Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

Hear hear. See how it's all starting to come out now that it's not just dole bludgers forced to deal with them?

Absolutely.

Now formerly employed "worthy" folk are encountering the s**t that has been there for years for the "dole bludgers". They will really enjoy the standard JobSeeker rate from 1 January.

Dunno why the useless ALP have not gone after the corrupt JobActive providers. Someone posted this earlier, a disgraceful example of the useless corrupt courses they get paid for,

A really good summary of the shitty, corrupt JobActive providers and the idiots at Centrelink

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...and-counter-productive?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Actually this seems like a self entittled flog whinging that a provider wont expand their client base for them while saying im only interested in work in this area when the requirement is for work you can do..

Its not the providers role to find you work, its to assist you in finding work... unfortunately plenty of people don’t understand this. Some providers are better than others. You just need to look around

Yes centrelink originally should have excluded them from mutual obligations but thats a reflection on them not the provider.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Actually this seems like a self entittled flog whinging that a provider wont expand their client base for them while saying im only interested in work in this area when the requirement is for work you can do..

Its not the providers role to find you work, its to assist you in finding work... unfortunately plenty of people don’t understand this. Some providers are better than others. You just need to look around

Yes centrelink originally should have excluded them from mutual obligations but thats a reflection on them not the provider.

I agree with your middle paragraph - I felt I had good providers - I worked with them and floated along when the road got bumpy - I just found too many people made it hard on themselves by having an attacking mindset

To change providers jobseekers need to get the permission of their current provider.
They don't give permission unless there is a good excuse.

It is NOT the ONLY role of providers but they are most definitely tasked with finding jobseekers work.
They pay kickbacks to private employment agencies/labour hire firms to exclusively list vacancies prior to those vacancies being published elsewhere.

To change providers jobseekers need to get the permission of their current provider.

It is NOT the ONLY role of providers but they are most definitely tasked with finding jobseekers work.
They pay kickbacks to private employment agencies/labour hire firms to exclusively list vacancies prior to those vacancies being published elsewhere.

The only time my provider did anything for me was when I threatened, or actually did, request a transfer to another provider.

First time they tried telling me they were the only 5 star provider in the state before giving me the one agent that actually did give a crap. A month later, after the government sent me a survey about my provider, I noticed the 5 star sign in the office changed to 4 stars.

Second time, I completed the transfer form in the morning, and had a job by that afternoon. It was a s**t job but it was the foot in the door I needed. Interviews became easier to get having a current job on the resume. A couple of months later, I had a better job, and missed out on another because the agency misread my resume (to their credit, they offered me another role a few weeks later, but by then I was already in my new job).

Ironically I now work opposite my provider!

Been carefully salting away most of the corona supplement and enjoying the freedom of not scrounging to find the rent or pay the power bill. Now find out you have to tell them if you have $2000 or more in the bank. Guess I'll visit the atm in the morning to get this month's living expenses.

Been carefully salting away most of the corona supplement and enjoying the freedom of not scrounging to find the rent or pay the power bill. Now find out you have to tell them if you have $2000 or more in the bank. Guess I'll visit the atm in the morning to get this month's living expenses.

Who said this?

Plenty of people had 2 lots of $10000 arrive in their accounts recently.

I went to update my details and it was listed. Hang on.

Income and assets - manage income and assets

clink said:
It is optional to notify us of a small change to your:
  • car, boat, real estate or personal effects of $1,000 or less
  • shares, investments, bank balances or loan of $2,000 or less.
You will have 14 days to review and submit started changes before they cancel.

Right, it seems I misread it, they want to know about a $2000 change not balance. That would include all those getting their super out.

That was the one thing I found sucked.

As I didnt smoke or drink and walked most places - I had a nice stash in the bank - pre-covid double ups - and they wanted to know where I was working cash jobs as '' nobody can save that much and not be doing cashies''

It was a lesson in visible bank management

It says a lot about Morrison that when given the chance to legitimately boast that he's the first PM in generations to lift hundreds of thousands of Australians out of poverty he chooses not to.
What do you want him to do? Payments couldn't be left at $550 a week forever. In saying that it can't go back to the old rate and the mutual obligations need to go. What it finally ends up as is what he should be judged on.

