Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Once again the workhorse is the scapegoat because.... ?
Scapegoat? He is an average footballer. He has average skills. He may run all day but he is slow. If we are to be a good side it will be because we replace his type with better footballers. :stern look

I see our best wingers being Polec and Scott, because of there run and the ground the cover pretty effortlessly.
I can see Dumont in the centre when he has simpkin, ldu or even TT around. One slower bigger body around the contest isn't too bad.

It's going to be interesting with a fit Cunnington and Ziebell. Its not even funny how different the rotations will look compared to the way we have been going about developing our future.

Disagree.
Well that’s the problem right there. Some of you don’t get it. We are 4th for Clearances yet 17th on the ladder. Winning the ball inside is fine. Cunnington is a class act because he ain’t sloppy. Problem is that majority of our remaining inside mids are and Dumont is one of them. They win it and give it away. And when the ball gets on the outside you can forget about guys like Dumont chasing. :stern look

Well that’s the problem right there. Some of you don’t get it. We are 4th for Clearances yet 17th on the ladder. Winning the ball inside is fine. Cunnington is a class act because he ain’t sloppy. Problem is that majority of our remaining inside mids are and Dumont is one of them. They win it and give it away. And when the ball gets on the outside you can forget about guys like Dumont chasing. :stern look

Let me know how to turn our 3rd-5th best inside player playing multiple roles to cover injury into Dustin Martin :stern look

Has had his chance to take his game to the next level but hadn’t taken it.
Probably one guy with value that can be traded.
Small speedy forward or second rounder thanks.
Agreed. Think with our midfield options next year he's down the pecking order. Too slow and disposal is shaky. Next year when available: cunnington ldu simpkin higgins scott Anderson polec ziebell tt zurhaar that's alot of midfield options in the side already.

I may be way off with this one, but I haven't seen anything this year from Trent except a player who consistently gets the job done. He is neat by foot, an excellent handball, a smart player, he can lock down, win the ball and play a role.

My memory might be a little foggy, but Trent almost plays a similar role to Blakey in the 90s. A utility mid who is reliable. There is Buckley's chance that Dumont plays anywhere but in the starting 18 for North in 2021.

Let me know how to turn our 3rd-5th best inside player playing multiple roles to cover injury into Dustin Martin :stern look
LOL. You still don’t get it do you? You predominately score from Turnover. Harassment and Ball Movement. Guys who are simply Inside Mids need to be very good at their craft like Cunnington or can contribute with that Harassment and Ball Movement. Sadly Dumont struggles to chase and is sloppy with Ball in hand. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another optimist who wants to trade a player they don't value to an opposition club for something of value

Not saying he’s not decent but we need a point of difference to our team.
Other clubs are crying out for an in and under type but we need small forward/defender , rebounding defenders , burst mids.
You’ve got to give something to get something.

Scapegoat? He is an average footballer. He has average skills. He may run all day but he is slow. If we are to be a good side it will be because we replace his type with better footballers. :stern look

THE TOP 5

Ben Cunnington 242

Robbie Tarrant 227

Todd Goldstein 192*

Trent Dumont 192

Ben Brown 190*

He's no star but he is not the problem.

No one said he’s the problem but to get to the top we need a better balanced side.
Put our side next to the top sides and let me know how many positions we are better in.
He’s honest but he needs to be our Duncan , gaff who accumulate and use it well.

No one said he’s the problem but to get to the top we need a better balanced side.
Put our side next to the top sides and let me know how many positions we are better in.
He’s honest but he needs to be our Duncan , gaff who accumulate and use it well.
We half at least a half dozen blokes who have been moving witch's hats that have played regular senior footy. He will be there as we get better as he isn't the one we need to replace.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No doubt. I agree.

He will never be as good as Duncan or Gaff etc. Simply not good enough.

But for mine we have many to delist/trade before even considering Dumont.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back