Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Love that Charlie signed.

Love what Charlie said when he signed.

He is to this generation of Port players what Primus was to the last- players walk taller with these guys around.

Now time to repay the man with a flag.
Or maybe it's time for him to deliver a flag.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So 3 year contract for Dixon. Never felt any danger he was leaving, and happy he's resigned, but 3 years?

How do we all feel about that? 33 years old as a big, tall, heavy, previously injury prone player?

It's a fair old gamble you'd think. I would've given 2.
2 might have lost him. He is worth the gamble, deserves 3.

For Dixon, rebuilding and restoring older model cars is a form of meditation.He talks down his ability as a mechanic, laughing that he usually sends the cars down the road on the back of a tow-truck when he makes a mistake he can't fix himself.

But it's not the end result that he yearns for, it's the process.

And if he's not working on engines, he's out driving, whether that be on four wheels or two.

Dalfino

#BringBackTheBars
May 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

For all the crap Hinkley (deservedly) gets, you have to give him credit for his relationship-building abilities with the players. The revival of Dixon this season sits with him, Travis Boak, Chad Cornes and of course Charlie himself. Really glad to see a man mountain like Dicko come out and break some stigma by talking about mental health, and for it to be a success story. Here's to 3 more years of the King.

Hinkley is more than Dixon's coach and Port Adelaide is more than just his club.

"It's a home for me," he said.

"I live by myself, I'm a long way away from my parents and family, so this club has become a family for me. It was an easy decision to stay because of the family I've got here."

I assume breaking up with his ex - a former Miss Australia - added to his issues, she lived in Sydney, he in Adelaide and he had no family in SA, probably had some lonely and dark days and nights recovering from that dislocated ankle/broken leg injury over that 9 months or so from late 2018 and early 2019.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I assume breaking up with his ex - a former Miss Australia - added to his issues, she lived in Sydney, he in Adelaide and he had no family in SA, probably had some lonely and dark days and nights recovering from that dislocated ankle/broken leg injury over that 9 months or so from late 2018 and early 2019.
She probably moved on to that rich intelligent stud Snake_Baker 😂

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Loved his interview (especially the getting held comment)

Hate the fking flog on 5AA now.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
I was wondering if any of the people I have on ignore here is 'Jack', who thinks Charlie is the worst player PAFC has ever recruited :drunk:
For arguably our most important player (or 2nd after Boak if you factor in everything else) he sure as hell cops alot of hate.

Take him out, we're a 9th-14th team again.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
We thought we were getting a 50 goal a season Dixon. After 46 with gold coast missing games, moving to a better club with better fitness, that was I believe fair expectation.

Some of us still have those expectations. I think that's fair. We know how good his best is. It doesn't mean we don't like him or what him out. Personally I'm critical of his games because he can be a 60 goal a season forward. He's that good. His effort though can't be questioned thought personally I do wish he threw his power around more. It would be like having a 700hp Monaro and never taking it to a track day.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
For all the crap Hinkley (deservedly) gets, you have to give him credit for his relationship-building abilities with the players. The revival of Dixon this season sits with him, Travis Boak, Chad Cornes and of course Charlie himself. Really glad to see a man mountain like Dicko come out and break some stigma by talking about mental health, and for it to be a success story. Here's to 3 more years of the King.
Does that mean we need to credit Chad for his relationship building too?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
you have to give him credit for his relationship-building abilities with the players.
This is highly undervalued here

We recruited and held onto many of these players because of him.

He just needs the right tactical people around him, he's got a big part of the job under control, age and experience helps.

Back