Toast Welcome to Freo Caleb Serong– Fremantle’s 2nd 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #8]

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
versus Richmond, with just under 4 minutes to go in the game, Serong fired out one of THE best handballs I've seen in my life (& I'm old)
if you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour!

skirk34

Debutant
Aug 31, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Philadelphia Eagles
versus Richmond, with just under 4 minutes to go in the game, Serong fired out one of THE best handballs I've seen in my life (& I'm old)
if you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour!
That was ridiculous. So good with his hands, Lachie Neale 2.0! Too often the small mids get overlooked for the hulking athletic types - pretty hard to teach the nous and footy smarts they have

skirk34

Debutant
Aug 31, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Philadelphia Eagles
where would serong be sitting in the bnf?
Ryan, Tabs, Brayshaw, Mundy, Fyfe would all be ahead right now. Surely top 10 and could even push top 5, missing first 3 games hurts his chances though.

Dump Truck

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
At the quarter time break the camera gave us a shot of Serong right at the front watching Longmuir intently.

He looked like the son of one of the players getting a taste of the big time.

He is so young. Already so good.

Watching him at OPTUS, he always is asking Fyfe/Mundy/Walters for one last bit of direction and guidance post 1/3qtr huddle. He's good. But he wants to be Fyfe good. Which is amazing.

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
nope.

walsh burns more balls than a vasectomy doctor

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience; but just because you witnessed one ball being turned over it doesn't mean all are.

All the big ball winners turn the ball over more by virtue of having more possessions. For example, Dustin Martin and Dangerfield. If you don't know that then...

Back