Review Round 16, 2020 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me a bit of the early 2000's. When you are winning comfortably you start to become critical of minor things. I remember feeling flat after wins during that period. Looking back on that I think, really!

We may not win this year but we've given ourselves a hell of a chance. If you don't enjoy how we are going at the moment then you will never enjoy it.

Need a lot better effort from our bottom 6 come finals time.

Farell,Sutcliffe, Marshall, Motlop all terrible and played without Burton too. That’s 5 guys who had no impact.
That’s the opportunity. Get a return from 25% of the squad and get 25% better.

There is no team in the league btw that doesn’t say the same thing.

Did what we had to do. 6 goal win is probably not a reflection of how comfortable it was though. Still improvement to be bad up forward.
Butters to miss a couple, Burton May he close to cooked for the year given he will make it back in finals.
It looks like that win seals a top 4 spot.

Meh. Port are in such a weird place

we’re top of the ladder and going into finals with a likely top 2 or certainly top 4 and we’ve played some stunning football at times

but we’ve also been pretty ordinary the second half of the year, just scratching out wins against plenty of poor teams and notching up goalless qtrs regularly.

hinkleys bizarrely awesome selection decisions at the start of the year have gotten worse and worse every week to the point we regressed to playing a similar structure tonight that lost us plenty of games in the past and destroyed the confidence of plenty of our young players.

Rozees regression from freak talent to second guessing himself in the most common situations is sad and concerning.

hopefully butters only gets 1-2 games.
[/QUOTE
I think Rozee was better than last week and last week he was better than when he was getting a jab

How the fu** does North Melbourne get away with not performing a concussion test? From the moment they started viewing the vision and ruled out Simpkin based on that you knew their primary objective was to stitch up Butters. Maybe they're pissed off at Port for giving them Polec.
The club should argue that the "player couldn't come back on" rule can't apply because a concussion test wasn't done.

Most important game for the rest of the HA season for us is the Geelong Richmond game. If Richmond win, we're almost locked into Top 2. Obviously, if we win both it doesn't matter, but that's some solid security to have.
Bold of you to think we can't go full port ptsd and drop both games from here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that we are top is an indictment on the rest of the competition.

We usually have a s**t run of games in the second half of the season. We're just winning most of them in scraps this year. Hopefully we hit our straps at the right time.

Swap the chevrons for a hoodie and DBJ is hanging out @ Lizbeff food court lmao

View attachment 954127

wzQHZWW.jpg

Shout out to Ollie's kicking again he's really working hard on it obviously and it's paying off, I'm glad I haven't heard him comment on it being his weakness in interviews in recent memory as well.. maybe a more positive reinforcement environment is at play as well.

Peps too. He really lifts the eyes disposing into 50 now and generally hits a target. No more just kick it as hard as he can in the direction of the goals.

He knows he dodged a bullet when Marshall's guernsey was pulled ;)

Reminds me a bit of the early 2000's. When you are winning comfortably you start to become critical of minor things. I remember feeling flat after wins during that period. Looking back on that I think, really!

We may not win this year but we've given ourselves a hell of a chance. If you don't enjoy how we are going at the moment then you will never enjoy it.
I've gotta say it is nice to win the ones we absolutely should.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Top of the ladder and people are still whinging. Large parts of this forum have gone to sh*t. Seriously tough conditions tonight.

Did what was needed and senior players stood up.

I’m very happy with that

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

seems negative analysis paralysis is in vogue

The Good
12-3 (11-4 hoodoo be gone)
Ports first win in September in 6 long years!
Port will be playing finals in October
Boak, Wines, Lycett, Dixon, SPP, Amon, Hammer and Butters
Played an explosive patch of footy in the 3rd quarter

The Bad
Burton getting injured again
Butters likely suspension 😒
Jarred Polec
Motlop
Richo’s commentating
Several odd umpiring calls

The ugly
Sutcliffe