Review Round 15 - vs Bye FC @ Home (Whenever you want o'clock)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a little complicated but the simple answer is that we packaged it with another pick to secure Brisbane's 2019 first rounder (pick 17). We then traded that pick and a second rounder to Carlton in order to secure pick 11 on draft night. We then used pick 11 to draft Sam Flanders.

So I guess you could say the Scrimshaw trade partially led to us securing Sam Flanders.
Ok I remember now this is another disaster where we gave up 2x pick 19,s and the Scrimsook pick to get pick 16.

so we gave up a top 7 pick, plus 2 pick 19s for pick 16.Only the ☀️ could do this

Ok I remember now this is another disaster where we gave up 2x pick 19,s and the Scrimsook pick to get pick 16.

so we gave up a top 7 pick, plus 2 pick 19s for pick 16.Only the ☀ could do this
Still doesn't beat the 2017 pick swaps that came out of nowhere.
We gave away 21, 26, 37 & our 2nd round pick in 2018 (19).
In return we got pick 50 (Crossley) and West Coast's first rounder. They won the flag! :drunk:
They select 2 stars in Liam Ryan (21) and Oscar Allen (26).
Clayton then immediately gets a job with West Coast.....

Adelaide were actually quite competitive in recent weeks. Talia, Sloan, B Crouch are back. They played OK.

I got quite amused listening to Clarko's presser. He constantly complained about HUB coditions, short breaks. When asked about rebuild through draft he talked about it's difficult because of compromised draft and then whinged 3 min about academies in QLD and NSW and Suns specifically with NT now added. He literally said 'Next Cyril Rioli will come through Suns'. What a sook. Completely forgetting all these F/S and NGA draftees joining Melbourne teams, 3rd party deals etc. He still thinks silverware is just around the corner.
* alastair clarkson

Still doesn't beat the 2017 pick swaps that came out of nowhere.
We gave away 21, 26, 37 & our 2nd round pick in 2018 (19).
In return we got pick 50 (Crossley) and West Coast's first rounder. They won the flag! :drunk:
They select 2 stars in Liam Ryan (21) and Oscar Allen (26).
Clayton then immediately gets a job with West Coast.....
Truely one of the great * ups, it gets better when you think that Clayton did this deal believing that Freo would accept the pick in return for Weller and then gave up pick 2 when they said GAGF

basically a deal that never had to happen

Andrews missing on Wednesday, massive. Improves our chances.
A little bit, but not enough.

Lions are really, really good. Their mids are unbelievable - without Rowell I don't think we have the cattle to expose our key forwards on their backs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little bit, but not enough.

Lions are really, really good. Their mids are unbelievable - without Rowell I don't think we have the cattle to expose our key forwards on their backs.
They're going to be coming off a 5 day, we know how much that can affect a team.

Neale looking really sore as well. I give us a decent chance. Lions would still be firm favourite, but I don't think we are too far away.

Firstly, Hush you ;)

Secondly, Yeah fair point. Should have done it Wednesday but been busy being miserable.

Stay tuned
Life is too short to be miserable mate, I’m a grumpy old *er on this forum But honestly life is short, too short to be miserable. There is alway a positive, for example you know me, massive positive for you ;)

Life is too short to be miserable mate, I’m a grumpy old f***er on this forum But honestly life is short, too short to be miserable. There is alway a positive, for example you know me, massive positive for you ;)
Yeah mate I hear you, Unfortunately sage advice going in one ear and out the other currently. Honestly most would consider it minor but something that's sticking with me, Hopefully I'll come good in time but I was a grumpy young *er before this so usual programming restored I guess.

But you're absolutely right, I do have the dubious pleasure of knowing you ;)

Annnnnnyway, Distracting from my personal problems - Game thread for this week is up, Get stuck in lasses and lads.

Lord_Flashheart Don't say I never do anything at work for you :cool:

Yeah mate I hear you, Unfortunately sage advice going in one ear and out the other currently. Honestly most would consider it minor but something that's sticking with me, Hopefully I'll come good in time but I was a grumpy young f***er before this so usual programming restored I guess.

But you're absolutely right, I do have the dubious pleasure of knowing you ;)

Annnnnnyway, Distracting from my personal problems - Game thread for this week is up, Get stuck in lasses and lads.

Lord_Flashheart Don't say I never do anything at work for you :cool:

you’ve listened to my ramblings at work before when I’ve turned up with too many drinks and bad manners both here and in real life, try not to let the world beat you down too much mate. You’re a good bloke and those here who know you personally will attest to that. Life sucks sometimes. But you have us. For what it’s worth

you’ve listened to my ramblings at work before when I’ve turned up with too many drinks and bad manners both here and in real life, try not to let the world beat you down too much mate. You’re a good bloke and those here who know you personally will attest to that. Life sucks sometimes. But you have us. For what it’s worth
Bless you Flashy.

I will have forever burned into my memory the night of your Christmas party at my work with you endearing yourself to my conferencing staff. (In the best possible way, Entertaining AF)

You're right though, I've got a great support network both on here and in real life that I'm very lucky to have. Thank you all for your energy.

and if the boys could win some games and make a miracle run so I can get blind celebrating it then all the better. ;)

Bless you Flashy.

I will have forever burned into my memory the night of your Christmas party at my work with you endearing yourself to my conferencing staff. (In the best possible way, Entertaining AF)

You're right though, I've got a great support network both on here and in real life that I'm very lucky to have. Thank you all for your energy.

and if the boys could win some games and make a miracle run so I can get blind celebrating it then all the better. ;)

was that when I decided to hop behind the bar and help myself to pouring my own drinks after the bar was closed? I fear I don’t recall that at all and any suggestion that I do shall be considered slanderous.

was that when I decided to hop behind the bar and help myself to pouring my own drinks after the bar was closed? I fear I don’t recall that at all and any suggestion that I do shall be considered slanderous.
I think that was simply just a case of you being the generous person that you are and not wanting to bother the staff while they attempted to pack up and getting yourself further liquored up in the process.

There was also you lot coming back through at 3 or 4am but that's definitely not a story for public consumption (Mainly because I don't remember that part)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back