List Mgmt. Carlton's 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Twomey has Holland's at 3... obviously hasn't received jimmaes biomechanical analysis yet
They all have info I don't have. Kid needs to build strength through his lower body and core to fix up that inconsistency, and he's probably been working on it. If it's not a muscular issue, then it's more of a concern.

I just want players that are explosive who can dispose well. He wasn't showing that consistently, and there are better options in the pool.

Seriously good junior.

Finds space, skilful and always seems to have time. Given his brother’s success, he knows what’s required to succeed. Focused and has to be in the mix at our pick.

Nice to see you around OR.
Anything from around the club you can share?

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
“No” as in he’s not an inside mid or “No” we don’t need an inside mid of his class?
"No" as in "no more inside mids".

Unless we've picked up some serious outside class prior to the draft, or jettisoned all three of Dow, Stocker and Kennedy, that's putting him in a queue that reads like so: Cripps, Ed, Setterfield, Kemp, Dow, Stocker, Kennedy, JSOS, Philp. I can also make a case for using Moore as an inside mid.

We need explosive, outside (or at least extremely balanced) mids who distribute the ball promptly and intelligently by hand and foot. We need mobility out there on the field, because we have so little of it even approaching an elite level compared to most sides in the competition.

Ockhams razor

Debutant
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
"No" as in "no more inside mids".

Unless we've picked up some serious outside class prior to the draft, or jettisoned all three of Dow, Stocker and Kennedy, that's putting him in a queue that reads like so: Cripps, Ed, Setterfield, Kemp, Dow, Stocker, Kennedy, JSOS, Philp. I can also make a case for using Moore as an inside mid.

We need explosive, outside (or at least extremely balanced) mids who distribute the ball promptly and intelligently by hand and foot. We need mobility out there on the field, because we have so little of it even approaching an elite level compared to most sides in the competition.

Thanks.

That‘s great you’ve got Dow, Kennedy & Stocker as settled best 22, is that why Cripps is currently getting all the support he could ever ask for?

Seen any of Phillips’ highlights or read any reviews? How does his pace, outside game and skill compare to each of these?

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks.

That‘s great you’ve got Dow, Kennedy & Stocker as settled best 22, is that why Cripps is currently getting all the support he could ever ask for?

Seen any of Phillips’ highlights or read any reviews? How does his pace, outside game and skill compare to each of these?

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Not that I could find.

He's kicked a few big goal tallies, with one of them being 5.5; 4 in the final quarter to win a game. Jayden Stephenson's only game in the champs which suggested his AFL capabilities was his 8 goal performance; outside of that, he was extremely inaccurate, and only good for 1-2 goals a game.

I like that we've gone for MIDFIELDER/forwards, but I also think we should go for midfielder/FORWARDS as well; especially considering our link between forward and midfield is part of our problem.
Great point. A dynamic mid forward would be sick.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow

Jeez, yes please. Second efforts, clean, hard at it. From highlights, can footy. Looks like burst speed, gets low and composed. In a draft with some unknowns, this kid could go anywhere, hopefully Carlton.
Twomey has him available at our pick and he is usually pretty close to the mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back