Autopsy Round 15 – GWS Giants vs Carlton, Thursday 3rd September 2020, Metricon Stadium, 7.10PM

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea how we won that, but in saying that we dominated the 1st quarter and should of been at least 20 to 30 up.

Less said about the 2nd and 3rd the better and the 4th? Why? Why hold onto this for just one damn quarter?!?!?!

This game said more about the Blues than us, just as the Swans game showed they have a Bright future, this showed the blues are a very very long way off.

Haynes, Hill, Greene, Perryman, Riccardi, Ash

the clear standouts who put their hands up to play
Shaw was a godsend down back, his panic hustle saved probably three goals.

Keeffe played his role.

Guys like Taranto tried but failed to impact. Others who will remain nameless either didn't or made a negative impact.

Interesting to hear Hopper say they’re pacing themselves to play their best when they need to ( or words to that effect). Ballsy approach to still be thinking like that when on the edge of the eight.
They do seem to turn it on and off at will.

I couldn’t believe the lack of free kicks paid to the Giants. I thought most paid to the Blues were there. Too many missed our way throughout the game. The 50s not paid to Hill and another to Taranto just on 3/4 time when McKay ran close we’re very frustrating.

Interesting to hear Hopper say they’re pacing themselves to play their best when they need to ( or words to that effect). Ballsy approach to still be thinking like that when on the edge of the eight.
They do seem to turn it on and off at will.

The decision to slow play down before half time rather than take the game on was a head scratcher at the time but does confirm what Hopper is saying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geese some blokes on here throw the boot in so readily when things look bad

everyone is entitled to an opinion and to support their own way but that’s a key reason I’m not online during games... it’s a pretty negative space sometimes

Geese some blokes on here throw the boot in so readily when things look bad

everyone is entitled to an opinion and to support their own way but that’s a key reason I’m not online during games... it’s a pretty negative space sometimes
I always find the sky is falling posts in hindsight amusing when we go on to win

We just played a woeful Blues team where we were absolute garbage for 3 quarters and because we win the world is ok?

We have issues, now i dont know if its, covid, the coach, players not happy, but something is going on.
I think often emotions have us over stating how good or bad things are.
Thought we were ok in the first quarter didn't take our chances.
The next too we weren't good, but I don't think it was as horrible as people were saying.
Good last quarter.
Goal kicking was poor. We make a few of those shots and the talk is very different.

I think often emotions have us over stating how good or bad things are.
Thought we were ok in the first quarter didn't take our chances.
The next too we weren't good, but I don't think it was as horrible as people were saying.
Good last quarter.
Goal kicking was poor. We make a few of those shots and the talk is very different.
We always make excuses though, and im just as guilty, if we kicked those goals its a different story. Its a holdover from the 2012 to 2015 years where we were over the moon to win one quarter and could see the small wins.

that was horrid tonight.

We always make excuses though, and im just as guilty, if we kicked those goals its a different story. Its a holdover from the 2012 to 2015 years where we were over the moon to win one quarter and could see the small wins.

that was horrid tonight.
Don't think it was anywhere near horrid.
We certainly weren't good, but got the points, often a good sign.

We will see against Adelaide. I very very much hope you are right.

We got the points in a very bad performance against the Bombers and our next game was the no show derby.
Hopefully we're better..
We have won 5 of our last 7 and one of those losses is West Coast away..if it wasn't for the horrendous swans game the view would be building nicely.

Yeah, Jez was very poor tonight. Thought he might have turned a corner after the Freo game. I could happily accept him being dropped for Kelly to return - we wouldn't seem to be missing too much based on 80% of his recent games.

TBH, Cogs could go the same. He has been pretty poor in most games this season, tonight included. I don't think the captaincy has worked for him.

Hopefully they can work through their problems, but it's making it tough to watch them go around this year.

Yeah, Jez was very poor tonight. Thought he might have turned a corner after the Freo game. I could happily accept him being dropped for Kelly to return - we wouldn't seem to be missing too much based on 80% of his recent games.

TBH, Cogs could go the same. He has been pretty poor in most games this season, tonight included. I don't think the captaincy has worked for him.

Hopefully they can work through their problems, but it's making it tough to watch them go around this year.

I agree re Coniglio, I think the captaincy has put too much pressure on him and been detrimental.

From the outside he seems the guy but honestly Phil and Wardy worked better. Perhaps at seasons end he should have a think about that and maybe look to share that role with someone.

We don’t really have a demonstrative mid tier player that comes to mind, most of them are fairly quiet in their approach.

Anyways, will be interesting to see if he grows into the role or decides to share or abandon it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back