What do you want him to do? Payments couldn't be left at $550 a week forever. In saying that it can't go back to the old rate and the mutual obligations need to go. What it finally ends up as is what he should be judged on.
Anecdotally people are actually surviving on what it is at the moment. Also why can't it stay at current levels either? If we have the dosh to push forward with tax cuts, surely Jobseeker can be kept at current levels too.

Anecdotally people are actually surviving on what it is at the moment. Also why can't it stay at current levels either? If we have the dosh to push forward with tax cuts, surely Jobseeker can be kept at current levels too.
It's too much, as I've said before a person on minimum wage casual (iirc $24 an hour) has to work 23 hours just to break even, where's the incentive? Just because money is arguably wasted elsewhere there's plenty of places it could or should go.

Give a significant raise to the old rate and more importantly overhaul the system with the job obligations/ agencies, that's a disgrace. For the record I have zero faith in Morrison doing this post covid as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I would do is to give people studying extra money, when I went from going to tech to looking for work on the dole I thought it was a bit of a joke that you got the same when you are no longer have the expenses of stuff like fees, books and traveling to learn most days.

One thing I would do is to give people studying extra money, when I went from going to tech to looking for work on the dole I thought it was a bit of a joke that you got the same when you are no longer have the expenses of stuff like fees, books and traveling to learn most days.
I wouldn’t be banking on the current government supporting higher education given its recent decisions.

The thing about jobseeker money is at least you know it’s all going back into the economy, not being stashed away somewhere. There needs to be a balance between the amount you can earn unemployed against employed but maybe we could finally stop treating unemployed as shiftless scum who chose their circumstances.

The ideal rate for the dole would be around $500-$550 a week without it becoming a real disincentive to employment. Any higher and the rate might need to start being taxed to justify.

Actually thats wrong. You dont need your current providers permission. Its user choice.. you can change once every 12 months.

And there is no exclusivity clause on any vacancy. Your just talking crap now.

And i do know as have worked the past 9years in this industry.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

The ideal rate for the dole would be around $500-$550 a week without it becoming a real disincentive to employment. Any higher and the rate might need to start being taxed to justify.
At $550 as I said a person working 23 hours a week at $24 casual would break even with someone doing nothing, you don't think that is a bit of a disincentive?

edit - we would also have the raise the old age pension to the same otherwise imagine the uproar.

At $550 as I said a person working 23 hours a week at $24 casual would break even with someone doing nothing, you don't think that is a bit of a disincentive?

edit - we would also have the raise the old age pension to the same otherwise imagine the uproar.
Old people don’t have the same outgoings as young people paying a mortgage, raising a family etc. The idea that they should always be ahead of the unemployed is one we need to move beyond when many seniors own their own home, have no dependents, have access to superannuation etc.

Old people don’t have the same outgoings as young people paying a mortgage, raising a family etc. The idea that they should always be ahead of the unemployed is one we need to move beyond when many seniors own their own home, have no dependents, have access to superannuation etc.
I don't disagree but good luck with that politically.

I think my retired old mate said it was about $430 a week, why not just make the dole the same?

It would only be a disincentive if either the worker was a slacker or if the employer was terrible to the worker.

For most people seeking a job can be an expensive exercise and from talking to many recruiters and hiring managers they hate disparate job seeker.

Do you remember how much Sweetchuck had when Zed robbed him at the start of Police Academy 2 ??

DON'T CHEAT

And the disability pension, otherwise we’ll all just go onto job seeker!!!

As for education, there is extra payments for study, but you can only use them once and they have a limited lifespan.

Actually thats wrong. You dont need your current providers permission. Its user choice.. you can change once every 12 months.

Really?
A Job Plan is a contract between provider and jobseeker which can't be broken without the permission of both parties.

It is not uncommon for job providers to use weasel words to confuse jobseekers about their rights. In fact such behaviour is all too common.

And there is no exclusivity clause on any vacancy. Your just talking crap now.

As part of their contract with the dept, there isn't allowed to be an exclusivity clause on any vacancy.
They get around this clause by claiming that the vacancy isn't official yet, that they just have the inside word.

And i do know as have worked the past 9years in this industry.

There is a backlog of thousands of people who have reached out for help because they have been dudded by misinformation/lies of job providers and people who work in the industry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back