. The Brisbane boys will be really sore after that one and now have a short break to back up against us. Harris Andrews getting injured obviously helps our cause as well.

I know people will say we're dreaming with this thread but ask yourself these questions: Can we beat Collingwood? Can we beat Hawthorn? Should Port Adelaide beat Collingwood in round 18? If the answer is yes to all those questions then all we have to do is beat a tired and injured Brisbane on Wednesday night to give ourselves a real opportunity to finish higher than the Pies/qualify for finals.

Dare to dream until it's officially over!

Highest we can finish is 8-8-1, we probably finish half a game outside, would need everyone around us to fall over.
Although the initial disappointment would hurt, I'm sure most of us would be really happy if we finished the season half a win outside the top 8. Really sets us up nicely for a big 2021 with Rowelly back and the additions of Davies/Jeffrey through our zone access as well as possibly a few nice additions through free agency/trading.

But for now finals remains a possibility so let's focus on the results that allow us to get there. The next result we'd like to go our way is Hawthorn beating St Kilda on Sunday but this isn't absolutely crucial. West Coast beating the Bulldogs on Sunday night would be good too.

a bye v 5 day break. I won't use that an excuse though.

But at least the result is good for the suns.
I'm hoping we can use the same conditions to replicate the result! 5 day break for the Lions and we're coming off a bye after our biggest win of the season. Confidence and energy should be high for us. Kingy should get a good run at the ball as well now that he won't have to match up on Harris Andrews.

Last edited:
I'm hoping we can use the same conditions to replicate the result! 5 day break for the Lions and we're coming off a bye after our biggest win of the season. Confidence and energy should be high for us. Kingy should get a good run at the ball as well now that he won't have to match up on Harris Andrews.
Lions are struggling, make no mistake. Suns have a real chance IMO. They got 4 out of their 5 goals in the first quarter, thanks to pies turnovers.
So be better and suns can win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back