Teams Cronulla Sharks 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good effort against a top side in awful conditions, but what a time for Shaun Johnson to have a horror off the tee. But I have to say, I have never been a fan of Moylan. I just think his errors to creativity ratio is too high.

A good effort against a top side in awful conditions, but what a time for Shaun Johnson to have a horror off the tee. But I have to say, I have never been a fan of Moylan. I just think his errors to creativity ratio is too high.

Wasn’t a great night for kicking and the Eels shots were all pretty much right in front.

But he’s been pretty good this year bar a couple of zero goal efforts. Maybe he’s like Clokey, if he nailed the first one he was usually good for the day, misses it and they all get sprayed

But bloody Moylan, didn’t think it was possible to kick dead in those conditions and up steps Matty...

Yeah, my pet view has long been that the two most over-rated players in the NRL are the two M's; Moylan and Morgan at the Cowboys. And as you say, SJ has been pretty damned good lately, bar that goal-kicking last week.

I am prepared to cut Shaun Johnson a bit of slack last week. Those were atrocious conditions and you really needed to be kicking in front of the black dot, not from out near the touch line.

Moylan's time with us must be getting near the end.

SJ was the only reason we were close anyway, set up 2 tries and had a hand in the other, forced multiple dropouts and had the try saving rundown tackle on Moses where he took him into touch.

Shaun Johnson doesnt need to be cut slack. Has been playing out of his skin the past 6 weeks with the exception of the Penrith game.

Moylan though last week was a liability. First game back in a month and terrential conditions give him a slight out but the brain fades were telling.

What a game. An arm wrestle in the first half then we blew them away with a ten minute burst. Then Kevin Proctor decided to help himself to a Johnson burger which was extraordinary. The Sharkies crowd were in no doubt and were chanting, 'off, off, off' well before the Ref pionted to the sheds.

I really liked Talakai's game and Rudolf also impresses me in the limited time he gets. If we can hold on to these guys we have the makings of a good forward pack. Moylan also played better in the halves this week. Maybe the dry weather meant he didn't have to worry about getting his hair wet?

Shaun Johnson interviewed after the game said he will be OK for next week and Josh Duggan also looked to be OK. We are going to need them as we have drawn the Panthers for the second time in four weeks. Sooner or later we will take a big scalp and maybe next week will be it?

I just watched the game. Well Moylan was much better this week, but if SJ is OK that is the news you need, I could just watch that assist for Talakai on repeat, it was so pretty. The Titans are no pushover any more. I watch them with interest, because Holbrook took over a decent squad, and took them to the next level, making Saints comfortably the best side in the comp. Now he goes to the other end of the table, and he knows he has big reinforcements coming next season. But anyway, plenty to like about the Sharks; I was just thinking what a good lad Williams was, and then he went and scored that try, well deserved. And everyone bangs on about Nathan Cleary, and rightly so, he is a terrific player. But the fact that Johnson has more try assists than him, when, let's be right, Cleary is playing in the best side in the comp, and with the best will in the world, the Sharks are some way off that, says a lot.

And as for the red card; it's criticism of the NRL I have often had, they are too reluctant to give red cards, but in this case, I don't see a lot of controversy in it. So well done to the ref for not bottling out. It certainly ended the game as a contest. But tough; don't bite people.

And as for the red card; it's criticism of the NRL I have often had, they are too reluctant to give red cards, but in this case, I don't see a lot of controversy in it. So well done to the ref for not bottling out. It certainly ended the game as a contest. But tough; don't bite people.

Holbrook is going on about the process but it looked OK to me. Player got bit, player complained to the Ref, Ref checked the vision and said on ya bike. The replay is very clear so I cannot see that it could have been handled any differently.

Good game to watch up to the bite incident. Johnson has been on another level the past 2 months.
We are lucky in a sense that up until the Proctor send off the battle was very even. After that we ran away with it.

However it was a clear bite on the second action. The first one i agree that Johnson had his arm in his mouth but you see Proctors lips/mouth guard intentionally go away and back into Johnsons arm and pinch the skin.

Also Mal Meninga's 'he was fearing for his life' is totally ridiculous. Johnsons arm was barely a 1/4 way around his neck and Proctor clearly had the ability to move his head. Obviously conflicted though considering he works at the titans so i guess he has to fly the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The really annoying thing is last night's game was almost a carbon copy of the last time we played Penrith. They got away in the first twenty minutes and it was virtually game over at half time. Our defence is terrible, too many big gaps in our line, but a young and inexperienced front row probably partially explains that.

It didn't help that Johnson was out but no excuses we were not good enough. From what I have seen lately Penrith are the side to beat. Storm and Chooks have run into injury and Parramatta are inconsistent.

Will Kennedy, Braydon Trindall, Connor Tracy all on show last night. The future is looking bright if we can hang onto these young guys. I can smell the Roosters, Storm etc. circling.

I didn't think Valentine Holmes was that damaging last night. It may be that Valentine is a good player in a good side but when he hasn't got the talent around him he is no where near as potent.

The next two weeks are huge as far as our season goes. We play Knights (7th) and Warriors (9th) and we really need to win both as they are followed by the Chooks and the Raiders.

Time to send Moylan off to the Super League, only way I can see him playing again is if Kennedy gets injured as he’d have to be the 5th choice half after last night.

Trindall and Kennedy both looked really dangerous and 26 tackles made and 0 missed from Tracey was impressive as well.

Time to send Moylan off to the Super League,

Oi! I resent that! :D

I'm not so sure about Tracey, but Trindall looks a talent, and Kennedy has been very impressive. Never rated the Knights much, and it says it all that the Warriors look to be a tougher side to beat. Anyway, you guys are surely well-placed.

Well, I confidently predicted the Sharks here, cos Newcastle are a one-man team, aren't they? :rolleyes:

I suppose the trouble with one-man teams is, you have to stop that one man...

Well, I confidently predicted the Sharks here, cos Newcastle are a one-man team, aren't they? :rolleyes:

I suppose the trouble with one-man teams is, you have to stop that one man...
Doesn’t help that our one-man was out haha, though that was a completely awful performance in every aspect really.

I think our season will disappear down the toilet after the judicary meet this week. Brain fades galore and I am not sure how this happens to a side pushing for a spot in the eight.

The season from hell-
  • Xerri decides to pump himself full of banned substances
  • We get done for salary cap breaches
  • We turn up for a season defining game and several players leave their brain in the locker room.

Last edited:
I thought the first half was error riddled. At one stage both sides made 7 errors in a ten minute period. The only saving grace was the opposition made four of them.

Siosifi Talakai stepped up brilliantly to cover for Wade Graham and Connor Tracey in the halves was also pretty good in place of Townsend. Also liked Toby Rudolf, Shaun Johnson and our wingers. Rudolf is an absolute wrecking ball as he showed with his first try in senior company.

Good to see us come back when we were down in the last ten minutes. We are in the finals and that is better than I thought we would do.

In some more good news we now know that Sione Katoa, Toby Rudolf, Ronaldo Mulitalo, Will Kennedy, Teig Wilton, Royce Hunt and Siosifa Talakai have all re signed with Cronulla.

1600000464153.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back