Sydney Stack Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets see if he gets 10 games suspension , sent home and sydney cops 100 k fine

anything less and the afl condone violence against women

Will be an interesting 48 hrs coming up for sure.

Carro will likely be all over this one no doubt having already sharpened the knife for the Tigers lads.

Gill and the Heads junket to KweeLan for 2 weeks of sun and poolside cocktails has gotten off to a pretty rocky start.

Lucky not to choke on his little cocktail umbrella.

Elijah Taylor has just taken the heat off us for a while at least.
This is all thats been reported.
No sign of Jon Ralph or his merry henchmen.

The Sydney Swans have released a statement after allegations were levelled at young forward Elijah Taylor on Instagram by his girlfriend.
Sam Landsberger, Herald Sun
Subscriber only
|
September 6, 2020 8:44am
Serious allegations have been levelled at Elijah Taylor. Picture: Jono Searle/Getty Images)
Serious allegations have been levelled at Elijah Taylor. Picture: Jono Searle/Getty Images)
MORE IN SPORT

Trade guide: Your club’s left-field targets

Ditts digs heels in on Cornes B&F conspiracy claims

Expert tips: Can Dees keep finals hopes alive?

similars

Allegations of domestic violence have been made against Sydney Swans player Elijah Taylor.
The suspended player’s girlfriend Lekahni Pearce, 18, made the allegation in an Instagram post to her 3400 followers.
The post was later removed by the social media platform for breaching guidelines.
The Swans have promised to take allegations of domestic violence levelled against teenage forward Taylor “very seriously”.
Sydney immediately alerted the AFL. The Herald Sun is not suggesting the allegations are true, only that they have been made.
Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season. Watch every match of every round Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
Sydney has promised to take the allegations levelled at Elijah Taylor very seriously. Picture: Phil Hillyard
Sydney has promised to take the allegations levelled at Elijah Taylor very seriously. Picture: Phil Hillyard
Taylor's girlfriend, Lekahni Pearce. Picture: Instagram
Taylor, 19, was suspended for the final six games of the season after Ms Pearce broke into Sydney’s quarantine hub in Western Australia for an eight-hour visit last month.
Sydney was fined $50,000 (half suspended), which will count in the club’s 2021 soft cap.
The incident not only breached the AFL’s return-to-play protocols but also Western Australia’s COVID-19 directions and was investigated by police.

“The Sydney Swans are aware of allegations made on social media regarding first-year player Elijah Taylor,” the club said in a statement last night.
“The allegations are very serious and are being treated as such. The club has notified the AFL and is not in a position to comment further at this time.”

Just from the financials perspective of this debacle, I'm not convinced that the loss of $100,000 from the Club's soft cap will actually cost anyone a job. It's just that the cost of the job, including the fine, effectively triples for a 12 month period. If I understand this correctly, the RFC will pay the AFL a fine of $100,000. The RFC can still retain a person on the football department payroll and pay them $100,000. However, by doing so, the RFC also has to pay the AFL a premium being the soft cap excess of another $100,000. Our Club is not exactly destitute and an extra $300,000 should be easy, albeit annoying, to accommodate.

Also, if Stack successfully argues that he is not required to pay any fine, presumably CCJ and Cotch will not be required to either.

This is all thats been reported.
No sign of Jon Ralph or his merry henchmen.

The Sydney Swans have released a statement after allegations were levelled at young forward Elijah Taylor on Instagram by his girlfriend.
Sam Landsberger, Herald Sun
Subscriber only
|
September 6, 2020 8:44am
MORE IN SPORT

Trade guide: Your club’s left-field targets

Ditts digs heels in on Cornes B&F conspiracy claims

Expert tips: Can Dees keep finals hopes alive?

similars

Allegations of domestic violence have been made against Sydney Swans player Elijah Taylor.
The suspended player’s girlfriend Lekahni Pearce, 18, made the allegation in an Instagram post to her 3400 followers.
The post was later removed by the social media platform for breaching guidelines.
The Swans have promised to take allegations of domestic violence levelled against teenage forward Taylor “very seriously”.
Sydney immediately alerted the AFL. The Herald Sun is not suggesting the allegations are true, only that they have been made.
Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season. Watch every match of every round Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
Taylor's girlfriend, Lekahni Pearce. Picture: Instagram's girlfriend, Lekahni Pearce. Picture: Instagram
Taylor, 19, was suspended for the final six games of the season after Ms Pearce broke into Sydney’s quarantine hub in Western Australia for an eight-hour visit last month.
Sydney was fined $50,000 (half suspended), which will count in the club’s 2021 soft cap.
The incident not only breached the AFL’s return-to-play protocols but also Western Australia’s COVID-19 directions and was investigated by police.

“The Sydney Swans are aware of allegations made on social media regarding first-year player Elijah Taylor,” the club said in a statement last night.
“The allegations are very serious and are being treated as such. The club has notified the AFL and is not in a position to comment further at this time.”
imagine he was a richmond player

I’m done being upset with Stack and CCJ. They’ve made the mistake, they’re now doing their time, it’s now about how they bounce back from this and I think both of them will mature a lot from this incident.

I’m done being upset with Stack and CCJ. They’ve made the mistake, they’re now doing their time, it’s now about how they bounce back from this and I think both of them will mature a lot from this incident.
stacky has a whole summer in perth without lockdown to get through

reckon he'll be on the sauce a fair bit. cant believe he streamed his udl session

stacky has a whole summer in perth without lockdown to get through

reckon he'll be on the sauce a fair bit
He’s a 20 year old man, I have no doubt and I don’t begrudge him having a few beers over the summer, I just hope that he still finds time to put his head down and his bum up and really prove how much he wants this AFL career in the off-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with you.

The appropriate sanctions have been handed down (and if you don't think they're appropriate, don't hold your breath waiting for a change in outcome).

Now it's over to CCJ and SS to show us by their response what they're made of.

He’s a 20 year old man, I have no doubt and I don’t begrudge him having a few beers over the summer, I just hope that he still finds time to put his head down and his bum up and really prove how much he wants this AFL career in the off-season.

Just my two cents, but I think this is a time fraught with challenges for Stack.

After what was a great pre-season by all reports, he did not handle being away from the club environment well during the lockdown. Now he will be away from the club for an unclear amount of time, which may be until pre-season starts in Jan.

Next few months will be career defining for him.

so why did stack he’s sorry to the club he loves playing for ?
Damage control probably hopefully he stays and it’s just the manager dribbling s**t. Either way stack needs to knuckle down and focus

Good opportunity to do a Chol, do the extra fitness and conditioning work and come back to next preseason in great nick. The biggest issue will be if he can develop the mental focus, maturity and self-motivation to do that.

Why would she not go to the police as soon as she can instead of posting on social media for attention?
Fair question. There is no excuse for any form of physical or mental intimidation by anyone at anytime. However, posting allegations to the world on social media rather than taking the matter to the authorities gives the impression that the complainant is more interested in personal attention than receiving justice for the alleged grievance. I don't know anything about the circumstances of this matter so I'm not making any comments on either party. There are processes in place that both parties can access and I hope they do so to their mutual benefit.

Why would she not go to the police as soon as she can instead of posting on social media for attention?
Any number of reasons I guess but the simplest explanation shown by a lot of the incidents over the past few days that young people are stupid and don’t think about things before or as they are doing them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back