Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky GWS. Great game by the blues. 3 minutes of luck gave them the game. Their game plan is trash. We take the game on win contests the way the game was meant to be played. They sit 22 behind the ball all day. Luck. That’s it. Boys were ******* great. I couldn’t fault a think. Good luck 2021.
I legitimately hate this post.

Luck, that our system broke down and let them chip at our lead? Luck, that we made significant mistakes which lead straight to goals? Luck, that they kicked 4 goals in the final term to pinch the win from us, who kicked a single goal in three quarters? For *'s sake. I get the desire to support my team, but this reads like a strawman version of support. "I couldn't fault a thing"; we lost the ******* game!

"Their gameplan is trash" ; the same gameplan which bottled us at our end, and resulted in them beating us back to their half, not once, but 4 ******* times?

I cannot think of a single thing you got right in that post, beyond wishing the players well in 2021.

Cockatoo is an immense talent. Would suite us to a tee.

If we can get him cheap it would be worth a gamble to see what AR can do with him.

Problem is if Geelong are willing to let him go his body is either shot or the desire is just not there.

Maybe a wake up call can change things. Maybe.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Geelong don't trade out blokes that are going to make it.

Hard pass.

Surgeon f’ed my foot surgery up, coudn't do sh*t about it in the courts mate. It's way too tough to sue for malpractice in this country unless they actually leave the scalpel inside you, especially in CHarlies case they just argue the slip on tiles was unfortunate and supplied enough damage to the knee to ruin their good work.
Resist, Coona, resist. Do not go in to a long winded rant/expose of the effects of a surgeon's incompetence/indifference or the reluctance of their peers
to share in public what they are happy to attest in private, behind closed doors.

We are confident zac williams will join us this off season.
Still keen on Papley but won't sell the farm for him.
Also watch this space on Alex witherden from Bris.
Exactly the types we should be targeting.

Guys that can come in and impact from day 1.

Will lift everyone around them

I was getting a feeling that Witherdon would be losing patience at the Lions. A quality player who would suit our backline perfectly.

I really hope we get a couple of half backs in so it frees SPS to go back into the middle and work on his midfield class. He showed against the Doggies what he can do, just hope it becomes consistent with him doing so.

I also feel our forward structures are suffering with the inconsistency of not being able to have the same players playing every week due to injury. Our backline is showing that they are beginning to Gel together but still have moments where they get in each others way (like Willo and Jones did last night that resulted in a GWS goal).

I would imagine it is difficult for coaches to run scenario training with the team as well in between games. They cannot train in full groups and aren't having a day of training like they get in a normal season due to the travel and short turnaround times. Usually they would spend a day going through match scenarios, for example: run through what to do if we are up by 5 points with 5 mins to go, etc

I am going to put it this way: if we get both Witherden AND Williams, is there room for Doc behind the ball, or does he go into the midfield in conjunction with Williams?

Doc, Witherden and williams cannot all fit behind the ball, not alongside Willo, Polson, Simpson, SPS, Ramsay, LOB; all those spruiked on the HBF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DOOOPPEEE!

BK Joey digs this post, cheers C09.
Williams for the mid class. Paps to smear himself across half forward and replace Eddie, and Witho to join Willo and replace Simmo.

Get it done you non-SOS trade people!

I am going to put it this way: if we get both Witherden AND Williams, is there room for Doc behind the ball, or does he go into the midfield in conjunction with Williams?

Doc, Witherden and williams cannot all fit behind the ball, not alongside Willo, Polson, Simpson, SPS, Ramsay, LOB; all those spruiked on the HBF.

Williams is a midfielder who was forced to play back. For a look at his mid nous check last years prelim. Boy oh boy wowee type stuff.

Witho is Simmo's replacement if it happens.

Is it time for Doc to play as the big bodied mid beside Cripps ?
He has similar size to someone like Yeo from WC or do they play Zac Williams in this role ??

Maybe a midfield role discussion is what is swaying Williams....

Witherden will help our kicking skills off half back and couldn’t be any worse than Doc defending 1 on 1.

All smart comments, but we should holding 1 or 2 top 30 picks if possible, particularly our first rounder.

I fear Witherden will be too hard to pry away from Brisbane unless the Lions have TPP issues. Also spells the end of Simpson, Newman and one other senior defender IMO.

Williams on the wing

Williams is a midfielder who was forced to play back. For a look at his mid nous check last years prelim. Boy oh boy wowee type stuff.
Local NSW product Zac Williams was selected by the GIANTS with pick 55 in the 2012 NAB AFL Rookie Draft. The athletic half-back from Narrandera in southern NSW was the first GIANTS Academy graduate to play senior AFL when he made his debut in round five, 2013.
So, no he wasn't. Williams was recruited as a HBF, and while he has shown form at going into the midfield when required - I watched those games, too - that is a different thing altogether to consistently going into the midfield for long stretches during a 22 round season.

Williams comes over as a hybrid, who cannot dictate to the match committee/selectors where he wants to play. He'll play where he's picked, and he'll do as he's told; midfield AND half back.
Witho is Simmo's replacement if it happens.
This, I'm for.

End point is this: if we get both, we can't fit them all back there. It'd be a waste of Witherden to be in Doc's shadow, or to be a back pocket. What it'd mean is that it's a defensive wing or bust for Willo, and that Doc would want to be getting midfield minutes as well. It's not a bad thing, but it's still a problem worth mentioning.

You reckon if Dees miss the 8, they might entertain the idea of letting Viney walk? Would be a good fit for us and brings toughness which we lack. Also not 100% against Brad Crouch for the right price.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All smart comments, but we should holding 1 or 2 top 30 picks if possible, particularly our first rounder.

I fear Witherden will be too hard to pry away from Brisbane unless the Lions have TPP issues. Also spells the end of Simpson, Newman and one other senior defender IMO.
If the list size drops to 40 then all sorts of talented players will be dropping off lists.

Wonder how teams will be able to field a seconds even for scratch matches. We have only be able to field 12 list players at times. Take 6 off that list and teams with bad injury runs may be barely able to field a firsts

I also feel our forward structures are suffering with the inconsistency of not being able to have the same players playing every week due to injury. Our backline is showing that they are beginning to Gel together but still have moments where they get in each others way (like Willo and Jones did last night that resulted in a GWS goal).
The Jones/Willo stuff up actually gives weight to your first point about consistency. Last night Willo was doing more of the work that Plowman does, and less of the running half back/link up stuff. As this is a new role for him in the team, he didnt know whether he was supposed to block or gather and distribute. That goal wouldn't occur if both players were in their regular role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back